Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Tohru developed central hypoventilation syndrome from embarrassment wow

(Jk I go through precisely what he's going through. In fact, I'm posting this from work where I just had one of those breath attacks !)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

relatable social anxiety moments in the neet thread :negative:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
The best is when you get chest tightness and you try to fill your lungs up like a balloon to subdue the pain but it's never enough.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

someone awful. posted:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I've always found it relaxing that the worst case scenario for a panic attack is passing out and breathing normally again because at least your lizard brain knows how to breathe. Just try not to bonk your head on the way down.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

someone awful. posted:

The Daily Life Of A Certain NEET: relatable social anxiety moments

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
What is the Japanese word for the sound of forgetting how to breathe?

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc

The Alchemist posted:

ニート

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

pyknosis posted:

ニート

Is this real?

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc
that's actually more of a culturally-bound thing that's really hard to translate but technically it's more like a total and complete ineptitude leading to a critical failure to breathe, or in some contexts, forgetting to breathe because you're too preoccupied figuring out what you want to eat

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

fascinating. (unironic)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

pyknosis posted:

ニート

that's neat

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

lol

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

The Alchemist posted:

In this case, he's making the sounds of inhaling (スッ) and exhaling (ハッ) in their long vowel form and without any space between them (so like it's one word?):スーハー. So maybe "innoutt innoutt innoutt" is even better. I doubt there's a singular word for forgetting how to breathe since you can do it in a multitude of ways.
In case you're wondering, "sigh" is 「フー」.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's nice that he found a job that seems to challenge him without overwhelming him

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
The bidder is totally going to report him and/or trigger a chargeback

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

hyphz posted:

The bidder is totally going to report him and/or trigger a chargeback

"Oh no, I sent you $2,000 by mistake! Just send me back the difference using a different payment method..."

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Brother Make posted:

In this case, he's making the sounds of inhaling (スッ) and exhaling (ハッ) in their long vowel form and without any space between them (so like it's one word?):スーハー. So maybe "innoutt innoutt innoutt" is even better. I doubt there's a singular word for forgetting how to breathe since you can do it in a multitude of ways.
In case you're wondering, "sigh" is 「フー」.

Thanks for the insight, for a layman like me its just so fascinating how many onomatopoeia and weird adjectives japanese language contains, I get blown away by them time after time!

Also, I wish I still had an office job, just so I could stick this panel to the breakroom fridge. Thats some oldschool motivational poo poo right there

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

lofi posted:

An interesting manga game.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc
my bet's still on the next panel being neet being immediately sent to jail

repsnake
Sep 1, 2002

He gets banned immediately for TOS violation, punches his monitor and burns down his house to become fugitive NEET 2: Electric NEETaloo.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Thats so meta

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
in a way, this is a visual novel, where you only get to press A to advance the text once every day, and instead of doing one path and then going back and doing another you kind of go back and forth between two paths at the same time

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
All these years and paths, yet the Gorou's completely hamfisted rampage has to be my favorite happening in this entire hot mess so far. But there is also a special place in my heart for the entire Crime Neet arc and especially Oda(even though he is a goddamn snitch). I have also cried throughout this experience, even if out of laughter.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

edit: Thank you Brother Make for the excellent currency localization. :hfive: First attempt in quote below.

quote:

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 23, 2024

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Hell yes

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
:yeshaha:

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc
okay but this only makes me more certain than ever that jail is inevitable

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

pyknosis posted:

okay but this only makes me more certain than ever that jail is inevitable

RMT isn't a jailable crime, it's just grossly against the game's terms of service usually

the difference between being imprisoned and being banned for gamer NEET might not be that far apart, granted

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

RMT isn't a jailable crime, it's just grossly against the game's terms of service usually

the difference between being imprisoned and being banned for gamer NEET might not be that far apart, granted

Maybe in America Canada, but forget this is Japan California, where it is illegal to modify your video game save file. I wouldn't be surprised if RMT is a jailable crime in NEET world

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:redhammer:
    :supaburn:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Hell yes!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Ahahahahahaha, I love it

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

congrats on your ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

pnumoman posted:

Ahahahahahaha, I love it