Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Dagen H posted:

From the ad:

Nah.

Looks mint.

Do a thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Dagen H posted:

By popular demand, I present: 2001 Pontiac Aztek: Green car supremacy.

Please enjoy my long, meandering OP with almost no Aztek content :)

This thread pleases me. I'm glad I didn't have to usurp Adiabatic and ban you for your insolence.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Fender Anarchist posted:

Spread mayo lightly on your bread of choice before toasting in a pan. You're welcome.

This is how you make the best grilled cheeses.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Grakkus posted:

I love that Robert Dunn/Aging Wheels' Youtube channel is blowing up. He's funny as hell and the "guy bumbles through working on old weird crap cars" is basically me in my spare time, so I find it super compelling to watch.

Hello Road is growing on me too. It’s some dude who buys cheap weird beaters in California and sometimes LeMons races with the Liam Nissan team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ5jLDOHzks

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Kazinsal posted:

Buuuut it's since I'm moving back home to Vancouver, which means I'll finally be free of the crippling loneliness that comes from living in the geriatric containment zone known as Victoria.

I didn't realize we had billionaires among us :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Fermented Tinal posted:

A silicone wedding ring sounds kinda strange. Like wouldn't it get all torn to hell and be not unlike just using a rubber band?

I have a wood one that is a pretty decent compromise between durability and degloving potential. Plus I won't blow my own finger off with microwaves or a battery terminal like some people I've worked with.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Goober Peas posted:

I know a few assholes that need removing

https://www.amazon.ca/Hunters-Specialties-Butt-Game-Dressing/dp/B002ECKYSA

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Hey look what I found in my garage

Powered it up for first time in probably 20 years.

I am 1000% positive that the memory of the old flight sims is better than actually playing the old flight sims :(

If it still has a black brick power supply, they tend to drift over time and fry chips from overvoltage. The supplies aren't repairable.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

The old 1702 still holds its own though, decent CRT.

My 1702 has seen some pretty good mileage with me, though it's starting to have some odd glitches that I'm not sure how to repair. Still pretty afraid of opening up a CRT.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

You Am I posted:

A grey beard electronics shop will be able to fix it. A lot of those guys prefer working on old stuff like that than newer TVs

Yeah. The local retro game store has a literal wall of broken 1702s they were unable to repair, so I don't think I'll be taking it there. Gotta find an old French dude.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

I can't wait to see who he's replaced by. Probably someone with zero actual military experience.

One of the guys who didn't want to be chief of staff.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Happy birthday, dawg.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Merry Christmas, goons.

Previa_fun posted:

Went to my dad's house for Christmas eve, it was pretty dope. Though it got weird at the end when he pulled my wife and I aside and told us all about this scary story he saw on 60 minutes about plastics and how they're ruining the world and polluting everything and he saw this video of a river of plastic trash and how freaky it was.

I watched him pour old gasoline down a storm drain once. v:shobon:v

You gotta tell him about glitter.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Yeah, seems to be weird caching issues, posts appearing and disappearing. I blame the Russians.

Cloudflare is definitely serving from cache, something funky happening on the backend.

Seems better-ish now.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
It has bad wind noise because at highway speed the roof delaminates. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Goober Peas posted:

I have a friend who is dating a girl who uses his name in every sentence. It's almost comical. She also has an annoying voice like Janice from Friends which makes it even more comical.

One of my coworkers read How To Win Friends And Influence People and tooled around the office for a month using everyone's first name in every sentence directed at them.