Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
It's amazing to me that we are holding on to the Senate seat in AZ.

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1061685707314487298

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

mistaya posted:

Can't Colorodo folks bombard them with phone calls that this ain't okay because it seems like we need to hold their feet to the fire or they'll never do anything good. Electing Democrats doesn't mean anything if they default to corporatism the second the take office. And unlike Republicans them being terrible corporate shills is not what they were elected to do so it just depresses turnout in the next election because they've downright proven that :matters:

If you live in CO, join your local DSA and push them to do things the way you want. There's so much potential here, and we can't waste it.

quote:

e: This thread is cool and good and everything I wanted.

:yeah:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Not all NYT opeds are horrible, just 99.999999... %

https://twitter.com/SeanTrende/status/1061647085647343616

Between this, we also need to grant DC and PR statehood, ensure all states have early voting, paper ballots, and vote by mail with no lovely signature matching laws.

What else am I missing?

Oh yeah, bipartisan commissions to draw district maps, and an end to partisan gerrymandering.

I'm sure there's more electoral changes needed, but that would be a great start.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 12, 2018

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

axeil posted:

Funny enough, we have a thread about electoral reform!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874142
I missed that! I'll cross post. Great OP by the way.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

More universal for some than others still. We can start using that word when people can trust on their ballots being counted without fuckery.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Since when would a the OSC inform someone ahead of time that they're being indicted?

They didn't. If you read it carefully, he *Thinks* he is going to be indicted soon.

It's just more attempted grift. Remember that the OSC doesn't leak.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 13, 2018

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

I really don't understand why Trump does what he does re: trying to force people out of his administration, Nielsen seems like she's been really effective at getting done what he's wanted done, and yet he wants her gone?

Is there something white house employees get after being there a year that he is trying to prevent? Also Nielson is going to get blamed for all the terrible immigration stuff going on with ICE, and he wants to dump her because it make shim look bad or something? I honestly don't know.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Oh god, I can't imagine a world when an elected official uses twitter in way that could be deemed as "bad"

My heavens, what is the world coming to!

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1067059878622109697

loving A Celebrity Death Match needs to come back in time for 2020 and have a special political season. It would bring some seriousness and civility back into the world.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Z. Autobahn posted:

John Barron strikes again!

Melanie strikes when least expected.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Don Jr has been working with Mueller the whole time

I think the height of comedy options would be Assange. The most poetic would be one of his kids.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

No

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 27, 2018

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/LisaDNews/status/1067534144664731648

I doubt this will go anywhere, but interesting nonetheless.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

The Greek Orthodox Church is a new lead as far as I know.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Is the the quo?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I think I missed that this was a long brewing issue.

Russia has been pushing the treaty boundaries for a couple years at this point. Dissolving the treaty isn't the right answer through, it is to penalize Russia for breaking the treaty.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Wrong thread.

With Butina talking, Corsi and Stone squirming, the NRA going under, I feel like we are getting close to the end game. Who knows what will happen, but things are accelerating.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Edit: Two posts in the wrong thread.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Thats some good poo poo right there.

What was the impetus to bering PAYGO back in the first place in the house rules?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/evansiegfried/status/1082764099270905856

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

predicto posted:

I hate to be that guy but I can't help it

My first thought is that this feels like that McCain campaign worker who pretended to be assaulted by a black Obama supporter, but the "B" on her face was backwards and she made it all up. Or when Morton Downey Jr. claimed that he was attacked in a bathroom at an airport by nazis but the swastika on his face was backwards. Or when Ryan Lochte claimed he was robbed at the Rio Olympics.

So it's 2 am, its well below freezing in Chicago, and two bad guys who just happen to be out wandering around wearing ski masks looking for a black or gay man to harass while carrying... bleach? Of course, it is possible, but I've become completely cynical about these things.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Nosfereefer posted:

My point still stands; David Cameron made sweet love to a dead pig.

Savory love sir.