Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
BBC already going all in on Albon being 'british born'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Kube might just have Chinese sponsors

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Max will be too busy broken down by the side of the track or starting from the back with engine penalties to be crashing into Leclerc very often

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Honda: famously British

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidpoocati posted:

The Japanese are actually an industrious people who are quite good at building reliable cars unlike the British.

The same British who just won both world championships? Or is there another Britain?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidpoocati posted:

With the Austrian team principle and Austrian non executive director?

Neither of whom designed or built the car???

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
This is a dumb attempt at an argument even for this thread

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm not even sure you know what you're claiming not to be wrong about at this point.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Mercedes sidepods

But what nationality are they? And does that have a bearing on other sidepods of the same nationality?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidpoocati posted:

Dogs own, don’t believe the cat hype.

Wow I actually agree with you

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMymLt7NOTg

Lots of waffle in this video, but in summary: Alonso's wheel wouldn't have hit Leclerc without the halo, but it deflected the whole car enough that the front wing didn't knock his face off. Definitely prevented serious harm/death in the F2 accident. And aeroscreen would've been considerably less effective.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

One of the best lmaos of the F1 threads here

I'm surprised they didn't address what the halo might have done in Sophia's crash

They probably will, but they're taking their time doing full analyses of these incidents

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

England is a hellhole and should be banned from Grand Prix racing imo.

#ForzaFerrari

Literally the only chance of Ferrari winning a World Championship and even then Sauber would manage it or something

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

You're aware that's the past right? And the past is different to the future?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

The last years Austrian and Germans have dominated formula 1 while the plucky lads from Maranello are fighting against the racism from the Fia. British teams are very bad and soon enough all of them will be bought by russian petro dollars or arabian blood money. Very sad!

The last ten seasons have either been won by the team from Brackley or the team from Milton Keynes which I think are located in the UK? I could be wrong though.

Also Ferrari is literally bankrolled by Big Tobacco, there isn't much moral high ground to be had in the whole sport

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidpoocati posted:

Worth noting that the British team was so bad that even Honda couldn’t make them competitive. Quite damning for the British if you ask me.

And then as soon as Honda left Brawn GP won both championships

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, Alonso, the guy who made every wrong decision he could and then turned his stupid mistakes into an extremely toxic corrosive mix that just destroyed everyone around him before he went all corporate zen with his stupid bullshit kimoa poo poo buying a stake in mclaren to run the loving team like its his own and everyone knows zak brown was nothing more than his god drat puppet his kimoa branded arm so far up zak's rear end in a top hat he was playing him like the ocean breeze wafting across the sand of southern california beaches or whatever the gently caress his stupid kimoa lifestyle poo poo is about and all it did was generate even more bad decisions like ditching a works deal worth a fuckload a year and oops turned out we just had a really bad car and were just total assholes to honda for zero reason except there was a reason and that reason is because alonso is actually a loving rear end in a top hat micromanager with zero management sense oh he's great at managing an f1 car with its various diff settings engine mapping options brake balance ers kers whatever the gently caress else hybrid poo poo out but he thought he was s ofucking good at turning a knob that he'd treat everyone else like a loving knob except he's the biggest loving knob of them all smack dab in the old style steering wheels which selected the overall setting the steering wheel was in he's not G.O.A.T. he's literally a loving goat a loving tin can eating screaming meme of a man and wasted potential because flavio twisted his nipples way too hard early on and made him think he was a loving brilliant god of a man instead of just a really good driver gently caress him

Chills

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

Drone wars update: local couple arrested released without charge, whatever super secret equipment the Israeli army used when the drone was last seen seems to have work as the authorities have discovered it’s corpse.

Local couple released without charge but not before all the rags named and shamed them on the front pages

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Here's to another year of Ferrari not winning

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Actually Le Clerc is allowed to win a few races to make Vettel look poo poo

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Yeah it was really unclear if Vettel was #1 driver, that was the problem, sure

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

Unironically yes. He wasn’t bad at all. Instead you have absolute shithouses like Lance Stroll kicking out Esteban who could take the fight to Perez. Lmao Sergio is going to absolutely crush him

Almost thought you meant Esteban Gutierrez and had completely gone insane

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Zak literally hired the guy. He's recognised he's not up to the task and brought in someone who is, not sure what you want him to do

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Oh McLaren are hosed for sure. But I can't see exactly what Zak Brown has done wrong here.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
2019 is just more stabilisation for McLaren until Key comes in anyway. As much as it's fun to laugh at them right now they are making the changes they need to to improve longer term

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
No, but hiring someone who can do it to do it does.

Delegating things you can't do to qualified people is how good management is supposed to work

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Formula e continues to be a hilarious joke series.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I want to see Force Stroll be just successful enough that they have to consider dumping Lance for the good of the team

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
His dad owns the team. Lance owns jack poo poo

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

The chassis of the Ferrari 2019 was approved yesterday by the FIA. The Maranello team has passed the last crash tests at the CSI in Bollate yesterday in the presence of the technical delegate of the International Federation, Jo Bauer.

This would only be interesting if they'd failed the test. Can you update the thread on how clean the windows are at the factory next? Or what the current weather in Maranello is. Or what colour the new Ferrari will be.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Wow thanks for the update #ForzaFerrari

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Better at winning a World Championship, sure. But then he wasn't hamstrung by driving a Ferrari.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
DXC.technology was spun off HP enterprise, which was bits of EDS and Autonomy mashed together after HP bought them out and then did a series of very stupid things. I only know this because my dad finally quit when they created DXC.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Ferrari are really good

At not winning world championships when they have the best car

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's almost as if Alonso is quite a lot better at motor racing than most of his competitors

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

You Am I posted:

Chase: Is there anyone that I need to be weary of?

Bernie: Nope *drives off in a truck full of cash*

Except in reality he hung around begging to be allowed to be involved, dumbstruck that everyone actually always hated him and was happy he was gone

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Ericsson wasn't a bad driver, just a mediocre one taking up a seat. Whether Kimi is less of a waste of a seat than him in 2019 remains to be seen

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
They have definitely been pushing for manufacturers to be compelled to supply any customer team that requests it when the next set of engine rules come in. If they had confidence in Honda I don't think they would be...

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Brainwrong posted:

Is Racing Point the worst team name in years? I think it might be, I'm struggling to think of a worse name, apart from Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow, which is just laughable

Force India was pretty bad, we just got used to it. Toro Rosso remains an extremely dumb figleaf covering Red Bull cheating by having two teams. Virgin is just a weird brand in general. Are we counting BMW Sauber Ferrari? Because that was very silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It was my understanding that Racing Point is still a placeholder until they announce a title sponsor, so it's meaningless by design, but I guess time is running out for that and they'll just plaster the car with daddy Stroll's businesses.