Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, a Hamtaro thread? In this day and age? With so many new anime coming out? :confused:

No biggie. :)

What? Originally called Trotting Hamtaro, it started as a series of manga and picture books for the children which after 3 volumes went on to be animated by the fine folks of TMS Entertainment. It's original anime run lasted... around 296 episodes, along with a couple of OVA's and 4 movies? And there's a couple of sequel series? :monocle:

Who? The main characters of this story are cute, fluffy hamsters, or ham-hams, because gangs are cool, doubly so when the members are fluffy critters; starting with...

This dashing, nice boy right here is Hamtaro, all-round stand-up ham-ham who tends to be as curious as they come.

This is Hiroko (Laura) Hamtaro's human owner, she and her bespectacled best friend are the 2 most notable (but not only) humans shown.

This is Bijou (Ribbon-chan originally), kind of the ojou ham-ham. A little spoiled, but nevertheless a cutie. :3:

Here's Boss (Taishou), self-proclaimed leader of the group, and something of a braggart who likes to give people a lot of guff. Nevertheless, his heart is in the right place.

Coming in 4th is Oxnard (Koushi-kun), best bros with Hamtaro and unabashed glutton. Enjoys munching on Sunflower seeds and is a bit of a scaredy-ham. Still a good boy.

And to round out the main group, this is Pashmina (Mafura) That's right! This ham-ham likes to stand out and show people what's up!

Why? As far as laid-back, feel-good children shows go, few can beat Hamtaro. It's the kind of thing you watch while wrapping yourself in a bed-spread while drinking a hot beverage.

Where? Unfortunately, it seems like no streaming services currently carry the show and it doesn't appear like Viz Media is planning to re-release the DVD's any time soon, since search only yielded used DVD's, and only for the first few episodes. So if you want to try and find them through :filez:, go for it.

Enjoy! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Can't believe this list left out the most important ham ham, Snoozer.

He's always asleep, that's his thing, he is sleepy

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR3kGU0RoXE

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Hamtaro was great, I wish there was a Bluray of it so I could enjoy it in HD.
Kinda wish the first episode of Hamtaro Abridged was not taken down.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 12, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love that small percussion break where Hamtaro just air-drumming super hard. :dance:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I remember reading they produced a few new episodes for the rebroadcast in 2011, but I've never actually seen them and don't know if they got subtitled.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
This thread has officially been hijacked by Ebichu Crew.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

K. Flaps posted:

This thread has officially been hijacked by Ebichu Crew.

This is unacceptable. Thou shalt have no other ham but Hamtaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CBzd8KrKLo

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If anyone might still be remotely interested, I found a place which actually seems to have all 104 NA-dubbed episodes here. Again, normally I'd be all for legal streaming, but again, the DVD's seem to be long out of print and neither Viz nor Corus Entertainment/eOne (or TMS Entertainment, for that matter) seem to be interested in putting the series up to watch legally anywhere. Again, if there's a legal way to obtain the episodes that's not ridiculously convoluted or it isn't long out-of-print, I'll edit the link out of this post.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

If anyone might still be remotely interested, I found a place which actually seems to have all 104 NA-dubbed episodes here. Again, normally I'd be all for legal streaming, but again, the DVD's seem to be long out of print and neither Viz nor Corus Entertainment/eOne (or TMS Entertainment, for that matter) seem to be interested in putting the series up to watch legally anywhere. Again, if there's a legal way to obtain the episodes that's not ridiculously convoluted or it isn't long out-of-print, I'll edit the link out of this post.

I don't see any from searching various sites - You can get the original book on amazon.

• Locked thread