Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just a quick comment, I think this is the best avatar in this subforum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
x-post from the nfc east thread, the eagles injury situation has been absolutely ridiculous this year. it makes last year's team look like the healthiest in football.

quote:

DEFENSE:

S Maragos
S McLeod
S/CB Maddox probably out for some time, now.
S Graham missed multiple games
CB Darby
CB Douglas (injured yesterday)
CB Mills
CB Jones (for a bunch of games, played through an injury last night)
LB Grugier-Hill has played with a club
LB Gerry missed multiple games
LB Hicks (injured yesterday)
DT Jernigan
DT Ngata was out for multiple games
DE Barnett out for season. Had hernia surgery in offseason.////

OFFENSE:

OT Peters playing through multiple injuries. Can't extend arm with brace.
OT Johnson playing through multiple injuries and missed time. High ankle sprain, MCL.
C Kelce has been playing hurt. Also hurt his elbow yesterday
WR Wallace
WR Hollins
WR Jeffery (missed start of season)
QB Wentz (missed start of season, no training camp)
RB Sproles
RB Ajayi
RB Clement missed time
LS Lovato (head injury yesterday)

And I limited the list to players who were expected to contribute. If you go to the 2nd and 3rd string guys on defense it gets even worse.

axeil fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 19, 2018

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

waah posted:

So are you ready for peak Russell Wilson bullshit?

my body is ready

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Mariota had a neck stinger against the Colts, and did not reinjure his elbow. So that's good news at least.

Also Dean Pees appears to be alright, they're expecting him back at the facility in the next few days.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Mariota had a neck stinger against the Colts, and did not reinjure his elbow. So that's good news at least.

Also Dean Pees appears to be alright, they're expecting him back at the facility in the next few days.

Can't win them all.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

waah posted:

So are you ready for peak Russell Wilson bullshit?

That phrase should be retired. He's just good.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1064584272303017984

:yeshaha:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

^^^ lmao

Here's Ben Baldwin breaking down a bunch of footage showing it's as much Rodgers fault for the Packers struggles, and it's not just the game passing McCarthy by:

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1064552078146772994

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Buttfumble 2 lives!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mark Sanchez will be horrible in every game except games against the Eagles.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Somewhere Kaepernick laughs.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ben Nevis posted:

Can't win them all.

If you're talking about Pees, he's done a decent job this year? I know a lot of Ravens fans like to piss on him, but he's obviously not been the problem with this team. The Titans have a top 10 defense and were #1 overall in scoring until Sunday.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

^^^ lmao

Here's Ben Baldwin breaking down a bunch of footage showing it's as much Rodgers fault for the Packers struggles, and it's not just the game passing McCarthy by:

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1064552078146772994

This was one of his better games this year, mostly due to health. You can tell he's jittery as gently caress on account of how many hits he's taken this year accounting for some of his issues. The thread also includes a couple instances of screens / bubble screens, which McCarthy calls far too many of regardless of situation. Also doesn't really note how resistant McCarthy is to going to bunch or trips formations when those often do work, as the thread shows.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Congratulations to Kaep's lawyers, who will now be able to afford that home in Monaco they've been dreaming of since catching Fast Five in theaters.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Mark Sanchez is a fine backup.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Late to the party but I don't feel so bad about losing to the Saints by 1 anymore

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

Late to the party but I don't feel so bad about losing to the Saints by 1 anymore

We were up by 10 points in the 4th. And it started a 3-game losing streak that put us on the edge of playoff contention as opposed to being almost certainly in if we had won. It's one of the worst losses of the entire decade.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Saints.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

We were up by 10 points in the 4th. And it started a 3-game losing streak that put us on the edge of playoff contention as opposed to being almost certainly in if we had won. It's one of the worst losses of the entire decade.

:allears:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Our HC will probably be fired at the end of the season due to that loss. Our defense was top in the league before that game and now have fallen and are nowhere near as good. We haven't forced a single turnover since early on in that game. And our pass rush has fallen off a lot. Also if we had won that game our SB deal might not be in as much jeopardy. In fact I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the single worst non-divisional non-Redskins loss we have ever had. Before that I'd say it was the 2010 regular season loss to the Patriots that was the worst. But now it's this.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 19, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kawalimus posted:

Our HC will probably be fired at the end of the season due to that loss. Our defense was top in the league before that game and now have fallen and are nowhere near as good. We haven't forced a single turnover since early on in that game. And our pass rush has fallen off a lot. Also if we had won that game our SB deal might not be in as much jeopardy. In fact I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the single worst non-divisional non-Redskins loss we have ever had.

Are you a 12 year old girl irl?

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but why in the world are you attributing the following two losses to the one preceding them?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Blarfk posted:

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but why in the world are you attributing the following two losses to the one preceding them?

There's no way to really know if that first loss had anything to do with the next two. But during that Saints game the Ravens were their usual selves for the first three quarters. Then in the 4th quarter they fell apart defensively and weren't the same after. A lot of that was missing Humphrey. But it wasn't just that. There's no way to know for sure. But something happened there. We haven't forced a single turnover since that game.

There was the Cleveland loss. But that was divisional, we forced a turnover, and Crabtree just had a real bad game with drops that cost us. This was different.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Kawalimus posted:

There's no way to really know if that first loss had anything to do with the next two. But during that Saints game the Ravens were their usual selves for the first three quarters. Then in the 4th quarter they fell apart defensively and weren't the same after. A lot of that was missing Humphrey. But it wasn't just that. There's no way to know for sure. But something happened there. We haven't forced a single turnover since that game.

There was the Cleveland loss. But that was divisional, we forced a turnover, and Crabtree just had a real bad game with drops that cost us. This was different.

You should write a book.

Nov 6, 2002

Stop quoting Kawalimus.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

If you're talking about Pees, he's done a decent job this year? I know a lot of Ravens fans like to piss on him, but he's obviously not been the problem with this team. The Titans have a top 10 defense and were #1 overall in scoring until Sunday.

I'm more likely to attribute any good defensive scheming to Vrabel and any bad scheming to Pees, but that could just be my projections.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Let's get this thread on topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFez8OdD88

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The 2010 loss to the Patriots still might stay the worst one in the end. Winning that one game would have made us the #1 seed in the AFC and we would have likely gone on to the Superbowl. In the 2010 game we were up by 10 in the 4th quarter but lost in OT. Awful awful awful. I don't remember a lot about that game but I do remember being super annoyed that we didn't win it. The 2009 one was bad too, but we rectified that by going back there and smashing them out in the first round.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1064624447418757120?s=21

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So uh, why not bring back the two headed QB offense from 1949 where they alternated QBs every quarter

Nov 6, 2002

laf

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I'm excited for another six weeks of this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Being honest, the Ravens would have blown out the Saints if they had not failed to shake the demons of losing to the Bengals once again several weeks prior. Now they have successfully shaken it off and gotten that win out of the way, and will win the Super Bowl if they can get past Heroic Ben in the playoffs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mega64 posted:

I'm excited for another six weeks of this.

There's at least a small chance Jameis is better then their QB options for next year and could revitalize his career (very small).

There's no chance Fitzpatrick is that, so yeah, start Jameis and let him kill off that final spark.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Mark Sanchez to Redskins

the stars are aligning for another Thanksgiving Butt Fumble

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

It worked for the deck chairs on the titanic

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

There's at least a small chance Jameis is better then their QB options for next year and could revitalize his career (very small).

There's no chance Fitzpatrick is that, so yeah, start Jameis and let him kill off that final spark.

I really don't know what the point of starting Fitzmagic was, maybe I guess if they thought they had an outside shot at a wildcard - they didn't.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm surprised that Koetter hasn't been fired so they can see how Monken does as a head coach for a few games.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm surprised that Koetter hasn't been fired so they can see how Monken does as a head coach for a few games.

The Bucs are a funny franchise. Not only are they flip flopping QBs but a week after Koetter took over play calling from Monken he gave it back.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I really don't know what the point of starting Fitzmagic was, maybe I guess if they thought they had an outside shot at a wildcard - they didn't.

I dunno either. Someone in the NFCS thread posted an article that basically proved that Jameis and Fitz are the exact same qb.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

weird Asian candy posted:

The Bucs are a funny franchise. Not only are they flip flopping QBs but a week after Koetter took over play calling from Monken he gave it back.

I dunno either. Someone in the NFCS thread posted an article that basically proved that Jameis and Fitz are the exact same qb.

They basically are. Neither one is going to win you a game, but both will lose one.

But Fitz hasn't sexually assaulted anyone we've heard about, or stolen crab legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It was the worst non-divisional non-redskins non-denominational non-stick frying pan the Ravens ever cooked with