Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

You Am I posted:

You crazy northerners and your "winter" at this time of the year. It's summer time people

Even then it cant make its loving mind up. Queensland is on fire (as it needs to be) Sydney is underwater (finally getting the wash it needs) and the other parts cant make their loving mind up.

Adelaide's forecast. Tomorrow (Monday). High of 23, low of 14 deg science. Thursday. Low of 22 degrees, high of 37!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Fucks sake... Trying to fix a leaking 90mm stormwater pipe at home and clipped the 25mm high pressure reclaimed water feed running along side it with the sawzall. At 5pm on a sunday. In Australia when NOTHING is open.

Guess whos now got two thumbs and zero flushing toilets?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

You Am I posted:

Bunnings is open till 6pm on weekends

Coincidently i did this on the day where I had to drive the hour into town to pick my parents up from the airport. Except the virgin computer system for AU fried and instead of getting in at 8:30 I’m now sitting at the ikea next to the airport waiting for em to ring me at 10:40pm to say they’re ready to pick up, cos gently caress paying $12 am hr to park the car.

I’ll fix it in the morning

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Took three different shops to find the high speed set glue that I needed to fix my fuckup but now I can flush my toilets again!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Gotta love priorities. Friend this morning is bemoaning the fact that Tumblr banned all adult content and heres me sitting here trying to work out how to pay my $130 health insurance bill with the 21c I have left in my bank account till thursday.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Had another fit of enthusiasm and have been busy again.

Started off by building some material racks for the trailer.

They mean I can fork load material onto the trailer or put long pieces on without having to use boards across the sides. They're using the same pockets I installed for the cage that goes on the trailer too. Gives me the ability to move something thats 5.0x1.8M and around 1000kg! or if its centre line loaded, I can JUST fit a 6M long piece of timber on it.

Which meant I could pick up some supplies and after nearly 4 years, finally build the last fence on our western boundary.

Man it changes the back yards look and feel. Its cut down a MASSIVE amount of wind blowing across the yard. Downside is its killed some of the breeze under the alfresco so i'll have to install a fan under there. Got one post to sink into the ground tomorrow morning with some rapid set concrete and then two more panels to install on the embankment above the tanks and then its all done.

Then I have to install the return to the house and the gate, then a fence between the house and the workshop, then another gate between the workshop and the eastern fence and the back yard MIGHT contain the cats. For a while.

And we made Yakisoba for tea to celebrate!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

I didn't pay attention to utilities the last time I was in AUS - are those propane tanks? I'm guessing you guys use those like we do Natural Gas?

Also, post catte pictures (nice Wine Shanty btw) :D

Its actually a legit track name in one of our National Parks. Apparently there was a legit bootleg wine shanty along the track during the gold rush for people moving between the goldfields north and south of Adelaide. Couldnt pass up the opportunity when we pulled the old signs out to replace them!

Three cattes are definitely a sufficient number of cattes

Yep. Theres an extensive natural gas network too, but thats confined to the major cities- I dont even have reticulated potable mains water where I am (40 odd km from the Adelaide CBD) so we're reliant on rainwater collection for the house supply and LPG tanks for gas needs. We only use ours for our stove and oven, so we get... 18 months or so out of a 45kg cylinder. Our neighbour has his stove, oven and instantaneous hot water running on his and he goes through a 45kg cylinder in about 8 weeks, at around $130 a tank!

redgubbinz posted:

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who got hungry after that AvE video.

Unfortunately we dont have squirrels in Australia and Possums... well they're up there with Koalas for bad eating. Koalas allegedly taste so loving terrible that not even the aboriginal tribes used to eat the loving things!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Humphreys posted:

Emu eggs are wonderful

They are!

(one of the Advantages of working in a wildlife park with an emu population they dont want increasing too much!)

God drat do you get a lot of egg out of one tho- I filled a coffee mug and a half with that one!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Started re-oiling our timber decks. Oh god my knees!!!!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Pain in the Arse, But totally worth it.

drat I love Australian hardwoods

One down, Two more to go. And the back deck is bigger than the front two combined...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

8:30 am and 32 degrees c outside already. Welcome to an Australian Christmas!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

HNNNNGHHHHHH. I'll fuckin' tradeja. 13C and wetter than gently caress :<.

(wanna trade diesels too?)

Someone decided that lunch outdoors was a good idea. Nothing quite says merry Christmas like your scrotum being stuck to your thigh while you wait for the roast to cool down from surface of the sun hot...

May consider diesel swap. At least people might stop pulling out in front of me off if I drove a literal tank...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Current Canada status - watching the girlfriend and her kid build Lego together.

Current Australian status- Slowly melting

http://www.bom.gov.au/sa/forecasts/adelaide.shtml

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

I wish diesel oil went on sale... at 11.4L per fill having to buy a 20L drum every 10K kms gets pretty expensive!

Mate and I were sitting around drinking beer and thought "Man New Years Eve in the Birdsville pub would be a pretty awesome experience!"

Maybe not...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

That's Phoenix grade heat. What's the humidity like?

13-14%, Probably dropping to around 10% when it really gets up there.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Also depends if a cyclone has come thundering in down the gulf country and dumped 10 inches or so of rain, because then all the channel country floods out and you can have 40 degrees and 70% humidity up there.

And roughly 2000 flies per square inch on any surface of your body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Milwaukee M18 One key 1/2” ugga dugga. I sheared off a loving 22mm wheel stud on a tractor with the loving thing trying to undo a wheel nut!