Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I'm pretty new to F1, so recently I picked up "How To Build A Car" by Adrian Newey as part of trying to learn about the history of the sport. I've learned 3 things:

• The FIA are bastards (especially during Max's reign)
  • Ferrari are bastards (possibly related to #1)
  • The 2005 US Grand Prix is extremely hilarious and I can't believe I had never heard about it

is this list correct, and what else do I need to know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I'm a big fan of Formula E adding the F-Zero recharge strip, maybe we'll get a red shell next year too 🙃 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WwoOFSfOug

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Felt like the cars didn’t really get a chance to stretch out. Possibly due to more drivers and a shorter race. Are all the Formula E tracks this cramped?

The graphics (when they used them) were interesting, and the driver with the Attack Zone miss costing a position was pretty great.

lol thanks for grabbing this, so good

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

The Kimoa Kid posted:

You can't be canonized until you're dead

eh close enough

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Since I'm a F1 Thread newbie, I figure I better fit in and put in my own toxx for the upcoming season.

:toxx: Leclerc will finish with more WDC points than Vettel in 2019.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

1500quidpoocati posted:

I was going to google Akina speed stars but then my better judgement took hold and I realized this probably is anime someone please confirm.

extremely anime

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

track day bro! posted:

Im sure the epic techjournalist shill guy will correct me but I lol at all the stockholm syndrom ppl who list a myriad of problems with their brand new $80,000 car, but end the post with 'but I still love the car tho!'

"my car spontaneously burst into flame, A++++++ would buy again"

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Has anyone been able to actually watch Formula E in the US? The FE website says it’s on Fox Sports 2 today, but my schedule only has college basketball. And then of course it’s region-locked on YouTube, even on replay. Great stuff.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Glad I found a stream, drat the Nissans completely miscalculated and dropped from 3&4th to out of the points because they ran out of battery! And what a great finish

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Daytona 500: If you're not first, you're crashed

Important exception for Vettel: If you're first, you're crashed

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://www.racefans.net/2019/02/23/i-dont-want-to-be-in-that-situation-again-bottas-vows-to-come-back-fighting-in-2019/

Race Fans posted:

Having taken time during the off-season to rest, cultivate a beard and drive a World Rally Car, Bottas believes he’s put distance between himself and the bitter end to last season.

He did the racing equivalent of moving to the forest to find himself

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://www.racefans.net/2019/03/03/ferrari-quietly-drops-mission-winnow-from-team-name/

mission accomplished

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Hong Kong ePrix is starting soon, and it poured during qualifying so the race should be good and chaotic. Also Vandoorne earned pole!?

Edit: And Red Flag because of too much bumper cars. Boo.

Edit two: Another absurd finish after a mostly calm race after the restart; this time with Sam Bird trying to get past Lotterer for most of the second half; ends up puncturing Lotterer’s tear tire with the car nose on the second to last lap and takes the checkered flag, but I bet he gets a penalty for it and drops way back.

Also Vandoorne had a mechanical problem and dropped from 4th to DNF.

Nybble fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 10, 2019

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Tony Stewart joking about “what’s the worst that could happen” in the Netflix documentary seems bad!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Thanks Ants posted:

Bold Prediction - Sharrrrl finishes ahead of Vettel

:hfive: