Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

man, maybe a bit apathetic but it seems like every time there’s a big reveal that will surely get Trump this time! It all blows over and everything just carries on per usual with his hateful rhetoric and thinly veiled meddling with his plutocratic cronies

Trust me, I’d celebrate the day he actually got pinned for something, and subsequently punished, but idk

Just rambling here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean every page of CE since forever has something on Trump that would absolutely gently caress the common citizen but nothing ever loving happens. I’m just disheartened about it all

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think this needs more attention

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It’s his tactical bodycam/GoPro for their house raids

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

wonder if Airbnb is a factor

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean this is a mil/vet forum and he sounds like every vet on my fb feed that drank all the koolaid and are sharing clips of AOC “self owning!”

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

my kinda ape posted:

So yeah it's gonna cost a loving enormous amount of money but keeping our current system is going to cost that x2-3 while bankrupting tons of people or just letting them die.

a glaring detail people like to ignore

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

We could probably use some kind of Universal program for dental as well. Too many people can’t afford dental care and the outcomes can be awful.

I remember a story where a dude went to the ER for a crippling tooth ache. He was given a prescription for antibiotics and painkillers. He could only afford one, so he opted for painkillers. He died that same night.

“But if dental is free & accessible no one will have an incentive to brush their teeth or take care of themselves!”

Dental health is loving important and some issues can be absolutely crippling. People often don’t have empathy until they experience it themselves. Never mind it being debt inducing. How many kids did we know in the mil with a hosed up grill because their parents never once took them?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

man, where can we ever save money and cut costs in this country? 🤔

heavily downsize the mil, decrease deployment tempo (especially for the Navy), make the Marines a reserve force, close a lot of overseas bases, stop being a subsidized military for other countries

but then we wouldn’t have our Starship Troopers forever war society so 🤷🏽‍♀️

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It’s a breath of fresh air that GIP is mostly vets/mil, and aren’t consistently spreading vitriol about everything: “ugh lieberals and their avocado toast! Check out this cherry picked and edited clip of AOC saying dumb poo poo! Peep this Ben Shapiro debate! 2nd amendment!” and just being right winging chodes as a whole. I’m always incredulous to think it’s what everyone really believes on here, and they’re sort of rolling with the punches? I mean, going by the vets/mil on my fb feed where it’s 95% of the above.

But every now and again their true colors rear their ugly head

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 2, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Godholio posted:

I dunno, they were pretty rabid about NDT and Bill loving Nye a couple of pages ago.

Ehhh Bill Nye sort of dug his grave with that Netflix mess, but I’m not gonna be all “he’s not even a scientist!” Plus he did a reddit AMA where he was extremely condescending and petulant. But dude is a mechanical engineer and has some patented poo poo still in use by Boeing or w/e. His original show was fun

NDT has made some dumb tweets about movies, but he’s mostly stopped with that poo poo. That said, I still like the dude, and while not ideal we need a sort of pop culture celebrity representative like him for science

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 2, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

yeah we had one dude that had just about every tooth pulled, it was bad

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Had at least one case where the 18 year old kid only had weeks to maybe months to live given the severity of the untreated abscesses (plural) boring towards his brain cavity.

:stare:

I mean gently caress, cannot even get mad at the kids. It’s just bad parenting, education, and lack of accessible services

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 3, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ugh, is nothing sacred! What won’t millennials ruin!!

Millennials are apparently killing canned tuna because opening a can is too much work for them, StarKist exec says

https://www.businessinsider.com/mil...ign=buffer-food

don’t wast the click:

quote:

Consumption of canned tuna has dropped over the past three decades.

Industry experts told The Wall Street Journal that this is partly because millennials want their food to be as convenient as possible, and in some cases, opening a can is too much work. Some may not even have the appropriate utensils to open the can.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday that per-capita consumption of canned tuna has dropped 42% in the last three decades, while consumption of fresh and frozen fish has risen in that time, according to data from the US Department of Agriculture.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Will always take an opportunity to post this

always wondered: what does all this say about the generation that raised millennials 🤔 really makes u think

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol I love when departments post proud “bust” pics like this

what did they raid some high school kids while they were hanging out playing red dead 2. The FB comments are hilarious

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean they have loving singles laid out

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

found ~~legally owned~~ guns

Lol is that an empty Folgers bucket

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

The prescription drugs aren't good either. That's why there's so many people hooked on opioids.

Doesn’t say what. Hell, probably adderall, or some opioids from grandmas medicine cabinet. Since they didn’t mention I’m guessing it wasn’t anything spicy. People snort that poo poo too which would explain the phone with powder

How much of our tax dollars do you think went to this *~operation~*

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wasn’t the America’s Army w/e game pretty well put together though and had online?

tankfish posted:

Heres a neat current event the army is starting a twitch stream and e-sport teams to help recruitment. https://kotaku.com/the-u-s-army-has-a-new-plan-to-recruit-gamers-1830850297

I guess it was a reserve unit but the AF sponsored a League of Legends team

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

oh word?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

loving lmao

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/ada-county-paramedics-unveil-new-armored-ambulance/277-622706795

quote:

Ada County Paramedics unveiled a brand-new vehicle to help them in unique situations -- a custom-made armored ambulance.

The armored ambulance isn’t just a game changer for Ada County Idaho Paramedics, it's a new step for paramedic services across the country.

With the purchase of the MedCat, Ada County Paramedics becomes the first emergency medical services organization to have its own MedCat.

"This vehicle is specifically designed for the rescue of citizens and officers who may be involved in situations that aren't accessible to normal ambulances," said Chris Shandera, Ada County Paramedics Tac Med Commander.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 13, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

No more US involvement in Yemen I guess?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

I'm sure Boise, a city of less than a quarter million, really needs the first armored medevac vehicle in the country

~~if it saves just one life~~

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sorry, voted to end is probably a better choice of words

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.newsweek.com/2018/12/21/evangelicals-republicans-trump-millenials-1255745.html

One can hope 🙏🏽

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

Everything Christmas related is gross because gently caress consumerism

same

It warms my heart but I guess it’s also sad to see people have to publicly announce “hey family I’m too broke to get you anything for Christmas soooo yeah”

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/a6p6cr/im_connor_karen_an_attorney_electroconvulsive/?st=JPRDJ7F0&sh=f376e607

Some lawyer chode ambulance chaser going after ECT (electroconvulsive shock therapy) started a failed AMA

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

are we the baddies

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/bankrupt-sears-pay-million-bonuses-executives/ynm2Dcmd08rbztrBDB8DPP/

workers don’t deserve poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

electoral college is dope as long as it results in who I’m supporting winning

Otherwise it’s an archaic system that needs to go away

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Haha we surely got Trump this time y’all!

.....guys?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Maybe I’m just too apathetic. I’ll celebrate the day with champagne, but this thread is just pages of “haha we got him! Y’all see this poo poo?” then nothing. It’s less angst against y’all and more against the establishment itself

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2011/11/15/europe-bans-airport-body-scanners-over-health-and-safety-concerns/#418f9ad72b57

Europe banning airport body scanners over health concerns

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol didn’t even look at that

-edit nvm

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 19, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ok so hold up Trump lifts sanctions on his Russian plutocratic cronies that have him in his back pocket who Manafort owes 10 million to meanwhile pulling out of Syria to let Russia go hog wild

Am I understanding all this right or

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

searing hot take here from the facebooks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I get that anyone that has followed Trump this far isn't going to be swayed

That said, seeing all this poo poo pan out with Mattis, who vets/AD absolutely revere as a god, yet they're still all:

just blows my mind. Idk whether to laugh or cry. They're gonna follow this dude to the ashes of America and still be going on about the emails and irrelevant poo poo Obama did

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

DoktorLoken posted:

Feel good story of the week:

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2018/12/syracuse-cops-push-st-joes-to-probe-mans-rectum-for-drugs-what-country-are-we-living-in.html

Syracuse police, a city court judge and St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center worked together last year to conduct a highly unusual drug search.

They collaborated to sedate a suspect and thread an 8-inch flexible tube into his rectum in a search for illegal drugs. The suspect, who police said had taunted them that he’d hidden drugs there, refused consent for the procedure.

So, was it worth the risk? The X-ray was right. The scope found no drugs.

Wait, again? Lmao. Reads almost like the other story. Cop suspected drugs in a dude’s rear end because he was acting suspicious idk, I think the drug dog may have been called as well.

They took the dude around to different places who wouldn’t shove a tube up his rear end. Finally found a Doctor that would, then he got hit with massive medical bills. I think he might have won a settlement in the end

Yep, New Mexico:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2014/01/16/justice/new-mexico-search-settlement/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Mexico gonna pay