Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

In all honesty it was probably the second worst car on the grid by the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Residency Evil posted:

I seem to remember there being 2 or 3 non-poo poo races this season, but now I can't recall if that's true.

What a poo poo season.

It was a pretty good season.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Albon will replace Hartley.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Lol yeah the AOWR fatalities/injuries make the F1 guys look like saints in comparison. It’s also a consequence of the tracks they race in though.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Theophany posted:

If that doesn't stir a fire in your loins then you're somehow more dead from the neck down AND neck up than Sir Frank Williams.

Reminder that this thing beat the Quattro without even being AWD. Mid-Engine supremacy wins yet again.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Quattro is overrated, just like Lance Stroll.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Midship>Front Engine any day.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Gigi Galli posted:

The evo wasn't as good of a rally car even when big Gigi was driving it!!!

Now consumer car, phwoar.

It was. But the Celica GT4 remains the best Japanese rally car.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Watching Austria ‘83. Jarier is braindead. Hell even Murray tore into him.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Tire test results: inconclusive.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Kimoa Kid posted:

2014, it gave them an illegally low ride height.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

CratSock posted:

Because he was completely forgettable. The Stoff of his time. But he'll still beat Stroll, no question about it. Maybe once a mediocre driver like Checo puts Stroll in his place (in the team his daddy owns) we can finally agree that he's poo poo.

Perez has matured into a decent driver.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

CratSock posted:

He's OK, but still nothing special. Like he manages to keep the drama to a minimum, but he doesn't really seem do punch above his weight. Pretty standard mid-packer I'd say. I would definitely rate him higher than a lot of the others though (Grosjean, Stroll, Kvyyat, etc.)

edit: your assessment of "decent driver" is pretty spot on.

His Singapore race was a good example of why he will never go beyond the midfield though.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s actually shocking that Sirotkin outqualified Stroll. Stroll was the least impressive driver this year IMO.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Reddit.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

1500quidpoocati posted:

what exactly is 4chan's demographic? It was funny for like 6 months when I was 13 I can't imagine how low the emotional intelligence of someone who finds any value in that site past that amount of time is.

People that like Hentai and Anime, white nationalists.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I bought a Toyota 86.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I hate Reddit and White Nationalists are fags and extremely impotent. Like the far right used to be about blowing up train stations and collaborating with the CIA for military coups. Now it’s about sending pictures of bananas to black people on Twitter.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It looks rad.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
You didn’t post the XJS? For shame.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I don’t think the Mazdaspeed 3 is viable.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The new Corolla hatch looks promising

It’s nice. I sat in one at the dealer.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Of the warm hatches it’s the nicest. Has a solid interior, looks good. Toyota seems to want to make funish cars again.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

1500quidpoocati posted:

I'm consistently astonded by how Mazda can make cars I loving hate but engines I loving love but under deliver on them.

Mazda makes 3 kinds of engines;

1. Weird-rear end temperamental but cool poo poo like the Miller Cycle, MZR Turbos, and obviously the Wankel.
2. Gutless lousier versions of Toyota engines that are reliable (most of their other motors).
3. Totally pointless (1.8L V6 that makes 5 more hp than a 1.6L Honda)

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Bottas is in the Panic Zone.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The A class has been on sale for several years?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

It’s almost like I linked the MBUSA site

The CLA man. It’s been on sale in Canada for like 5 years.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
They should have called it Force F1 and been done with it.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I’ll never understand the obsession with Trans people and identity from the political right.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Racing Point will change its name again.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I read a hilarious article today about how Ford and GM are ending small car production because no one is buying them, but strangely the Japanese manufacturers are not having this problem.

It turns out when you consistently build crap for 25 years people get turned off, even if the Cruze/Focus are good cars now.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

DoctorGonzo posted:

wrong, bitch

Nice.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tuo posted:

this one passed on quite a long time ago....similar to Alonso's hopes and dreams

e: spelling

Cool guy.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Nybble posted:

I'm pretty new to F1, so recently I picked up "How To Build A Car" by Adrian Newey as part of trying to learn about the history of the sport. I've learned 3 things:

• The FIA are bastards (especially during Max's reign)
  • Ferrari are bastards (possibly related to #1)
  • The 2005 US Grand Prix is extremely hilarious and I can't believe I had never heard about it

is this list correct, and what else do I need to know?

During the 1982 Formula 1 season every single car on the grid was illegal. It was quite funny.

Also, if you think Mosley was bad Balestre was even worse.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Khablam posted:

NGL I emailed Pirelli and asked them if they'd thought of a needlessly complex stepped approach yet, using one name, a letter and a number. Three ladders, if you will, with one stationary and two moving in relation to the ground.
They replied and said it met neither the needs of clarity or simplicity, and offered me a job.

I like the new naming scheme Pirelli has for their tires.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I have advanced brain poisoning and I now like the Winfield Williams.
Wi

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Gigi Galli posted:

Also I think Toro Rosso are registered as an Italian team though they are obviously owned by Red Bull.

They are. They are based in Faeneza and are Minardi technically.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Cosplayto.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Good article on Autosport pining for the return of minnow teams. I fully agree with that. The same article also calls Roberto Moreno’s qualifying effort in Monaco 1992 one of the greatest performances ever. I also agree. If F1 had lifetime achievement awards Moreno should win one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Monza maybe altered to make it faster.