Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Stan screwed over folks with his often revisionist bombast, but he and the Marvel Bullpen really refashioned comics. I can only imagine what it must have felt like to see poo poo like the Blade and the X-Men become big hits, then to see the out of left field success of Iron Man, and the universal praise for Black Panther.

Seems like the dude had a bad run since his wife died, though. I hope his final days were peaceful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Scaramouche posted:

I think that would have a powerful effect to see them all in place, maybe made up onto one of those photo mosiacs.
It's either going to be superimposed against a giant version of his face, or a giant MCU/Marvel Comics character splash isnt it?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I can't believe he chose Punisher over Stripperella!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Congratulations go to Vox for waiting almost 5 days to run the expected take:

The popular refrain is that without Lee, Marvel’s superheroes would never have become such beloved fixtures of popular culture. But in the comic book industry there’s a more tempered version of that refrain: that Lee, for a long time, took most of the credit and usually left very little to spare for the co-creators, partners, and artists he worked with along the way.

• Locked thread