Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Its only free practice because shes not hitting you back Max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

He owns. He's like a Fisichella or Trulli.

Does not compute

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Wierd that "well he wasnt terrible" seems to be an acceptable standard for f1 though. There genuinely are tiers of f1 drivers.

Tier 1 is Lewis, Kimi, Vettel, ricciardo, even max. Drivers who have shown theyre good at driving by being given an opportunity and taking it. For all the whining about "hurr they just got lucky and had the best car on the day“ they demonstrate frequently exactly why they got into that car and why they should stay there.

Then you have tier 2 drivers, hulkenbergs, bottas', ocons of the world world who have actual talent but not the consistency or the polish to show it. They get a chance to show what they can do and they gently caress it up and sadly thats all it takes to stop a career dead.

Then theres tier three or "nothing" drivers. These are guys that got in by the skin of their teeth or money or both. Basically what you get if you take the average person and give them the ability to drive as a profession. A life time of training and practice filling in the gaps caused by lack of talent. Are they some of the best drivers in the world? Yes sure. Is that good enough for f1? Nope. Noone should be surprised or upset when the revolving door these drivers live in rotates and dumps them out simultaneously bringing in a bunch of new ones. One of those new ones might be a tier2 or even tier1.

Love or hate a driver, in 5 seconds youll be able to mentally place them in one of those categories whether you like the answer or not.

Ericcson was tier3
E: so was Hartley

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

My 5 second tiers:

Tier 1: Stroll, Leclerc, Alonso
Tier 2: Vettel, Raikkonen
Tier 3: the rest.

See even people with critical brain damage can take part

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

A sony experia that cost like £150 because i have a functioning brain and refuse to waste money on pointless consumer objects.

I need that money for sim racing parts

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Hartley was too old for Markos tastes

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

Ok, enough of that bollocks.

I had a delightful package from the Empire this Christmas.

And, loving yes, that is exactly what you think it is

Thank you, you magnificent bastard. x

Wow he gave you his good tire? Proof that 1500 does love and care for his British cousins.

In other news MY PROBATION IS UP just in time to wish you all a Merry Christmas. May your terrible opinions about this fraudulent sport help ring in the New Year

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I will never leave x

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

a pizza tray is like £1.50 at Tescos there is no loving way it does anything less than an artisnal hipster Pizza Stone

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Do they have Costco in Theresa May's United Kingdom?

Like we don't suffer enough by having a Theresa May in Theresa May's United Kingdom

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

well 1500's beer reviews got dark pretty quickly

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont know what the gently caress you people are even talking about so i will post a very special picture of Michael Schumacher and Seb Vettel.

#keepfightingmichael #forzaferrari

Nice. A guy who stands a chance of winning the wdc next year.

And Vettel.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

considers this the height of culinary arts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fb2fKkueFE

which it is

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Yes you made good use of your opportunity to be a WDC by driving flat out into a wall in Dallas Martin

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

RIP theo. Hell of a post to go out on

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Its hard to think of a better pairing to be fair. The McLaren isnt exactly a prize but gosh darn it if Lando isnt going to let her down embarrassingly anyway

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/F1/status/1081172141100290048

A corporate twitter account made me laugh. Wtf i love capitalism now.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Note that Toxx doesn’t say F1 race so I’d say dan has already won the race to our hearts?

Not to mention the race to the bottom

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

It never gets old watching Ferrari Ferrari themselves. Missed the championship by a few points? Better COMPLETELY OVERHAUL THE ENTIRE COMPANY STRUCTURE leaving no trace or continuity from the old team. "Whats that we're 5th in the championship again? How did this happen?"

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Winslow more like wins low

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

In USA Ferrari was really great with the strategy why the gently caress they couldnt do the same the rest of the year?

Because it wasnt strategic brilliance it was a broken clock correctly showing half past pitlane

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah firing Vettel is a bit harsh hes more than capable of leading their eSports team when they get one

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 7, 2019

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

OhsH posted:

ban me if lance stroll doesnt out perform kubica

lmao jesus christ rip your account

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I want to get in on the bold predictions/:toxx:s but can we do it properly where instead of outright bans iospace gets to chose a toxx clause?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I can't state enough just how funny it is that Red Bull is hosed already. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team ahahaha.

Cue 8 months of Horner whining and saying its everyone elses fault and Marko threatening to quit to the shock and horror of noone at all, followed by an ignominious exit from the sport in 2 years taking maxs career with it.

:byewhore:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Why don't the FIA implement sensors to check for airflow in certain places instead of adding rules to the front wing that may or may not be circumvented?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Which out of Palmer and Stroll is purportedly the decently fast one?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zak still there Mclaren still hosed

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Zak literally hired the guy. He's recognised he's not up to the task and brought in someone who is, not sure what you want him to do

[ ] Zak Brown seems like a good leader capable of rational self reflection and dispassionate decision making

[X] McLaren are hosed

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Who?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

See also https://twitch.tv/mrgit/clip/QuaintJollyHareAllenHuhu

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lol Nelson Pissstreak Jr

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Breaking: forums poster Wirth1000 is Lawrence Stroll's son?????

Now you've painted the Lance Lovers ITT inti a really awkward corner

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ferrari are the strongest brand in the world, op.

Being branded as a Ferrari fan is a pretty strong punishnent i agree with you there

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Nevertheless

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So they've developed a good car and then filled it with noted binmen Sainz and Norris.

Still an own goal by Hack Clown

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Hi The engine, The aereo and DoctorGonzo

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Italian media is reporting that Mick Schumacher will be Ferrari test driver for 2019.

The age of the pilots is dropping considerably and i wish a team would put Tati Calderón in a car

Didnt they literally just give that position to wherlein? Sp

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Look at this baller mother fucker. 6x WDC #2019 #teamLH44 #forzalewis #megasafetycar

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/afzyqg/smooth_entrance/

The only way this could be cooler is if he hopped off onto the scooter he then rode past Vettel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

GramCracker posted:

I heard they are calling it the "670" because that's the most number of laps it will be able to complete in the 2019 season before the team totally melts down

Its called the 670 because when you see it you turn 670 degrees and walk away lmao