Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Who's pumped for F1 season 2019?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Kubica will single handedly win a race.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That's a good post and that thing looks delicious

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I only buy smartphones where I need a ladder to see how far away I am from the store in the queue on release day

posting from an iphone x. I'm sure ron dennis also uses one.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

​ʃaʁl ləklɛʁ driving the sf71h today, really nice picture

One of the best looking Ferraris in recent years.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I also really like those sidepods.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I have two #refuelcaterham shirts, and I love them

Yeah, I also sent them money for that last race. haha....

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

If Ferrari doesnt win im going to kill myself like that weird Björk dude :toxx:

Schumacher tried, and failed. So don't do it, Gonzo.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Powershift posted:

yeah it is

it's the same base, but a different model

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Powershift posted:

It's just mailbu stacy with a new hat

Isn't that what I just said?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

she's dead, though, kinda like the WDC dreams of Ferrari

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

this one passed on quite a long time ago....similar to Alonso's hopes and dreams

e: spelling

tuo fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 4, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This one's rather alive, though, allthough I never asked for it. But still care for it and she kinda likes it:

tuo fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 4, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Can't find a picture of my actually cool and good catte, and he ain't around at the moment. Guess I'm bad at things...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Khablam posted:

RIP very mediocre kitties.

They pushed each other like Verstappen did with Ocon. Think about that.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Brainwrong posted:

Listen up nerds. I am moving house in the new year and fancy some nice F1 related posters for the new man-cave. Anyone know of any places online that might be able to tempt me to buy?

Either posters of a life size cut-out of Max that I can use for frottaging

used Caterham F1 pieces are the best for that, imo.

Maybe even Marussia, someone scored a nearly complete 1:4 wind tunnel model of an unreleased car of theirs in an auction.

Apart from that: look around for race suits of drivers....they make a pretty cool wall decoration for F1 man caves

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Also, maybe you can trap Khablam in that man-cave. Then you have a life-sized F1 poster (a bad one, but it's a start).

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So they put Leclerc in it?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Gigi Galli posted:

I was also thinking this

You are a good person, who thinks well

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That Formula E race was quite entertaining.

I really like the idea about having different emotions for driver graphics. They should do this for F1. With Vettel bashing his steering wheel when either he or the Ferrari pit wall fucks up, and Kimi having exactly the same animation irregardless of what currently happens at Sauber.

I have to retract my initial opinion about the Gen2 FE cars, though. I thought they look rather cool and quite fitting for a series that is tailored at a younger audience, but in the race, they somehow all looked pretty bulky somehow. Irregardless, it'll bridge the gap until the pinnacle of motorsport starts again in 2019, MotoGP. And F1.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Also Hamilton should always have the dancing gif, because he knows he'll win the WDC anyway.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Kimoa Kid posted:

If you have a Switch or a PC you should buy Gris, it is [one of] the most spectacular video game[s] I have ever played.

this

tuo fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 15, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wirth1000 posted:

Somebody do the Formula E emotional reaction videos with Bianchi's crash, thanks.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

that's a good catte. Take good care of Mango, it'll love you (in a cat's way, but still). Cats are awesome.

I want Jaguar back on the grid. They had the best shade of green. Someone remind me, who is Jaguar now??? IIRC Renault?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Cactrot posted:

Red Bull

Thank you, friend

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

First race I watched as a kid (fully, on my own) was when Senna died. Might be the reason why I never became the same big fan of M. Schumacher as everyone around here, because I wanted to see what all that hype was about, but instead saw someone die in a race (confirmed about half an hour after the incident, IIRC).

e: actually just rechecked the events on wikipedia. obviously his death was confirmed later, but I remember how I sat in front of the TV that day, checking the "news" that came rolling in.

tuo fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 18, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

Pre season testing will be shown on F1 tv

nice

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

They didn't get Hirscher, they won't get a much faster plane

https://zippy.gfycat.com/KindheartedBlankCougar.webm

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

You're aware that's the past right? And the past is different to the future?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Pablo Bluth posted:

The greatest ever road car is British - the McLaren F1.

Yes, because it has the engine that was supposed to power the BMW M8.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Happy holydays to all of you, I'm super stoked for the 2019 season of the pinnacle of motorsport!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'm confused. Do I prepare the sausage for a completo in a cast iron pan or get it from a costco?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

iospace posted:

Get it from Costco, then fry it in a cast iron pan.

okay....what if I don't have a costco around, and don't like Lidl. Aldi should do it, I guess?

Also my cast iron pan is rusty because I didn't treat it right, so I guess I'll use the sausage to reseason it. This is similar to how Williams nowadays iterates on their F1 cars, I assume....

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Q_res posted:

Aren't they also simplifying the front wing by mandating a lot fewer cascading elements. Trying to make the air coming off the cars less turbulent to reduce the effect of 'dirty air'?

yes, and also reduce the vortex generators on the inner wing tips, towards the 250 area. I can only assume it won't work. They also try to make the wing/aero less reliant on clean air with a wider front wing and by regulating the endplates of the front wing, so turbulent air from the car in front should no longer influence the front wing leading air around the front tyre as much, thus making it easier to have a steady airflow around the front tyre, as an outer wall sealing off the underfloor, even behind another car.

With current wings, the sealing of the underfloor from the front wing relies on the vortex generators on the inner wing tips as well as the cutouts on the wing endplates (to manage pressure difference), plus the massive flow conditioners close to the endplates (the little "tunnels"). Most of these elements are reliant on clean air, and start to have problems if they run in dirty air, especially since the hosed up million winglet barge board area behind it relies a lot on them. There's also the blown front axles that help, if the car is designed for it.

Of course, teams will now recreate most of what they had little bit further back...

tuo fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Dec 30, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Question is if Ferrari will run blown WCC dreams a third time in a row with their car. Barcelona can't come soon enough.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

dana white said if jones pops for steroids again he is going to kill himself
if ferrari ferraris the wdc a third year in a row im going to do the same

don't kill yourself, Gonzo.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

jazzyhattrick posted:

If they really want to solve the dirty air problem they should ban front and rear wings and make ground effects and movable areodynamic devices.

Fan cars for everybody!

Apart from the movable aero part, that's basically what Rosberg suggested couple weeks ago to fix F1 (simple front/rear wings, re-introduce massive ground effect with skirts).

But hey, F1 just removed the rim covers from the 2021 agenda with a very, very solid reason: "yeah, it might clean up the airflow around the wheel and reduce dirty air effect, but you can't see the glowing brake discs, and people, TV and photographers love them, so gently caress that poo poo". :psyduck:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Minto Took posted:

Doing things occasionally for the show is a good thing even if it slightly defeats the purpose of a larger goal. How much time were wheel covers worth, btw?

And yes, simple aero with ground effects, please.

I agree, but it was still surprised they'd say it that way, instead of dropping it silently. When I went to this years DTM opening race, I saw two last year cars standing in the showroom area, with the inside of the wheels covered. There was a Audi guy standing there, keeping people from touching the cars, so I asked him if that is a new part that Audi puts on the cars this year to streamline the airflow. He was supercool and told me that, yes, this was a new piece, but actually a piece that every car now has, because it was one of the new standard pieces, to even out aero between the manufactures and reduce the cost of aero development around that area. This year was also the first year that DTM had a night race....with no visibly glowing brake disks due to that part.

What I'm trying to say: I find it funny that in an interview in regard of making F1 faster/better/easier-to-overtake, someone - in this completely controlled PR thing - is allowed to say "yeah, we drop the thing that is on the agenda to make overtaking more easy because it looks poo poo on camera".

They should simply add more magnesium skip plates, imo. It's so simple....

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

POST YOUR FAVORITE 80s song ITT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3cbKEwGxRk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbSqhNCo_ik

e: I actually wanted to pick Deine Lakaien, but realised that was 91

tuo fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Dec 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

freeranger posted:

Happy new year worst thread.

Pretend I linked to Cory Hart - Sunglasses at Night for awesome 80s song.

I wish everyone itt a pretty awesome 2019. It'll be better than 2018.