Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
Why hello there, fellow goons: Let's do a PYF Secret Santa! The idea started in PYF Cute, and realized why not spill it to the rest of the subforum??

DA RULES
As the thread title says, this is a chill and cool Secret Santa. Keep the gifts weird, fun, and interesting.

What's Discouraged
Trolly gifts such as poo, glitterbombs, and the like. Remember that we're being excellent to each other!

What's Encouraged
Local kit, hand-made stuff, strange/weird things, and whatever your Santee may be hinting at in their signup post. If yer stumped, message them directly and ask some questions!

If you wish to participate, follow this link: Secret Santa Google Form
That form will collect your screen name, real name, address, and whether you're willing to ship internationally. The only two people that'll see all that info are me and your Santa.

Then, come back here and post that you've signed up along with any general interests and/or restrictions (allergies, etc).

I'll close signups on December 14 and run the list of folks that signed up through drawnames.com to get the pairings. I'll then email everyone their respective Santee.

Due to the late start for signups, that means this Secret Santa will bleed into 2019. PLEASE don't kill yourselves trying to get your Santee their sweet, weird loot by the 25th.

Lastly, come back to the thread and share what your most excellent Secret Santa sent ya!

Thanks for readin', and hope you join in on the weird, excellent fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hello I am here to participate! I WILL SIGN YOUR FORM.

Also, bump.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I would also like to make this a thing and bump the thread.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Signed up. When will you be sending out the matches? My address is up in the air right now.

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.
I signed up! I just put my last initial instead of my full last name, but I checked and it shouldn't matter for shipping. Let me know if I need to change it or tell somebody. I have hand-made stuff to send, and could pick up some local items as well.

I don't care what I get, but regional or unique stuff would be cool.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
On it 😎

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

-Zydeco- posted:

Signed up. When will you be sending out the matches? My address is up in the air right now.

I'll get the pairings out the evening of December 14, Mountain Time.

littlebluellama posted:

I just put my last initial instead of my full last name

Ooh, I like that idea. If this does well enough to be done next year, I'll do this instead. Folks's privacy is important to me with this stuff.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I did a signup!

I like weird Wish Chinesium poo poo (like a shirt with RAMEN NOODLE on it or whatever), local candy or specialties, books, odd decorative tchotchkies, and bideo james. I love receiving handmade stuff, because it shows that some care has been put into it (rather than just buying a book).

Shirt size: L. Measurements in inches: 42, 36, 44.

Desmodus rotundus
Sep 15, 2013

HAY GUYS

I signed up!

I like anything kinda witchy or occult or spooky, craft beer or bar related, and also collect tiki poo poo!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

You know what, I've never done an SASS before, but this year I'm feeling it. Let's do it. :)

I like birds.

Also crystals/gemstones, flowers, plants, the colors green, black, and silver, ancient Egypt. :)

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
I signed up too! There is only one thing that I want: a women's t-shirt from this artist. I wear a medium and would like one of the frog ones on a white tee.

Also, I would like to read stories of good deeds with my gift.

waggles has a new favorite as of 02:17 on Dec 9, 2018

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

queserasera posted:

I would also like to make this a thing and bump the thread.

Send me weird. Or $1-3 games on Steam. I'm a fan of games you can MST3K.

Fhistleb
Dec 31, 2008

Tell me more about your sandwiches.
i'm currently into Retro Wave music... I also like Doom.

No clue what to do with that information.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
...should prolly post, too. :v:

Santa: I'm down with fanarts of cartoons & vidja games (Metroid in particular) and jam on sci-fi. Also play various tabletop are-pee-gees. Anything local, handmade, or something you're interested in personally are awesome too. :kimchi:

Santee: I'm a Utah goon, so expect whatever comes to you to be slathered in fry sauce.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
I'm in! I like cats, crochet and sleeping for obscenely long stretches of time. Big fan of art I can hang up/weird out my co-workers with.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

tentawesome posted:

I'm in! I like [...] sleeping for obscenely long stretches of time.

:hmmyes:

I change my vote to this.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That's difficult to spin into a 20 dollar secret santa gift though

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Perhaps a very cozy blanket.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Time to break out these bad boys: :sassargh::ohdearsass: but also the good nice SASS one that I can't find

freudianquips
Nov 7, 2008
Whoops, I guess i should post too! Dear Santa, this year I have been in love with bizarre occult knick knacks. Anything macabre and morbid is going on my shelf, I might be going through my teenage witch phase again. Homemade baked goods will be devoured equally as quickly as local candies and snacks. If you've got a regional brand of chips please pass them along.

I'm excited to see what my santee requests too! Regardless, prepare thyself for some good ol' Chicago popcorn and my signature cookies, in additon to whatever poo poo I find around town.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
Io er'rybody,

I'll be gettin' the pairings made tonight as planned. I'll get 'em emailed to ya once it's complete.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
Pairings are all out now!

They were done manually via the website:
http://www.randomresult.com/tournament.php

...by placing each participant's name once and creating a 'tournament' with a single group in size equal to the number of folks for that particular segment (shipping int'l/not shipping int'l).

There were 13 participants, so I filled in as the extra person on the list that was short one person to ensure everyone... DANGIT. I actually didn't need to do that. >_< ANYWAY. Everyone should have a Santa and Santee.

IF YOU DIDN'T RECEIVE YOUR EMAIL:
Please message me here and I'll getcha connected properlike.

Gonna be fun, my fellow PYFers.

Be excellent,
krinklechip

Shy and Shameless has a new favorite as of 10:58 on Dec 16, 2018

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Whoever got me, I'll give my address to Krinkle as soon as I get it. Don't worry about getting mine by the 25th.

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

If you're shipping internationally the us post office website has a list of the restrictions on what you can ship. I was going send some small sterling wire jewelry as part of mine, but the country I'm sending to does not allow for the shipment of precious metals or gems (don't worry, I still have plenty to send!).

They also don't allow shipments of animal based soup or radioactive material, and all shipments of live bees have to go through this one university, so sorry, santee, you're not getting my world famous radioactive bee soup.

Also FYI it looks like you can use flat rate shipping envelopes to send things the most cheaply (relatively lol) as long as the flap closes the way the post office intended (on the one I got, there is red line that has to match up, and you can't have the flap bulging open and covered with tape etc)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

krinklechip posted:

Pairings are all out now!
:neckbeard:

littlebluellama posted:

They also don't allow shipments of animal based soup or radioactive material, and all shipments of live bees have to go through this one university, so sorry, santee, you're not getting my world famous radioactive bee soup.
dang.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Excited to send something this year, it's been a while since I participated in something like this.

For whoever got me, I'd be happy to get anything at all that you think is cool. If you need a little guidance, we have a rabbit at home and like artsy things.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hello! I never did post my interests, but I guess my post history speaks for itself, because my Secret Santa has (thus far) nailed it.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

my cat is norris posted:

Hello! I never did post my interests, but I guess my post history speaks for itself, because my Secret Santa has (thus far) nailed it.

ohthankcheesus. It's always a gamble getting a new board game for someone when you don't know their collection. :v:

Desmodus rotundus
Sep 15, 2013

HAY GUYS

I have my stuff for my santee in order and will get it out when it arrives :D

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Desmodus rotundus posted:

I have my stuff for my santee in order and will get it out when it arrives :D

Same :buddy:

Thanks krinkle for organizing this!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

My Secret Santa buddy sent me FOOD for my QUAILS! They're gonna go nuts. :kimchi: Also, as mentioned, a pretty rad little board game.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Same :buddy:

Thanks krinkle for organizing this!

Happy to! I like spreading happiness this time of year. :kimchi:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

krinklechip posted:

Happy to! I like spreading happiness this time of year. :kimchi:

The birbs raised you well. :3:

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

Shout out to the post office worker who helped me figure out international shipping and let me know what I don't have to declare on the customs form. "they only want the highlights". He did laugh at some of what I was sending though.

Now we'll find out if, as the internet says, customs is going to rip open my package and hurl the contents int the sea.

According to google, my humble goods are about to travel 4261 miles.

yay

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
LITERALLY A BIRD you went ABOVE and BEYOND with these gifts - we love love love all three items. I am going to do a write-up once I finish my last leg of holiday travel. Just letting you know I got it, details coming soon for the thread. Outstanding!

e:

life is a joke has a new favorite as of 10:36 on Dec 26, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm so glad you like them!!! :glomp:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

littlebluellama posted:

Shout out to the post office worker who helped me figure out international shipping and let me know what I don't have to declare on the customs form. "they only want the highlights". He did laugh at some of what I was sending though.

Now we'll find out if, as the internet says, customs is going to rip open my package and hurl the contents int the sea.

According to google, my humble goods are about to travel 4261 miles.

yay

TRAVEL SAFELY, PACKAGES!

The gifts I sent won't arrive for another week or so and I am anxious for them to arrive because I want to find out whether or not I did okay! :ohdear:

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

A dildo

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Dildo here as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I was torn between weirdness and junk food for my santee. Looking forward to finding out if it actually makes it.