Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Dagen H posted:

It's still at the PO's house, picking it up tomorrow.

May I recommend driving and not lifting

:haw:

How's everyone's weekend wrapping up? Ran a water stand for a marathon on Saturday, otherwise normal weekend festivities here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

The AU contingency seems crankier than usual lately

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I dunno, I'm pretty appreciative when someone gives me something :shrug:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Hugs are great

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Some real grinches ITT today

:ohdearsass:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'd like to point out its Gingerbread House season

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

And I thought my orientation was a problem...

:haw:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

meatpimp posted:

Ah, I missed the GoT reference... probably because I don't watch it. Carry on.

Edit: Oh dear, Urban Meyer is retiring after the Rose Bowl. This city very well may implode.

I've always wondered...if something is beneath him, is it...

Suburban Meyer

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Having controlling and micromanaging Parent’s is how I became the teen who was very very good at keeping secrets from my parents to the point I had my nose pierced and ear gauges and they didn’t find out for two years

Not to mention all the other way less innocent things I managed to hide from them

Go on...

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

New hookup establishment is also going to have my sauce on the menu.

Oh yeah baby

*giggles*

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I bought a Dell e525 3-4 years ago and it's been bulletproof through ~10000 pages. The only thing I wish it had was auto duplexing. I buy my toner from a goon in SAmart - have had 0 quality issues and his stuff is $20/color vs $80/color that Dell charges.

It looks like a rebadged Brother to me, but haven't been able to confirm that online.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

meatpimp posted:

Edit: quick google search shows that it may just be the printer dropping its dhcp lease and I just need to assign it a permanent address... I may try that.

This should solve the problem - I had a similar problem.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

STR posted:

Is it the goon in the Dallas area, that runs Great Cartridge with his dad?

I've bought from him plenty of times (in person when I lived there). Always easy to deal with; he's wandered into AI a few times too. Can't find his thread anymore tho.

Yep - they're good people

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It's just a car dude, if that seriously ruined your year you need some perspective

-edit

Resolved

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Be glad for that, otherwise we'd be poo poo out of luck when tungsten rings got caught on fingers penis.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I know a few assholes that need removing

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Suburban Dad posted:

How do you folks need so much hard drive space? I try not be be a physical or digital hoarder. I think I have maybe 2tb all told, and 1tb is a backup external.

I run a media NAS - I have 32TB with a 32TB offsite backup. Right now I have ~20TB of content, adding about 5TB of content annually.

The onsite are all HGST 8TB drives I shucked out of $160/ea WD EasyStores a few months ago. The offsites are all WD Red 8TB I shucked out of WD EasyStores last year when they were $180/ea.

I'm holding off on the 10TB drives for now, though locally I have seen them as low as $200 on occasion.

I've had reasonably good luck with WD through the years, exception being their Essentials drives (especially the 1.5TB) that were known hot garbage. I still have a pile of working 1 and 2TB drives that ran 24/7 for years with no issues.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

He'll always be Pipkin to me :glomp:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I didn't pay attention to utilities the last time I was in AUS - are those propane tanks? I'm guessing you guys use those like we do Natural Gas?

Also, post catte pictures (nice Wine Shanty btw) :D

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Fermented Tinal posted:

My insurance adjuster sent me the picture of the "small crack" on the front bumper of the Forte that the body shop sent him.

I'm loving pissed. There's no way the appraiser would've overlooked it and there's no way I was driving it around like this before the accident.

Somebody curbed it

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

Why'd you jerks let me buy a house? Painting SUCKS.

We warned you, ya goober

I'm painting over the holidays in advance of new carpet in January. The internal dread is building.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

The Prong Song posted:

The autos have the traditional single-track PRND automatic shift lever. No chance of shifting to first.

Yep - people are stupid, it's always someone else's fault

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm a type A gay dude - so I have all of my sentiments well organized.

And yes gay dudes can be just as bad. I've dated a few.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Adiabatic posted:

Hey speaking of, my dad and sister got to shoot my sniper rifle today. It was a good time.

E: wtf imgur ill fix this later

I'm not a gun guy at all, but my best friend from college was big into them. For his bachelor party we went out to middle-of-nowhere Kansas and did some target practice. One of the guns his father-in-law brought was a sniper rifle. I was terrible with everything else, but could pick off cans at long range all day long. It was the only thing I enjoyed shooting.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

QuarkMartial posted:

Truly heaven on Earth

Ooh baby do you know what that's worth

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Just the tip

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Overheard in line at the grocery this morning:

"If she's pansexual then I must be potsexual"

Not sure if that was an insensitive dad joke or a genuine snipe

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Adiabatic posted:

Merry Christmas Car Friends!

You too, boo!

I just finished staining all of the cabinet surrounds. A couple of coats of poly and I should have my kitchen back by Wednesday.

My family is going bonkers, glad I chose not to spend the holidays with them. It's looking like my parents are trying to out crazy one another. It's a competition with no winners.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

freelop posted:

Merry Corneas!
Autocorrect decided that's what I should wish people
Also merry Christmas!

Which is hilarious because your happy meal has no eyes

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I have a friend who is dating a girl who uses his name in every sentence. It's almost comical. She also has an annoying voice like Janice from Friends which makes it even more comical.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Can we talk about dicks? I hear they sell sporting goods. I hear they are spotted. I hear they have Van Dykes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Adiabatic posted:

I, for one, personally, love dicks.

rear end do i