Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The performance seems to have been majorly improved to the point they let digital foundry in to test it running on everything from a i9 with a 1080ti to an i5 with a rx570 even testing load times on a laptop with a platter drive. DF were pretty impressed with how well it was running without even optimised drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Calaveron posted:

Two questions:
Why come I don't get a jetpack
Where does Rico get his swarthiness in this game

you don't need a jetpack when you can attach thrusters and balloons to a tank and make a flying tank

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I think that the nature of highlight videos and gameplay will lend itself more to a streamer/webm slow burn type of promotion like bread simulator or goat simulator. People see some streamer crashing a flying boat into a blimp and want to have a crack.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Inzombiac posted:

It has to be. None of the preview videos look near this bad.

I am noticing the prerendered cutscenes are ghastly but actual in game it looks like the digital foundry footage. What graphics card are you on, I'm running a rtx2070.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
There is something badly wrong with the LOD settings on consoles. Seems fine to me on PC tho

edit: Its really jarring going from 4k ultra gameplay to 1080x30 cutscenes then back. All the cutscenes look in engine so I have no idea why its not just doing the animation in engine.

Byolante fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 4, 2018

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
There is a bug with LOD scaling for sure

https://imgur.com/a/bGOHIjz

I just captured those, it seems to be loading bad textures close up and good textures far away?

thats the settings I am running

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Qmass posted:

If a game is blurry the first thing I would try is AA off. I dunno if I am alone but Modern AA techniques (post process I guess) are garbage IMO.

I am hoping DLSS will be good

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I have played about 4 hours now and i am having a lot of fun. All the tether attachments allow for very silly things like riding a giant gas ball into an enemy base then dropping it onto the main cannon or making a rocket chariot out of a shipping container and a gas silo.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TjyvTompa posted:

It has a bar that drains when you use it, this bar has to be fully filled for you to use it. If you tap the button and release it the bar will drain completely. It's very strange and extremely annoying.

the more wingsuit stunts you do the better it gets

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I woke up and read the Eurogamer review, recalled having a good time with JC2 and then picked it up on Green Man Gaming. After I kicked off the preload I came to see if there if was a thread and found all of this. Even worse, I bought it since I have a few hours to kill this morning, but apparently the normal version doesn't unlock till 11:00AM Pacific.

Am I screwed, or is there a way to refund activated Steam Key purchases? I'm thinking not...

Its sitting at an 8.8 user score on metacritic currently. I think the reason people seem down on it is because only the people not enjoying it are posting, everyone who is enjoying it is playing.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If you want exploding sticky things there are a lot of different modifiers for your tether to make them explode. Pulse on reactor, hydrogen on balloon and explode on thruster.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Taintrunner posted:

I mean, it's pretty easy to get an assault rifle with a grenade launcher or an RPG. But yeah, this is hosed so far unless you get some sorta upgrade later.

Have you bothered to try any of the exploding mods for the tether?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Nuts and Gum posted:

I Played JC3 on PC with KB/M, and now after playing on the console it's obvious they optimized it for this input. I remember in 3 when you latched onto someone and zoomed in to kick, they would go flying and give you a shot at blowing them away mid-fall. This appears to be gone, unless it's hidden behind an upgrade? I'm also always running out of ammunition, I think i'm playing the game wrong.

I have no idea how the upgrade system works because the map / upgrade menus are so loving bad. Also the map runs at like 13FPS for some reason. I'm really trying to be positive about this game but Christ...

How far they get kicked is based on distance traveled and angle you connect at. If you are going down at them it just hurls them into the ground but if you come uphill or off an edge they still go flying.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Songbearer posted:

It's clear something has gone terribly wrong with the build they've released because there's no way this game intentionally looks so bad in the areas where it's noticeable. Most of the time the game looks okay to decent but when you get to certain areas it turns into a mushy mess that would've embarrassed a PS1. Texture quality is low across the board - it's fine from a distance but garbage up close. The new toys are a shitload of fun to play with and it lets you get right into the action which is great, but they're gonna have to release a patch ASAP for the graphics because the negative press they're gonna receive will hit them like a ton of bricks. Enemies are still bulletsponges to everything but headshots but this has been the case in the series up til now so I'm not really surprised by that.

The textures aren't universally bad though. Some are very high quality and some look like pilot wings for the snes.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Inzombiac posted:

Maybe it's just my system but the sound seems way off as well.

Rico doesn't have footsteps and the grappling hook doesn't make noticeable noise half of the time.

Oh well, it's refunded and I'll pick it up in a month or so at $40 or less.
Maybe they'll have a LOD patch by then.

What are your specs, because the minimum specs are very high

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I have the follow mod, hover mod and medium balloon power set currently, I have a gaggle of oil drums following me that I can just use a retractor tether to hurl at people. Time to pretend im a jedi.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Mr.PayDay posted:

What am I supposed to do here? 0/2 completed of "what" actually, how do I find or activate these tasks? :gbsmith:

Wingsuit and car stunt tasks, you need to do the intro quest for the director before you can do them.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Speedball posted:

Putting balloons on a ship and thrusters on its back and trying to ride that sucker as far as you can is entertaining. If only you had four grapple slots...so you could have left, right, forward, and balloons.

Modders, get on it.

Turn on the thruster mod for fire opposite to the surface its on, have all 2 be balloons with thusters firing low on tap and strong on hold, the third same thruster setup but no balloons, then attach the balloon thrusters to the sides, and plain thrusters to the back.

Otherwise set the thruster mod for go where your cursor is.

Either way

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Flannelette posted:

Someone figured out why the game turned out bad

:ms:
It was the libs all along.

Nobody tell him that one of the most influential game designers in history was a Woman, he might just lose his poor little gamer mind

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Lol who thinks Roberta is important, I meant KillCreek obviously

you guys are nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hav posted:

Gave it another shot; I've now distilled the tutorial down to grapple over to the first crate, gently caress off over the valley - fun note, retracting the parachute puts you into a 'fall' rather than skydive animation. Climb the pipes to the helicopter pad, grab the crate, shoot the barrel, shoot the guy at the top of the stairs, shoot the two people that break left and right. Grapple chute up the steps, take a left, right, grapple across the gaps, up the pipes, swing right and go up the rocks, avoiding the shooting, swing over the big fan, head right (and wide to avoid the other fans).

I've now played this seven times with different combinations of turning things off, and it always ends in a GPU infinite loop which hard locks.

I got through the tutorial _once_, and it crashed immediately. I suspect an interaction between cloud saves and Denuvo, which would be loving hilarious if it hosed their first couple of weeks sales.

edit: And now I think about it, the tutorial is pretty loving empty.

Even among the people who are mad you are the only one getting these crashes, maybe you should test your hardware for faults?