Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Sucrose posted:

IMO, this should pretty much settle the question right here. Black Virginians are the hurt party here, so it should be pretty much down to them to decide whether Northam ought to resign. If black Virginians want him to stay by a fairly wide margin, then he should stay and whites should stop demanding that he resign over the issue.

In full disclosure I said earlier elsewhere on the internet that I thought he should resign when the story first broke, but I’m white and it’s not my place to decide.

I've been avoiding any comment on it, too. I think it's a shameful thing all around, but I'm neither a minority nor a Virginian, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

STAC Goat posted:

I think the general consensus from these polls I've seen is that "Black Virginians" are just (a) more likely to be Democrat and thus more likely concerned about the bigger consequences of Northam and others resigning and (b) more realistic about the racism they regularly face and less surprised that Northam and half a dozen other Virginian politicians were all independently blackfacing it up in the 80s.

This. It makes me sad to think about all the layers. Blackface is objectively bad. Wiping out the Democratic Party leadership in Virginia would be a shock, but I also would not want to be represented by someone who wore blackface so much he couldn't remember the specific event from the photo. I know I'd remember posing for such a photo...that poo poo"s just not funny.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Is it time to investigate Barr?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
A whole 36 minutes...ruining America's Number.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Whoa, I stand corrected. That's grotesque.

It shows how little I understand some people's motivation, I really can't put myself in their shoes. Voting Republican in the general when you cared enough to vote in the Democratic primary doesn't make any sense to me at all.

It makes perfect sense once you realize that center politicians like DWS, Pelosi, and Clinton are just Republicans who happen to wear blue. A lot of people will vote for the status quo, no matter who that is.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
When I bought my current rig, the rear end in a top hat running our local vape shop kept going on and on about giant clouds when all I wanted was a smooth mouth-to-lung replacement for smoking paper cigarettes. He seemed legit concerned about my manhood when I insisted on an MTL tank and a low nic e-juice.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Otteration posted:

Report: Puerto Rico’s infrastructure failing as federal aid remains on hold
rollcall.com/Nov 12, 2019
"Engineers group says hurricane-ravaged island needs up to $23 billion investment over 10 years"
"More than two years after hurricanes Irma and Maria devastated Puerto Rico, the island’s bridges, dams, drinking water, ports, roads and power grids are at a breaking point — and the federal dollars to fix that infrastructure remains out of reach.

So says the American Society of Civil Engineers in a report released Tuesday that assigned the island’s infrastructure an overall grade of D-."

quote:

“That’s just not true,” said Woll, adding that the agency is “working extremely hard” to get the money to Puerto Rico.

What a loving sleaze ball.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Kith posted:

have you considered reducing that number

Number can't go down, silly.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Trump wants war. The Republican Party is full of war hawks who want America First to be the rallying cry of a new American Empire.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Gyges posted:

No, Donny wants victory. He's the very model of a chickenhawk and is terrified of actual confrontations. At the same time he longs for the sweet drug of claiming victory, so he is super interested in waving around military power as much as possible. Safe in the knowledge that as gross and disgusting as everyone else in the world may find it, nobody is going to actually do anything about it.

This particular attack is a result of nobody doing anything about our/his increasing escalation teaming up with his near mythic level of stupidity. It's the military equivalent of how the Mueller investigation's failure to actually cause consequences drove his dumbass to immediately jump on extorting Ukraine.

You're right. Obama got Osama and dumped his body in the ocean. Trump really wanted to get his man, too, any man, even if he had to drop bombs on the road out of the airport in Iraq's capital. I mean just imagine if someone managed to blow up the head of MI5 on the highway out of JFK. The scandal would be immense. What President Orange ordered is really crass and very brazen in its stupidity.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

bird food bathtub posted:

All the Democrats were absolutely kept in the dark. I think it was Graham saying he was briefed on this days ago but this is where not being a pathological liar about everything from crowd size to hurricane tracks for every minute of every day comes in handy. Nobody outside of his cult can take their after-the-fact justifications as anything other than self serving lies.

Israel was briefed while Congress was kept in the dark. I'm not sure we can trust Graham when he says he was in the loop. Graham would totally claim he saw Donnie's horse driving his hover car that night. The man is a coward and is probably right now choking on a presidential erection.

I guess you could say I'm bitter about the actions of this administration. It literally is Montgomery Burns' 3 Stooges Syndrome of political scandal.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The US is so hosed.

I'm so sorry for you all, I really am.

Just sooooooo hosed.

This time you can victim blame. We really were begging for it.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Free lunches are ONLY for corporations and millionaires. The rest of us pick up the tab.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

MA-Horus posted:

You got your 1200 Trumpmarks, right? God, liberals whine about everything! (this is a joke)

Due to my status as a sex haver, I got 3400 big'uns from Grandaddy Dumph!

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Cabbit posted:

Due to my status as an unemployed millennial forced to live with their parents by necessity and who has allowed themself to be claimed as a dependent to ease the financial burden I'm placing on them, I'm not getting anything! I bet I wouldn't get that $2,000 either! gently caress!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7erl9k01C2M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Someone said (earlier in this thread or some other thread) that the guy filming had already blocked Aubrey in, forcing him to turn around toward the father and son duo, or something like that.