Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Stan's the definition of the American Dream, in some ways. Teenager gets a a part-time job when he's like, 16. Works his way up the ranks, benefits from nepotism and good timing, uses his charisma, talent and cunning to end up running the drat company, and becomes an icon in the industry.

Him and Jagger used to have a contest to see who could get with more ladies, last Stan checked, he was way ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'll always wonder what his proposed films with Alain Resnais would have been like

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sapphira posted:

Found out about this just now :( sucks.

who's going to do the Spiderman comic strip now?

His brother already drew it, he'll probably write it now as well. Or they'll get Peter David to do it, he's been doing adaptations for Marvel for years.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kal-L posted:

Well, this is the worst news of the year.

I know Kirby and Ditko were great artists, but it's no chance that their best work was done while together with Stan. He was a really great writer, and an even better promoter of comic books and the fandom.

I'll be drinking tonight in his honor, hoping that he's now in Valhalla, talking with Jack about new and exciting stories.

Excelsior!

Pretty sure without Stan intervening, Martin Goodman was gonna close up shop at one point. Stan talked him out of it.

Fun fact: Stan's main job in WWII was making comic strips and short films encouraging soldiers to avoid VD.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

A bit of cosmic timing with the last issue of Mister Miracle coming out today with it's last appearance of Stan Lee pastiche, Funky Flashman.

(note what I'm pretty sure is Mister Miracle's baby trying to say "excelsior.")

Here are a couple of articles on the character:
http://wmqcomics.com/news/carseatcovers041818/
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/08/02/mister-miracle-10-stan-lee-jack-kirby-fantastic-four/

Jack said "You have nothing to reproach yourself about" to Stan on the radio while wishing him a happy birthday in the 80's (Jack called in, it's in that Untold Marvel book). That's a little creepy and weird.

• Locked thread