Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
Just ordered my santee's gifts! Too bad they won't arrive until after the 1st but they are on their way!

So far, krinklechip is doing fantastically. A mystery novel featuring an intelligent cat? Well played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
Happy to hear that was in the right ballpark, tentawesome. : D

A Santa (I ended up with, and being, two due to being a goober) has struck: freudianquips!

USPS: Santa approved.

WOOOOOO! :kimchi:

Everything unpacked. The card was a friendly note from a fellow goon. : D

Some Hot Honey... gonna be tryin' and reporting back after I get some bread.

REALLY GOOD popcorn!

Now, let's just get this question block open... PUNCH

Eyyy! A Chicago glass! I'm a sucker for these.

Thank you much, tentawesome! :3

freudianquips
Nov 7, 2008
Oh yay glad everything arrived okay. I can not control myself around Garrett popcorn. Enjoy!

Fhistleb
Dec 31, 2008

Tell me more about your sandwiches.
Thank you for the SynthWave clock!

I sent my gifts out late, but hopefully the extra goodies I added make up for it!

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib

Fhistleb posted:

Thank you for the SynthWave clock!

I sent my gifts out late, but hopefully the extra goodies I added make up for it!

You're welcome. Did it come with mounting supplies?

Also, my santa's gift will be coming around the 5th so expect pictures!!

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

queserasera posted:

I was torn between weirdness and junk food for my santee. Looking forward to finding out if it actually makes it.

Don't matter to me and I wouldn't worry. If it can make it out of the US it shouldn't have any trouble getting here.

I tried to get the weirdest things I could from the bazzar here. I'm kind of not happy with the first two items since they are more pedestrian unusual, but I think the larger third one should gaurantee you confused looks from guests for many years to come.

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 18:37 on Jan 1, 2019

Fhistleb
Dec 31, 2008

Tell me more about your sandwiches.

waggles posted:

You're welcome. Did it come with mounting supplies?

Also, my santa's gift will be coming around the 5th so expect pictures!!

Yes!!!

Desmodus rotundus
Sep 15, 2013

HAY GUYS

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow or Friday!! Sorry for the late send off my santaee!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oh my GOD I got your package today and you are amazing. Millet for my birdies, a toy Amadeus will LOVE, a goddamn plague doctor mask what the hell lmao AND ALSO THIS

A BLANKET COVERED IN CONURES

THANK YOU I LOVE YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I was New Yearsing with my parents, but when I came home my package had arrived! Let's open it together, shall we?

Here's the box.

Some toffees! They were delicious.

A dinosaur soap!

A jar of pepper jelly. Interesting!

Some jam! Goes great with some toast.

A borger sauce?

And finally, some old things.

Thanks a whole lot, littlebluellama! This was amaze.

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.
Oh good, I was starting to worry it wouldn't get though customs. I tried to get a good variety of things from my area, so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

What do I use the pepper jelly for?

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

bony tony posted:

What do I use the pepper jelly for?

It's usually eaten with something creamy to cut the spiciness. I've had it on crackers with cream cheese, and also with sweet potato (yam) fries (in which the fries were dipped into a little cup of cream cheese with pepper jelly on top). At a recent holiday potluck at work, someone brought in little phyllo dough cups with cream cheese and pepper jelly.

Don't know if you have cream cheese where you are, but it's just a soft, slightly tangy cheese often used for breakfast and pastries. Any soft, mild cheese would probably do (or if it's just on cheese and crackers, any cheese really). I've also heard some people even put it on top of vanilla ice cream.

I've also seen people use it more as an ingredient, throwing it some in stir fried vegetables, mixing it into a vinaigrette salad dressing, using as a glaze for pork or salmon, or making a dip by mixing it with sour cream or plain yogurt.

This may be more of an American taste (we tend to like a lot of sweet foods lol), but you can basically throw a dab of it on anything you'd like to have a little sweet-and-spicy kick to it.

Desmodus rotundus
Sep 15, 2013

HAY GUYS

CatNamedNorriss is knocking it outta the park with these awesome socks 😍 they’re perfect!!

Just a quick edit to post that cat named Norris loving NAILED it this year. I had this same calendar for 2018 and was looking EVERYWHERE for the 2019 version and couldn’t find it but now I have it!!!

My gift is on its way and my receiver has been filled in!!

Desmodus rotundus has a new favorite as of 06:10 on Jan 18, 2019

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Desmodus rotundus posted:

CatNamedNorriss is knocking it outta the park with these awesome socks 😍 they’re perfect!!

:black101:

I wish the other half of your gift would get there already. I'm so super late.

Glad you love the socks!!

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
Sorry for the quality of the pictures but, I have received my frogs!!

First up a set of vinyl stickers:

A laminated poster of frogs and toads found in Europe (some introduced):

and finally the main event, a t-shirt questioning the purpose of frogs:

I love them all and plan to wear the shirt often.

Thank you tenteawesome.

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

"US Post Office" posted:

Your item departed our ____ NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on January 16, 2019 at 4:41 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

!!!!!!!!!OH MY GOD IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

Yeeees!

Candy!

ok, google translate, GO:

Yeah, that's probably not it lol

Ok google translate, translate from SWEDISH:

Sweet! I've heard of violet candy, but never got to try it! (tried, it, it is delicious!)

Dried Figs

I will have to share these with my grandma too, she loves figs.

Thanks so much Bony Tony! I can't stop eating this violet candy!

Apparently the government shutdown slowed customs way down, but Trump couldn't ruin my Christmas.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I love reading these threads. You people are amazing!!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It arrived! I was worried.

By the way, the blueberry and blackberry jam was an excellent addition to a batch of pancakes the other day.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
Sooper cool that stuffs is still trickling in. Thank you all for joining in on making each other's holiday and new year a bit brighter.

freudianquips
Nov 7, 2008
Santa still making the rounds, this time from desmodeus rotundus! Thank you northern goon for all the snacks. good lord ketchup chips need to be a thing in the states ASAP. I’m also excited to frame the skull art, it’ll go well with the cow jaw bone I acquired recently!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desmodus rotundus
Sep 15, 2013

HAY GUYS

Hooray!!!! I’m glad you enjoyed them :D I noticed moving here that Canada had a CRAZY range of chip flavours that I never saw in the states but is sadly lacking in their selection of lovely unhealthy cereal