Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Hello and welcome to Warwang, the hotseat multiplayer campaign that everybody is talking about. We've previously witnessed the exploits of Queek Headtaker and Clan Mors in our single player LP, but the latest innovation in goon Warwanging is head to head campaigns where two empires compete against each other for added drama. H2H multiplayer only allows two players, so we're gonna have two teams per side taking turns to play.

Rather than sign up for a set number of turns as per the last LP, this time we'll let anybody participate for as much time as they are willing to contribute. This is to make it more flexible so that some people don't just have a quick and boring set of turns, while others get tired out by overly eventful ones. Just play as many turns as you like until you've had enough.

Instead of playing a conventional campaign, where both sides play normal empires and slowly build up their power, I want to make it more dramatic. So we'll be a play a more asymmetrical game where one side plays as a mobile horde faction and invades, raids and generally shits up the other side's neighbourhood.

The regular team will be known as the Protagonists and the horde faction will be the Antagonists.

OBJECTIVES
Protagonists: Achieve the short campaign victory conditions
Antagonists: Make life difficulty for the protagonists

HOUSE RULES
By playing a horde faction the antagonists are vulnerable to being wiped out so they must take care to avoid that. Once they have multiple hordes going then one of them must always be held back in reserve. No all-in assaults that risk a campaign wipe, unless the antagonists also control settlements (such as Count Noctilus).

Am I being detained?
No, good goonsir. You are free to leave whenever you like, as long as you are a natural citizen and not merely a Fourteenth Amendment citizen. If you are confused about this then please go and represent yourself at the nearest admiralty court.

How does a head to head campaign work in TW2?
Both players must be online simultaneously. In addition to controlling their own faction's forces, players can also take control of AI armies the other player is fighting against. This makes the campaign much more challenging as the AI is not very difficult to beat normally.

I'm gay bad at this
That's fine! In that case shamelessness would be an excellent attribute. You can just leave your erstwhile team-mates to clean up the mess you've made afterwards. That's Warwang!

How will players organize play with each other?
Through Discord, probably.

How do I report on my play
Only one player per session strictly needs to provide a play report, but both players are very welcome to. The report can be a written post with some screenshots, or a recorded stream of their play. Either is fine.

Any more questions or feedback?

Now, we must choose a faction for the protagonists. I've chosen a list based on relative wholesomeness:

The Empire

Bretonnia

High Elves

Dwarfs

-
I considered but decided against Wood Elves and Lizardmen since they are both kinda assholes themselves and the point here is to bully somebody.

Afterwards, we'll decide on the Antagonsts. The criteria for them is evil-ness and strategic mobility. For now my list is:
Chaos
Beastmen
Vampire Coast
-
These factions can all field horde armies and don't have to worry too much about their home territory, if they have any. I'm willing to add more factions to the list if you think they won't get bogged down in local conflicts. Norsca maybe? I've never played them so I don't know.

PROTAGONIST VOTE
https://www.strawpoll.me/16937360

Once we've got both factions down I'll start taking names for each team.

Mukip fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Reserved

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Yeah add Norscans as an option.

Eschatos fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 29, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Norsca works as an option as they are very Horde Factiony.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Mukip posted:

I considered but decided against Wood Elves and Lizardmen since they are both kinda assholes themselves and the point here is to bully somebody.

Pretty sure literally everyone in warhams is an rear end in a top hat but ok.

I liked the clan mors LP so this should be fun to watch. Definitely voting for vampirates once the antagonist poll opens up.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

It's neck and neck between the Empire and Bretonnia, so I'm going to be a tie-breaker and go Empire. Sorry Bretonnia fans. High Elves were not too far behind in third place, whereas Dwarfs accrued a miserly two votes.

Empire is pretty vanilla in terms of gameplay mechanics and fields a generalist army that can compete in all aspects of the battlefield. It also has pretty strong defensive garrisons for it's towns, which influenced my decision since I expect the protagonists will be having a tough time defending their territory in this one.

The next question is, who will be our antagonists?

Chaos: An armoured battering ram, Chaos armies can get very powerful even before the mid-game but are also vulnerable to setbacks if their slow-growing hordes are wiped out. Chaos must also do a fair amount of raiding and sacking to keep it's income up. Expect battles to be high-stakes affairs for both sides.

Beastmen: The ability to hide their camps while spreading Chaos taint means that Beastmen could be the slow and stealthy killer, while Brayherds (free army spawns) provide sudden bursts of carnage. An unpredictable threat, and like Chaos relies on sacking ettlements for income bursts.

Vampire Coast: Lots of firepower and potentially very mobile while retaining the option to hold territory. The zompirates can also amass a steady gold income through pirate coves. Although their arsenal may find it's match in the Empire!

Norsca: In contrast to the zompirates, Norsca favours melee units and unlike the other Chaotic factions can hold territory, althogh Norsca can only settle coastal regions, razing everything else to the ground. Almost as strong as the Chaos doom hordes but with less of the inherent risk.

VOTING
https://www.strawpoll.me/16943256

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
But everybody plays Empire, poor Bretonnians rarely get a chance to shine. :(

I have a suspicion that at least this vote will be much less close.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
That's true, but maybe that will also get use more volunteers for the Old World thunderdome.

We have to choose a LL for the Empire. The choices are as follows:

Karl Franz

Balthasar Gelt

Volkmar the Grim

I could provide you with campaign or lore descriptions of their relative advantages... But I think it's best for people to go with their hearts on this one.

https://www.strawpoll.me/16943455

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Aww, I was really hoping for Bretonnia. :(

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

definitely cheering for the bad guys over the empire

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Burn the empire

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
But just look at those beautiful smiles. You can't want to get rid of those.

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...

OOrochi posted:

But just look at those beautiful smiles. You can't want to get rid of those.

Luminous Cow posted:

Burn the empire

:colbert:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I feel this LP is already Racist against Orcs!

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Orcs are responsible for 100% of Waaaghs! That's just a fact. And don't erase the existence of Goblins, shitlord.

It seems the poll for our antagonist was never going to be a real competition even though there was some mild enthusiasm for Beastmen. But which grand fleet admiral will harry the shores of the Empire?

Luthor Harkon's various split personalities start a long way away from the Empire but perhaps a slow start would allow him/them to build up a strong power base? He could also pack up and relocate.

Count Noctilus' swag levels are off the charts. He starts in the isolated Galleon's Graveyard, making far flung expeditions fairly straightforward without risking his home turf too much.

Our peg-legged mutant Aranesssa Saltspite starts off in the Old World with the pirate city of Sartosa and gets tons of money from raiding and sacking. She can also recruit living Sartosan pirate units.

Cylostra Direfin can summon the vengeful ghosts of Bretonnians who never got to play because I chose Empire instead. On the other hand, she only starts with a minor settlement and several enemies to start off with, meaning our antagonists will have to sort their own problems out for a while to begin with.

POLL
https://www.strawpoll.me/16948210

Furthermore, Karl Franz I, Protector of the Empire, Defier of the Dark, Emperor Himself and the Son of Emperors, Elector Count of Reikland and Prince of Altdorf will be our protagonists' LL.

I'll start taking sign ups now. Provide the following information:
[username]
[timezone]
[empire/vampire coast/either]
(If there's a heavy bias to one team I'll put the eithers onto the other side.)

Join the Discord to help arrange play! https://discord.gg/dfcjhPe

Also taking names for lords and heroes!

Mukip fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 30, 2018

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
“Zombie Opera Diva” being last shows that Goons are horrible at decisions :colbert:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Eh. If it was a ranked choice, I'd vote her after mad boy Luthor.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Saltspire

Not even a contest

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Vote Ursula Cylostra, you poor unfortunate souls.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Hmm. Cylostra's army would in time be a heavy spoiler to the Empire, given it favours Syreens and Mournghouls, which means a lot of damage nulled. But Saltspite starts closer and means more shenanigans earlier(not that means much, since all of them can pack up and move wherever they want). Meanwhile Noctilus has all the constructs and Luthor can eventually do everything.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 1, 2018

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
It's going to be be Cylostra.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Boo.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

This is a great idea! Looking forward to the empire getting wrecked.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I'd be down for playing either side.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So, uh, is this thing DOA or what?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I am still excited for this

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Herr Tog posted:

I am still excited for this

gently caress you made me think it was back.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

gently caress you made me think it was back.

sorry

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

It's fine. I also forgot a comma. I was not trying to say gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's fine. I also forgot a comma. I was not trying to say gently caress you.

Thank you for clarifying. Let us wish together that this cool idea comes back