Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Any bourbon geeks here? Need a suggestion for good SMOOTH bourbon that isn't too expensive, I'm willing to spend around $100.

Is it for yourself or for someone else? If it's a gift, this is one area a gift card is actually really good!

I don't drink much bourbon, I'm a single malt guy usually. The Whisky/Whiskey Thread is definitely a good place to ask though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ferremit posted:

Gotta love priorities. Friend this morning is bemoaning the fact that Tumblr banned all adult content and heres me sitting here trying to work out how to pay my $130 health insurance bill with the 21c I have left in my bank account till thursday.

That is the sound of opportunity knocking my friend. A little manscaping and some sexy undies, you'll be away laughing.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

mewse posted:

Well in any case, they started it

Twice.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I sense a huge marketing opportunity here. QC, get onto it!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

InitialDave posted:

Run the whole cosmetics gig like a Snap-On truck, too, going round workplaces selling women stuff they never knew they needed on credit.

I hadn't even considered the actual cosmetics as an angle. I just figured that toolbox technology was ripe for co-opting into cosmetics storage.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

64bit_Dophins posted:

The bimmer purchase was delayed because my buddy's gf has mental health issues that needed be addressed this past weekend :(

I did dig up the pic I took of the engine bay.

Looks pretty clean but looks can always be deceiving

Did BMW design the whole range to catch leaf litter in awkward places? The amount of detritus I have to remove every time I open the bonnet or boot on the e36 is shameful

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

DJ Commie posted:

I think we should have a shop/garage/shed stereo thread, because this might be enough SPL to work.

I'll admit it doesn't have the audiophile cred that some others do, and the plinth needs some serious work. But hey, it works :v:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fermented Tinal posted:

Whenever I am held up by traffic, I call my boss and tell him I'm gonna be late.

I'm the only employee who will notify my boss in advance if I am gonna be late.

Things like this are so basic and I can’t believe so many people are incapable of them

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fermented Tinal posted:

The only sour beers worth drinking come from Belgium.

A nice geuze lambic is practically champagne in beer form.

You’re right about lambics but I disagree about country of origin. There are some amazing sour beers coming out of Australia at the moment, and I had a Sour Feijoa beer from 8Wired the other night that was unbelievably good.

As a side note, I dislike it when people talk about incredibly subjective topics in such objective terms.

If you don’t like the taste of something, no problem. It doesn’t mean it’s bad. Everybody is different and we all like different things. Thank gently caress for that, or we would all drive the same car, eat the same soylent, drink the same garbage.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Suburban Dad posted:

From the couple sours I've tried, it's just not for my palate. To each their own.

it took me a long while to come round to drinking sours regularly. I think your palate changes over time. They're also very much a hot weather beer for me.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

meatpimp posted:

Congratulations! Puppies always make everything better.

Especially stews! We should trade recipes

I’m joking, I’m joking!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fender Anarchist posted:

If cars were good they'd always break in the way you thought they did and prepared for.

Wait until you fix the thing you think is broken now and then it turns out that it was the thing that you originally thought was broken, that is in fact, broken.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Victoria B.C. goons -

I'm inbound tomorrow thru to 2nd Jan. I would like to actually meet some of you crazy people this time around :)

(Dont worry, I only play being an rear end in a top hat online. Apparently I'm actually p.chill in real life)

Can confirm. Received a very nice AISS present delivered in person to my workplace last year.

I think I may have overcatered for xmas lunch. Myself, my girlfriend and her parents. I have a ~2kg pork belly and a ~1.5kg lamb shoulder.

Oh well, leftovers are the best bit right?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Merry Xmas everyone!

My nephew seems very happy with the wooden Dump Truck I rescued from hard rubbish and repainted. I had to replace 90% of the wood on it and it’s very much a 10ft paint job but he’s loving pulling it around the neighbourhood.

I hope everyone else has as pleasant a morning as I have!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
AusGoons, Autobarn has Nulon Fully Synthetic 5w-30 5lt for $20 today. I just grabbed 2 so this years oil changes are covered for 1/3 the usual price!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Today I saw an Alfa RZ driving along the freeway. It really bought a smile to my face. That is all.

Upon reflection, it was a boxy boring box. I'm not sure what would possess someone to buy an RZ over an SZ, which is glorious. Oh well, I passed that person today. Left hand drive and everything.

slothrop fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 28, 2018

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
oh hey chat thread!

slidebite posted:

That's lovely :(

In other news, just hooked up my new PS4 pro and realized how much faster my internet connection is vs installing a game (rdr2) directly from the BluRay.

The future is now.

We got suckered in by boxing day sales and got a new TV. It's the first time I've ever had a decent tv and the built in AndroidTV thing is pretty darn good. So I went down the rabbit hole with Plex and associated services last night and yep, the future is now!

AP Bio is pretty great too, we stayed up until like 4 am binge watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
New Binky!!! Something to look forward to when I get home from work. Because that’s what my New Year’s Eve will be :mediocre: