Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rhyno if you can't see why teasing her about her weight and giving her nasty childish nicknames makes you a total poo poo you really are a lost cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Queen Combat posted:

This is a gigantic dick move. Congratulations, you have become what you used to complain about for years here.

If you don't feel ashamed at what you've done, by both having that mindset last night and being proud of it today (so much so that you wanted to share it with your online buddies), I suggest taking a big step back and reevaluating.
This.
The solution was to call everyone with the same name by their last name. Some people don't want your lovely made up nicknames.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

gently caress Fat Megan, she keeps wanting all the attention. Even in AI.

Of all the things to poke at Rhyno about, this is one of the more silly. We were not there, I'm sure there was more nuance than Rhyno implied, chillax.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

meatpimp posted:

Of all the things to poke at Rhyno about, this is one of the more silly. We were not there, I'm sure there was more nuance than Rhyno implied, chillax.
I don't think there is.
They probably gave her a bunch of lovely nicknames she didn't like, then called the other woman hot megan (imply she was ugly), and then settled on fat megan. They're just being dicks.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'd start calling the megan you like megatron. Thats a p. Dope nickname. Use awesome nicknames for people you like, names for people you don't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The entire thing came from her having a problem with sharing a name as I detailed in the first post. She attempted this odd power play and nobody wanted anything to do with her. If it was unprovoked nothing would have happened but she continued to poke the bear.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

I'd start calling the megan you like megatron. Thats a p. Dope nickname. Use awesome nicknames for people you like, names for people you don't.

True, but if she is actually a fat megan, I bet some uncreative middle schoolers called her that. So yeah, give it to old megan.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

meatpimp posted:

No. Really it's not. They are being a bunch of ginormous dicks. How about that lot be adults and just call them Megan?

Rhyno posted:

Lol, I'm not apologizing to someone I dont even want to be around who makes unreasonable demands of a group of people who want nothing to do with her. She's terrible and deserves to be put in her place.

I'm sorry but who are the people thinking up juvenile names that she is rightly saying stop about? And you call that unresonable? You are the one being terrible here, not her.

For gods sake, dig up, not down

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Hey I finally ordered lift supports for my wife's Tucson. It only took me a year or so :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

How the gently caress are you not just calling them "last name."
I've had a number of friends with the same name as me and within the same social circle, we always go by "last name.". loving done and nk one cares, though if they have the same personality as me we launch a mock war about who gets "first name."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Because she insisted on being the prime Megan. Nobody started giving her nicknames until she voiced her need to being Megan #1. It was the most head scratching problem and she was the one who made it a problem. Nothing would have ever happened had she not thrown her little fit.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
just call her prime megan because that sounds pretty badass

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
And you chose a completely adult way to handle it?

You're trying very hard to paint yourself a hero for calling a person fat yesterday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not a hero. She's a garbage person who none of us wanted around. Yeah, drunken mob mentality took over a bit but I don't feel exceptionally terrible as she started in on it to begin with.

I do like how people read that I am assuming she had low self esteem because of her need to be the main "Megan" and jumped on it as if this is some hard fact about a person they know.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
That's not what all but one post is talking about, friend. However, at this point, I'm going to ignore and move on.

Good luck!

E: I can put a positive spin on this. Gonna make it "2019: No Time for lovely People." Take care of myself, y'know?

Queen Combat fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 29, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
As meatpimp said, there was far more to it. This was just cliff notes. Garbage people dont deserve courtesy if they insist on being garbage.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

As meatpimp said, there was far more to it. This was just cliff notes. Garbage people dont deserve courtesy if they insist on being garbage.
agree. see ya!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like a plan, thanks!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Getting pissy about your nickname has been the recipe for receiving a new, worse one for as long as I can remember. This isn't some new level of cruelty being displayed, here, it's just life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Javid posted:

Getting pissy about your nickname has been the recipe for receiving a new, worse one for as long as I can remember. This isn't some new level of cruelty being displayed, here, it's just life.

She didn't actually have a nickname until she made a big stink about it. It's still very confusing because in previous interactions I don't think anyone called her anything but "the other Megan."

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
EDIT: Nevermind. I need to remember to keep the huge majority of opinions to myself; in this age we live in of social media justice, snap decisions based on little to no info, and guilty-until-proven-innocent-but-hey-you're-still-guilty.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have, several times. I'm not friends with either of them but we continue to cross paths. They crashed the reception for the wedding I was in recently. My friend that is friends with him just feels sorry for the guy since he has so few friends.

Edit: maybe crashed is an exaggeration. They asked if it would be okay if they came and when told it was fine they showed up moments later so they were already in the parking lot.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
EDIT: hey I'm gonna make a hot take but frame it as an edit to avoid accountability

Nobody is defending Megan here, and if you choose not to see that, then you're having a different conversation. Stories aren't limited to just one villain.

Real edit: vvv are you saying TPS is a Rhyno alt?

Queen Combat fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 29, 2018

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

In 2019 I'm continuing to reply to posters that I've made a big deal about ignoring

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

angryrobots posted:

In 2019 I'm continuing to reply to posters that I've made a big deal about ignoring

I'm gonna make a parachute account and quote all my posts.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'm gonna make a parachute account and quote all my posts.

Wouldn't be the worst decision you've made in the last 24 hours.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
In 2019 I'm going to seriously reconsider how much I want to read chat threads.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I had hoped posting the latest episode from the van of horrors would pull the discussion back towards car stuff, but it did not. Sorry, I tried.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Hey, do these fine forums have a dedicated Fusion 360 thread, or, barring that, a CAD/CAM thread?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know of a dedicated CAD/CAM thread, but the 3D printing thread is pretty good for modeling masters

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3365193

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I swear I spend more time getting ready getting into all the layers and wet weather gear to ride in Canada than I do actual riding

Yeesh this year hasnt been kind to me with weight. Ugh. gently caress that time to get my rear end back to where it should be

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

Garbage people dont deserve courtesy if they insist on being garbage.

Love me some irony

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

AI: Full of tolerance, acceptance, and reserving of judgement.

:laugh:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I'm really glad I never leave my apartment.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Well I'm probably going to be buying a ticket for a funeral in a few weeks for a family friend who might as well be family. gently caress cancer and gently caress 2018. At least I got to say goodbye and make him smile one last time.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Wrar posted:

Well I'm probably going to be buying a ticket for a funeral in a few weeks for a family friend who might as well be family. gently caress cancer and gently caress 2018. At least I got to say goodbye and make him smile one last time.

lovely way to end a year. :smith:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That's lovely :(

In other news, just hooked up my new PS4 pro and realized how much faster my internet connection is vs installing a game (rdr2) directly from the BluRay.

The future is now.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Dang, looks like I missed internet white knights trying to defend fat Megan's honor as a path to her pants and more importantly another battle lost to cancer. :(

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Look, we're just calling him Perpetual Teenage Drama Rhyno because otherwise there might be confusion about the context of which Rhyno you're talking about, it could be Ryne Sandberg after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

keykey posted:

Dang, looks like I missed internet white knights trying to defend fat Megan's honor as a path to her pants and more importantly another battle lost to cancer. :(

Queen Combat posted:

Nobody is defending Megan here, and if you choose not to see that, then you're having a different conversation. Stories aren't limited to just one villain.