Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fo3 posted:

Good. Now read what I posted. That's treating people (like friends and family) like homeless hobos. Oh it's gift season. Can't give them cash that may provide a meal or roof over their head. Let's give gift cards this gift season. That way when they spend it, it will be a gift from meeeee even though I can't be bothered with them in any aspect.

Lol wat. You're not making any sense dude and your gift card rage is silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

ilkhan posted:

Do you have an address I can send a $.02 amazon gift card to you at?

It's loving money. Suck it up and appreciate that someone is giving you something at all.

It's usually ended up expired or from a company that didn't honour it.
Suck it up and realize buying them is loving retarded.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol wat. You're not making any sense dude and your gift card rage is silly.

I hope people stop buying them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fo3 posted:

1. What? I have NEVER had a GC expire.

2. Stop saying "retarded." It makes you look like a raging rear end in a top hat.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Fo3 posted:

in the US it's illegal for GCs to expire. Also, Amazon gift cards are the bomb. If 10 people can give me $50 gift card I can now buy myself a $500 item I really wanted.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fo3 posted:

I hope people stop buying them.

Well I doubt gift card sellers are worried since 0.002% of the Earth's population has a problem with them

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Rhyno posted:

you look like a raging rear end in a top hat.
I am one tonight for other reasons and this is the hill I will die on.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fo3 posted:

I am one tonight for other reasons and this is the hill I will die on.

The retarded hill or the gift cards are bad hill

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

:lol: you guysssssss

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Suburban Dad posted:

:lol: you guysssssss

dk2m
May 6, 2009
It’s my first winter in CO coming from the midwest and a few thoughts

- This much sunshine is really throwing me off. Decades of dreariness has conditioned me to feel terrible this time of the year and the fact that I’m not is weirding me out

- However, there are so many Subarus here that no one does the Subaru wave and that makes me sad

- It’s only snowed a few times but it’s been way tamer that I would have expected - that being said, there are a looooot of people that seem to struggle driving through it, I have no idea why

- Blizzaks seriously are the best thing in the world - mountain driving goes from white knuckling to just being cautious

- I’ve noticed a lack of janky, rusted out piles of poo poo that I’m used to seeing rolling around everywhere in the midwest which is probably due to emissions? On the downside, every 4x4 is like 3K more than what it should be on craigslist

So far so good though, I much prefer this sunnier version of winter

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer

dk2m posted:

It’s my first winter in CO coming from the midwest and a few thoughts

- This much sunshine is really throwing me off. Decades of dreariness has conditioned me to feel terrible this time of the year and the fact that I’m not is weirding me out

- However, there are so many Subarus here that no one does the Subaru wave and that makes me sad

- It’s only snowed a few times but it’s been way tamer that I would have expected - that being said, there are a looooot of people that seem to struggle driving through it, I have no idea why

- Blizzaks seriously are the best thing in the world - mountain driving goes from white knuckling to just being cautious

- I’ve noticed a lack of janky, rusted out piles of poo poo that I’m used to seeing rolling around everywhere in the midwest which is probably due to emissions? On the downside, every 4x4 is like 3K more than what it should be on craigslist

So far so good though, I much prefer this sunnier version of winter

yep, that's why Colorado. Beats the heck out of midwest/east/south so far.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

I don't know who did this but it is hilarious and I hope Fo3 takes it in good spirit.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Everyone needs a hug tbh. Hugs are good.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Hugs are great

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Re: Subaru wave

Locally we have a lot of subies and the wave seems to be restricted to the turbo models and the obvious enthusiasts (some form of visible modification).

Bog standard crosstrek aint giving a wave back.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Goober Peas posted:

Hugs are great

Ted Baker thinks so; his shareholders do not:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46426852

quote:

Shares in Ted Baker have hit a three-year low in London, after allegations of "forced hugging" around the fashion group's founder and boss Ray Kelvin.
By Monday afternoon, shares in the firm, which issues a trading update on Thursday, were down 15% at £15.42.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm stuck in a tiny bit of snow during a already once delayed service call because my employers are so cheap they buy 2wd trucks in the northeast, lol.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Some real grinches ITT today

:ohdearsass:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They're not drunk enough.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'd like to point out its Gingerbread House season

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Baby, I'm always in season.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Prong Song posted:

in the US it's illegal for GCs to expire. Also, Amazon gift cards are the bomb. If 10 people can give me $50 gift card I can now buy myself a $500 item I really wanted.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

spog posted:

I don't know who did this but it is hilarious and I hope Fo3 takes it in good spirit.

It is nice to know that someones rage can be turned into a positive, such as providing bandwidth for our dead forums.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Bajaha posted:

Re: Subaru wave

Locally we have a lot of subies and the wave seems to be restricted to the turbo models and the obvious enthusiasts (some form of visible modification).

Bog standard crosstrek aint giving a wave back.
I'm trying to think of how many people I've seen driving around in performance or modified Subarus whom I'd want to wave at or be associated with.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fo3 posted:

Giftcards are the worst.
"couldn't be hosed doing anything other than locking you into one shop that may have conditions of use".
It's worse than cash, and it's not really a gift. Just send cash or a proper thoughtful gift.
I have strong opinion on this because amazon is poo poo, plus I never bothered to cash in a gift card most times. $$$$ wasted by the people that bought them for me and now I wouldn't get anything decent for them ever. The few I used was to buy a gift for someone else next christmas I think.
I'm fussy and get what I want where I want and don't carry giftcards around everywhere with me so they are often forgotten (plus often not valid where I want to get something right now)

A gift card is the lamest thing ever. Shops that sell them suck, people that buy them are fools. Stick cash in a card or something jeez.
It's like treating your friends and family like hobos begging for money. "no, I won't give you cash because you'll use it for drugs/booze, but I'll bring you food/a blanket". Like "can't trust this person with cash they'll use it for blow and hookers" type poo poo and retailers feed on that and hope all the people you buy gift cards for never use them.

My mom gives or sends Chik-Fil-A or Cracker Barrel cards on every occasion you can think of. So if I am ever homeless I guess me and the kids can eat for a few months because while I have nothing against those places I just don't go to either of them more than once a year.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

The northeast is dominated by Subarus too but turbo or modded ones will sometimes wave. I'm not sure if it's my wheels and Hellas or the soobie noobies think mine is a turbo because of the non-functional hood scoop.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Kids would take pictures of my old hawkeye STI, it honestly felt pretty cool.

Out here though, you're just another vape lord. Oh well.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

spog posted:

My greatest hope is that they used an SA gift card to do this.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
OK, I finally got the title for the Majesta. I have it clean AF. I have everything working (including air suspension) EXCEPT for HUD (which I may just not know how to activate, it beeps but its the only thing all in Japanese) and the nagging thing the airbag light is on (idiot transport driver somehow triggered it pulling fuses like a dumbass).

Took it by local Toyota to see if they could clear the light and they told me unless it was in their computer they had no one who could even begin to know. Jesus.

Online says this era LS / Supra you can do some wire "dance" from a port on steering wheel to clear but that doesn't exist on this Japanese model. Anyone? I am about ready to just throw it up for sale and see what happens.

Oh and lastly I still don't know how to remove hood and trunk struts without damaging anything to replace. Their are no pins or clamps.

EDIT: why the F is the picture upside down

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

And I thought my orientation was a problem...

:haw:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

everdave posted:

Did you import via Australia? That's a known problem.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

Online says this era LS / Supra you can do some wire "dance" from a port on steering wheel to clear but that doesn't exist on this Japanese model. Anyone? I am about ready to just throw it up for sale and see what happens.

I've read about that in the LS forums, but the consensus was it's not a good idea to do. I would just leave it be, or if the cluster is relatively easy to take out remove the bulb.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

everdave posted:

LMAO

Any code reader than can read body codes from that era Toyotas will probably retrieve/clear that airbag light code. Post a pic of the hood struts, they probably have c clips or something.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

I've read about that in the LS forums, but the consensus was it's not a good idea to do. I would just leave it be, or if the cluster is relatively easy to take out remove the bulb.

Not a good idea - why? Could fry something?

And probably not going to pull this if there is even a bulb to be pulled:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I need your tire dealer's info.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

Not a good idea - why? Could fry something?

Yeah pretty much, not worth the effort (it's a huge PITA) to possibly fry something for a stupid light. Just ignore it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Minnesota Mixup posted:

My greatest hope is that they used an SA gift card to do this.
LOL

I used to actually be anti giftcard (although maybe not quite as rabid) as I thought they reeked of pure laziness, but I've mellowed a lot. As I've become older I know that I've become impossible to buy for so I typically get gift cards and I'm appreciative of it for many of the reasons stated earlier. I far, far prefer that over some tacky poo poo I'll end up throwing away, donating or just re-gifting to someone and cash would just go straight into my wallet into general cash.

Also, they are a godsend for people with addiction issues that can't be trusted with straight cash.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

angryrobots posted:

LMAO

Any code reader than can read body codes from that era Toyotas will probably retrieve/clear that airbag light code. Post a pic of the hood struts, they probably have c clips or something.

Toyota (here in town, which I like this dealership) brought the lead tech out and he said they got rid of all the old scanners, and anyways I have not found a "port" on this vehicle, doesn't mean one isn't there I just don't know where. On US models it is supposed to be on steering column.

New US LS replacement struts which I am guesstimating are correct have yes your standard C clips, this does not. Will try to get a pic later today.

Yeah pretty much, not worth the effort (it's a huge PITA) to possibly fry something for a stupid light. Just ignore it.

Advice taken and just the thing I needed to hear. Going to do a final detail and throw this thing on the interwebs by the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

slidebite posted:

Also, they are a godsend for people with addiction issues that can't be trusted with straight cash.

Not really, because an addict will just sell a $100 gift card for $50. Better off not buying them anything besides a trip to rehab.

I would honestly rather receive a gift card then get something I didn't need/want and will never use.