Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Tired of voting for the same old, boring, do-nothing two parties? Feel like your vote doesn't matter? Still think Ralph Nader got a bad rap? Interested in making deranged and threatening declarations to your normie friends that you intend to vote for an outsider? You're not alone -- millions of Americans feel the same way as you! Fortunately, as the 2020 election season begins, third party candidates are gearing up as well. Haters and losers may call them "crazy" or "fringe whackjobs," but are they really so bonkers?

Here's a fact: More than 60 million Americans voted for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump in 2016. It's hard to believe so many people would come up so short in the brains department, but it's true. So who's really bonkers? It's my assertion that third party candidates often have a far more sensible and reasonable view of the world, or they're totally batshit. Anyways, Trump also toyed with a third party at one point -- so a third-party candidate could become president one day. You never know. Some say voting third party is like throwing your vote away; I like to think of third-party voters as being ahead of the curve.

So with that in mind, let us begin with:

quote:

:siren: MORE TO COME: :siren:

THE PARTIES

Party: Libertarian Party
Headquarters: Alexandria, VA
Founded: 1971
Colors: Gold
Convention: May 23, 2020. Austin, TX
What to know: The Libertarian Party stands for a bold leap into a Snow Crash future of balkanized, killbot-patrolled enclaves where age of consent laws don't exist and where the anxious petit-bourgeoisie of today can be the neo-feudal lords of tomorrow. Ideological influences include Ayn Rand, Murray Rothbard, Ludwig von Mises, Ron Paul and the villain from BioShock. Advisory to non-Americans: If you ever by chance encounter American libertarians in your country, immediately report them to the police.

In 2016, the Libertarian Party nominated former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, who received 3.28% of the vote (4.48 million votes) which was the best-ever result for a libertarian presidential candidate in American history (incidentally, surpassing Ralph Nader's result with the Green Party in 2000) -- and perhaps indicative of the broader cutthroat, right-wing economic drift in American society. On the plus side, they favor legalizing drugs of all kinds, which is a very sensible position because if I'm going to live in Snow Crash I will want to be high as poo poo. Their members also have a tendency to strip to their bare rear end and dance on stage at their conventions, which is greatly divisive within the broader Libertarian Party.

One thing that's unclear is how the party will navigate 2020 with Johnson out of the picture, and with anecdotal stories of libertarians turning fash and pro-Trump. My prediction is that the LP will probably lose votes in 2020 relative to 2016.

Declared Candidates:

• Name: Sam Seder
  • Home State: New York
  • Key Issues: Feuding with the IDW
  • Quote: "If you decide to let this guy [Mike Cernovich] be the arbiter of what is and is not appropriate, understand who he is."
  • Takeaway: Is not a libertarian at all and announced he's running a satirical campaign in the Libertarian Party primary because he hates libertarians. Polling in first place.

• Name: John McAfee
  • Home State: Tennessee
  • Key Issues: Cryptocoins
  • Quote: "When I predicted Bitcoin at $500,000 by the end of 2020, it used a model that predicted $5,000 at the end of 2017. BTC has accelerated much faster than my model assumptions. I now predict Bircoin at $1 million by the end of 2020. I will still eat my dick if wrong."
  • Takeaway: Will probably win actually

• Name: Adam Kokesh
  • Home State: Arizona
  • Occupation: Activist starting in the anti-war movement (to his credit), former RT host
  • Key Issues: Dissolving the government, anti-interventionism
  • Quote: "The American Revolutionary Army will march on each state capital to demand that the governors of these 50 states immediately initiate the process of an orderly dissolution of the federal government through secession and reclamation of federally held property."
  • Takeaway: He was an anti-war activist during the Bush years which scores bonus points in my book. He's had some drug arrest issues but this may be an asset for the Libertarians

• Name: Vermin Supreme
  • Home State: Kansas (?) (Who knows?)
  • Key Issues: Free ponies, mandatory tooth brush laws, time travel research to travel back in time to kill baby Hitler
  • Quote: "gently caress it, I got no reason anybody should support me. I got no loving reason. They like me or they don't. I don't care."
  • Website: (old) https://verminsupreme2016.wordpress.com/about/
  • Takeaway: Says he's running as a Libertarian this year it seems. I ran into him once on the street in Austin; he was pretty visible because of the giant boot on his head. Anyways, he was a nice fellow and likely the sanest actual person running for president in 2020, though I would never vote for him

• Name: Zoltan Istvan
  • Home State: California
  • Occupation: Writer and transhumanist advocate, made a lot of money in real estate
  • Key Issues: Transhumanism, universal basic income, human life extension and space exploration
  • Quote: "(1) A transhumanist must safeguard one's own existence above all else. (2) A transhumanist must strive to achieve omnipotence as expediently as possible—so long as one's actions do not conflict with the First Law. (3) A transhumanist must safeguard value in the universe—so long as one's actions do not conflict with the First and Second Laws."
  • Takeaway: Like a character from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Playboy wrote of him that "When we're all glowing, immortal orbs, we'll probably have Zoltan Istvan to thank." We could also turn into Terminator food but no visionary ever made it without taking risks

• Name: Kim Ruff
  • Home State: Arizona
  • Occupation: Operations director at a plastic and metal fabrication plant
  • Key Issues: Orthodox libertarianism
  • Quote: "As a long-time Libertarian, I believe freedom is the answer and I will fight – via dance-offs – the concentrated power structure to return it where it belongs: in the hands – and sometimes feet – of the people.”
  • Takeaway: Libertarian candidate for the Arizona State Mine Inspector in 2018, which is a position I did not know exists, but it do. She was part of the Libertarian Party's "Radical Caucus." True ancap ideologue. Doubt she'll win the nom but she may have some sway within the party I dunno

• Name: Arvin Vohra
  • Home State: Maryland
  • Occupation: Former Libertarian Party vice chair. Owns a tutoring company that practices the college-prep "Vohra Method"
  • Key Issues: Abolishing public schools, lowering age of consent laws
  • Quote: "Bad Idea: School Shootings. Good Idea: School Board Shootings." / "Listen guys, rapists are good people who sometimes do things we may individually disagree with." / "Only parents, not the government should say when a child is ready for sex." [THESE ARE ACTUAL QUOTES]
  • Takeaway: :pedo:

• Name: Ben Leder
  • Home State: Texas
  • Key Issues: Wants to use his campaign as a platform to encourage libertarians to run in local city council races
  • Quote: "Bill Weld sold out to Hillary Clinton in 2016, we don't need a repeat of that.."
  • Takeaway: :shrug:

• Name: Joey Berry
  • Home State: North Carolina
  • Occupation: Shipping and receiving, retail, office management, and HVAC and boiler contracting
  • Key Issues: Gun rights, teach kids "reality" so they don't shoot up schools, "root out bad judges" and create a hybrid healthcare system with a critical care safety net
  • Quote: After taking a political quiz: "My 'I side with' results somewhat surprised me. They label me Centrist rather than Libertarian when practically every issue that I consider is weighed for its impact on individual rights."
  • Website: Website still says 2016 but his Twitter says 2020 so I'm assuming he's running: http://www.joeyberry2016.com
  • Takeaway: Could be worse

• Name: Dan "Taxation Is Theft" Behrman
  • Home State: Texas
  • Key Issues: Legalizing weed and pineapple pizza
  • Quote: "Pineapple is just plant, and nobody has ever overdosed on pineapple"
  • Takeaway: Will probably sell a lot of hats with "Taxation Is Theft" written on them.

• Name: Souraya Faas
  • Home State: Florida
  • Key Issues: Support for the Lion of Syria
  • Quote: "“All those [chemical weapons] attacks are staged by the White Helmets.”
  • Takeaway: Popped up on RT a few times. Posed with Juan Guaido's wife in a March 2019 photograph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CdYdzoBaXM
  • Name: Joseph Maldonado aka "Joe Exotic"
  • Home State: Oklahoma
  • Occupation: Operator of the Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park about 65 miles south of Oklahoma City
  • Key Issues: Pro-choice, pro-LGBT rights, pro-gun
  • Quote: "I am gay. I’ve had two boyfriends most of my life. I currently got legally married ― thank God it’s finally legal in America. I’ve had some kinky sex. I’ve tried drugs through the younger years of my life. I’m broke as poo poo."
  • Takeaway: A long shot. Previously ran for OK governor. Has 60,000 subscribers on YouTube. Filed to run for the Libertarian nod in January 2017 but was recently arrested by U.S. Marshals for an alleged murder-for-hire plot targeting another animal rescue operator

Party: Prohibition Party
Headquarters: Needemore, PA
Founded: 1869
Colors: Red, white, blue; purple
Convention: Nov. 13, 2018. Telephone
What to know: You know, it's funny. The Prohibition Party is the oldest third party in America and was a political force at one point, helping push the 18th Amendment in 1919 and electing a congressman from California and a governor of Florida (the vehemently anti-Catholic and anti-black racist Sidney Catts: 1917-1921). The party's best result in a presidential election was in 1892, where they secured 2.2% of the vote with candidate John Bidwell, a California settler. The party was also tied up with the women's suffrage movement.

The party is practically name-only now, reaching an all-time low of 208 votes in 2000, although they pulled in more than 5,000 votes in 2016, the best result for the party since 1988. Their 2016 candidate was long-time party loyalist James Hodges -- who formerly served as Tax Assessor in Thompson County, Pennsylvania (the only Prohibition politician to hold elected office this century).

Anyways -- banning hooch, cigarettes, other drugs, gambling and generally ruining everyone's fun is the Prohibition Party's signature issue. Otherwise the party's 2020 platform reads like a standard ultra-reactionary paleoconservative bucket list, favoring protectionism, isolationism, ending the Fed, supporting gun rights and putting Jesus back in the schools. Animal rights is another plank -- which might be a reflection of the influence of Seventh-Day Adventism (wild guess here) on the party. Though it's hard to see much progress for the party with competition from drug-legalizing libertarians, though it has attempted to build an alliance with the American Solidarity Party -- which models itself after European Christian Democrats.

Nominees:

President:

• Name: C.L. Gammon
  • Home State: Tennessee
  • Key Issues: Party-building
  • Quote: "[Long-time party chief Earl F. Dodge] didn't want to do anything in regards to party building. Yet, he guarded his power within the party greedily. Long-time Prohibition Party activist, Jim Hedges said to me that Dodge wasn't running a political organization, he was playing solitaire. That just about summed it up."
  • Takeaway: Dishes a lot on Prohibition Party drama in his free ebook, "Here I Stand: The Prohibition Nominee for Vice President Speaks." Also the author of "Was Lucille Ball a Communist?" (Fact check: True)

Vice President:

• Name: Phil Collins
  • Home State: Nevada
  • Key Issues: Cutting spending on the homeless
  • Quote: "The city [of Las Vegas] paid a company to help the homeless.In October of 2018, the city paid that company $48,500 to exit the contract. No one should paid to not work because that was a waste of taxpayer money. If Phil was mayor and the contract ended, that money would have been used for important government functions."
  • Takeaway: I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord

Party: American Free Soil Party
Headquarters: Millersburg, IN
Founded: 1848 ... but this more recent one was founded in 2018
Colors: Black and white (as far as I can tell)
Convention: Feb. 16, 2019. Telephone
What to know: The original Free Soil Party was a single-issue anti-slavery party that existed in the late 1840s and early 1850s, led by Martin Van Buren but dissolved after the Compromise of 1850. The party's famous slogan went: "Free Soil, Free Speech, Free Labor, and Free Men." They were the good guys and were something of a proto-Republican Party.

This latest version appears to be a split from the Prohibition Party, started by Rev. Jimmy Clifton of Indiana -- an apparent member of a losing faction of an internal struggle within that party. The American Free Soil Party website states that Clifton founded the party with "a coalition of third-party members concerned about racist elements within those parties."

The American Free Soil Party also appears to be a Lutheran organization that is progressive and conservative at the same time. Anti-abortion, anti-capital punishment, and fairly pro-immigration, pro-social safety nets and pro-LGBT. I don't think it's going anywhere though as the American Solidarity Party seems to be filling its lane and with more support.

Nominees:

President:

• Name: Adam Seaman
  • Home State: Massachusetts
  • Key Issues: Party-building
  • Quote: "The American Free Soil Party condemns the brutal murder of New Zealand Muslims by a right-winged racist extremist. We urge people everywhere to treat one another the way they want and to avoid extremist politics and focus on ways to help bring us all together."
  • Takeaway: Seems like his heart is in the right place.

Vice President:

• Name: Enrique Ramos
  • Home State: Puerto Rico
  • Key Issues:
  • Quote:
  • Takeaway: First VP candidate from Puerto Rico?

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 03:49 on May 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this is gonna go on for awhile so i can add more parties and their candidates as they come in to the OP (some have already filed! stay tuned!). just wanted to get the libertarians mostly out of the way first since they're the biggest of the minor factions

also gonna use this post as a placeholder for the left-wing parties

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 08:00 on Nov 27, 2018

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jeb!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Joe Exotic is the real choice

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Prohibition Party next. They've already had their convention for 2020

That's how Prohibitionists roll. They're very productive since they cut out the hooch in the 1880s

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
where's the really tall dude with the skull face?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
prohibition party added, which introduced me to lucille balle's communist activism -- the party's VP nominee wrote a self-published book about it. there are also rival factions within the party (the far right is the dominant one)

https://twitter.com/Politics1com/status/1062798825000177665
https://twitter.com/Politics1com/status/1062800358592913408

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 07:48 on Nov 27, 2018

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?
Of course the Prohibition Party has a literal Gammon running for them

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
the real crime of bmd getting banned for a sec is that it put a hold on this thread

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this thread is a slow burner

i somehow missed this though:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1068193186441510913

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also here's something fun, the reborn American Free Soil Party:

https://www.americanfreesoilparty.org/free-soil-platform-2018

led by the rev. dr. jimmy clifton, a lutheran minister formerly of the prohibition and libertarian parties. the original party existed in the 1840s and 1850s as a single-issue anti-slavery party. the modern version is kind of a grab bag. like a mix of progressivism, socially conservative authoritarianism (in some areas) and libertarianism (!!!). doesn't seem like they have a presidential candidate for 2020 yet.

this might be a result of that rumored split within the prohibition party.

the 2018 platform includes

opposition to:

+ abortion
+ death penalty
+ diplomatic immunity
+ eminent domain
+ seat belt laws
+ drugs (except for medicinal cannabis)
+ leniency towards criminals

support for:

+ mixed social-welfare economy
+ homeschooling
+ same-sex marriage
+ gun control
+ immigration
+ minimum wage increases, expand healthcare and social security increases
+ anti-intervention with some exceptions

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 07:50 on Dec 19, 2018

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I met a guy at my last DSA event who was building his own vaguely leftist third party but I have no idea what the name is and theres no way I vote for that guy or anyone he nominates over PSL. Anyway it was cool that he gave enough of a poo poo to seriously organize for it though.

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

opposition to:

+ abortion
+ death penalty
+ diplomatic immunity
+ eminent domain
+ seat belt laws

support for:

+ homeschooling
+ same-sex marriage
+ gun control
+ immigration

this just reads like they were rolling a dice when deciding their stances on all these policies

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Catboy Autonomist posted:

this just reads like they were rolling a dice when deciding their stances on all these policies

I imagine a bunch of minor parties determining their policy planks by draft, like picking dodgeball teams.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Catboy Autonomist posted:

idk it fits vaguely libertarian christian

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Still voting straight ticket Harambe in 2020

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZITP93pqtdQ

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

is PSL gonna run someone constitutionally eligible this time around? honestly they should just go all the way and nominate an undocumented immigrant

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fallen Hamprince posted:

is PSL gonna run someone constitutionally eligible this time around? honestly they should just go all the way and nominate an undocumented immigrant
i did not know what you meant at first, then i looked it up and saw that the PSL's vice presidential candidate was only 30 years old in 2016

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

i did not know what you meant at first, then i looked it up and saw that the PSL's vice presidential candidate was only 30 years old in 2016

in 2012 PSL ran a presidential candidate who was 28 and a vice-presidential candidate who was not a natural born citizen and was 26

Lib_Crusher
Dec 6, 2018

also here's something fun, the reborn American Free Soil Party:

https://www.americanfreesoilparty.org/free-soil-platform-2018

led by the rev. dr. jimmy clifton, a lutheran minister formerly of the prohibition and libertarian parties. the original party existed in the 1840s and 1850s as a single-issue anti-slavery party. the modern version is kind of a grab bag. like a mix of progressivism, socially conservative authoritarianism (in some areas) and libertarianism (!!!). doesn't seem like they have a presidential candidate for 2020 yet.

this might be a result of that rumored split within the prohibition party.

opposition to:

+ abortion
+ death penalty
+ diplomatic immunity
+ eminent domain
+ seat belt laws

support for:

+ homeschooling
+ same-sex marriage
+ gun control
+ immigration

This is Radical Centrism

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fallen Hamprince posted:

in 2012 PSL ran a presidential candidate who was 28 and a vice-presidential candidate who was not a natural born citizen and was 26

is the issue of vice-presidents needing to be natural born citizens or otherwise meet the requirements for presidency a settled matter now?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Subjunctive posted:

is the issue of vice-presidents needing to be natural born citizens or otherwise meet the requirements for presidency a settled matter now?

never been tested in court that I’m aware of, but the twelfth amendment states

quote:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

which sounds pretty airtight to me

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh, huh. yeah, that seems clear. maybe the open question is around the Speaker? wonder why I have that in my head.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Subjunctive posted:

oh, huh. yeah, that seems clear. maybe the open question is around the Speaker? wonder why I have that in my head.

"Natural born citizen" has never been legally clarified, and there were a lot of articles about it at the height of the Birther conspiracy theory.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

there is however a legal consensus that at the very least, a ‘natural born citizen’ must be a US citizen from birth. it may or may not also require that said person be a citizen under jus soli, I.e. that they were born on US soil. the more restrictive interpretation would present a challenge had McCain been elected president, since the Panama Canal Zone was not legally considered US territory until being retroactively declared as such for citizenship purposes after he was born. lying ted would also be hosed because he was born in Canada, albeit to US citizen parents. the issue has never been tested though and it seems unlikely that the Supreme Court would unseat an elected President for it considering it would likely trigger a constitutional crisis

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Haha yes the supreme court would never interfere with a presidential election, how silly

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
just checking in that i haven't forgotten about this thread. a few new candidates.... some greens... but i will post about them in time.

the first communist party candidate filed this month as well. phil swift. red salute to comrade swift!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
looks like weld might be out of the libertarian party. mcafee train chugs onward.

there's also infighting within the constitution party, as the idaho branch has accused the party's leadership of governing akin to algerian president abdelaziz bouteflika

quote:

They’ll fit right in.

We cannot help but note on the international scene that Algeria’s ailing octogenarian President, the 82-year old Abdelaziz Bouteflika, after four consecutive five-year terms, will seek yet another. Why, and to what end, we do not hope to fathom. Some are just addicted to the raiment of power, perhaps.

Already in office, and theoretically in control for twenty years, Bouteflika just cannot seem to let go of what remains of his tight fist grasp. Bouteflika suffered a stroke way back in 2013 (over six years ago). Apparently, Algeria doesn’t exercise anything like the U.S.’s 25th Amendment…but we also note that neither does the national Constitution Party…or for that matter any of the other political parties…from the late Michigan Democrat Representative Dingle to the late Arizona Republican Senator McCain…to Supreme Court Justice Ginsberg.

That Algerian stroke, incidentally, has effectively kept the ailing Bouteflika out of public view, throughout the whole of his preceding five year term. Thus, back room boys seem to be operating the show. Someone has been. After all, it hasn’t been Bouteflika.

Ah well. Out of sight, out of mind. Whether Bouteflika’s fit to remain in the presidency of the gas-rich North African nation apparently has no standing. He’s “entitled” to what seems to be a permanent deferment of expectations that a national executive be capable, or at least cognizant and more or less breathing. In this, Bouteflika has some bosom buddies on this side of the pond…in the national Constitution Party.

CP-Idaho dares to suggests that the image projected by the national Constitution Party (with whom CP-Idaho is no longer affiliated) is epitomized by Algeria’s Bouteflika. You could not ask for a better. Unable to release his grasp on power, unfit because of his latent incapacity and unwilling to step aside…Bouteflika is the perfect face for the national CP. He more or less sums up the matter…namely “the same old”.

So how about it? Will the national CP replace their new stylized animal logo that they currently cheese around in their political advertisements with a handsome mugshot of Bouteflika instead? The national CP’s octogenarians would absoluteley fit right in that “cutting edge” social club of modernity, eh?

(And we do realize that this is all predicated upon whether New York’s Governor Andrew Cuomo will permit Bouteflika’s mug in the Empire State.)
http://www.cpidaho.org/archives/peas-in-a-pod-yer-joking-right

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

just checking in that i haven't forgotten about this thread. a few new candidates.... some greens... but i will post about them in time.

the first communist party candidate filed this month as well. phil swift. red salute to comrade swift!

give us the deets on our guy phil

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
only man running whos crazier and more retarded than trump is mcafee

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
mcafee just rolled up on some 3rd world yacht club and took over the bar

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

this thread is a slow burner

i somehow missed this though:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1068193186441510913

Gravel and Yang both owe McAfee for pioneering this strategy

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

I just know Sam Seder as Janeane Garofalo's cohost on the Majority Report back in 2004, when Air America existed, but apparently he's pulling a Mike Gravel and running for the Libertarian Party nominee

he also appears to be beating actual Libertarian candidates in last month's poll

quote:

Libertarian:
Sam Seder 42.74%
Adam Kokesh 33.97%
John McAfee 20.82%
Vermin Supreme 2.05%
Arvin Vohra 0.41%

Green:
Dario Hunter 66.47%
Ian Schlakman 25.75%
Sedinam Kinamo Christin Moyowasifza-Curry (name shortened to Sedinam M.-Curry) 7.78%

https://twitter.com/majorityfm/status/1108204615122722817

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Janeane Garofalo: Aubrey Plaza but 1990s.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This thread reminded me of this story about the Constitution party from 2016

http://www.mtv.com/news/2882533/god-and-country/

Super loving glad I don't live in Utah.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the libertarian debates are gonna be so lit

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1128715768718213120
https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1128712622323458050
https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1128713966467858433

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
hey it's been awhile. i'm going to move onto the greens soon since candidates have been announcing, but until then i added the free soil party (they nominated candidates), and added some more libertarian candidates including seder, a guy in a funny hat, and a pro-assad candidate.

also removed bill weld as he isn't running as a libertarian

also the prohibition party swapped candidates so i've added them (the VP's name and pic is worth checking out; it's like paul wall people's champ territory)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFpA7p7d-3I

also i can't be arsed to read up on this, but the (fascist) constitution party is in a state of absolute implosion following a recent meeting of the national committee in milwaukee. allegations of corruption, falsifying numbers to achieve a quorum, etc. is causing state parties to dissolve and disaffiliate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

The American Solidarity Party candidates thus far are all less entertaining than magician Mike Maturen