Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Geoj posted:

Most (all?) minivans are just big FWD cars.

Short of severe weather/blizzard conditions you should be fine. Just give yourself extra following distance, drive like a grandma and treat pedal inputs as if there was a newborn puppy laying behind the pedals - light, slow & deliberate - if there is snow visible on the road.

Honestly driving on snow isn't as bad as you may have been led to believe - it's ice that you need to watch out for.

Seconding this. Don't make any sudden movements and be wary of bridges, as they ice over first before anything else.

Rhyno posted:

Chicken breast, sliced semi thin. Very lightly oiled. maybe 20 minutes at 400? Toss in whatever sauce you most enjoy and there you go, no need to ever go out for chicken wings again.

So....any chance you're going to be making more of that hot sauce?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

64bit_Dophins posted:

Going to buy a $500 e39 530i this weekend.

I will post pics in the BMW thread and this one.

I saw it last weekend and the interior is beyond hosed but the reset of the car seems pretty mint.

Make a thread when you get it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

STR posted:

Is it the goon in the Dallas area, that runs Great Cartridge with his dad?

I've bought from him plenty of times (in person when I lived there). Always easy to deal with; he's wandered into AI a few times too. Can't find his thread anymore tho.

I don't think he posts anymore.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

code:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Zune* | Remove-AppxPackage
....what? Zune is still a thing?

MomJeans420 posted:

Bought an HP Elitebook which is supposed to be their "business" line of laptops, and it still came with INCREDIBLE amounts of HP software installed. I started trying to uninstall everything but it was taking so long that I said gently caress it and just installed Win 10 clean from a USB drive, which will be my new "1st thing I do" when I get new laptops. Most of the drivers worked out of the box, win 10 didn't detect the audio automatically but that's only a 400MB (?!) download from HP's website. Then it's just the matter of turning off all the stupid poo poo Microsoft wants you to turn on. They really don't want you to move to Firefox on Win 10 lol, I guess they're no longer worried about anti-trust suits.

I have complaints against Ubuntu, but the current Windows experience is so lovely Microsoft wouldn't stand a chance if they were a new player in the OS market.

These days, I prefer some flavor of Ubuntu on my laptop. I mainly web browse and don't do anything that requires Windows.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

With this newfound EMT kick I've been watching medical videos to see if I'm too squeamish.

I just watched an appendectomy with the couple incisions and the camera and I cannot believe the weird parallels between surgery and working on a car.

Alright who needs their appendix removed?

I know I'm a bit late with this but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTVzpkb3vZw

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Solus posted:

Every week I'm tempted to trade in my 2018 Civic for a 2018 Toyotoa GT86 and I definitely love wasting money

You can always trade it in towards a Si too.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I should have just gone with 5G but for some reason I wanted this. Ugh, Still feel gross hours later.

It's that time of the month where we talk about burgers/5 guys isnt' it?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Powershift posted:

Gymkhana 10 is out and it's pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_KBvP0_8Tc

RIP Cossie :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

STR posted:

Went to visit parents, came home with an oldish laptop (2010?).

Still, free laptop is best laptop. Slapped a spare SSD in, trying to get a Win10 upgrade on it (I know most legit paths are shut down, trying one I suspect still works) - if I can't, I'm either stuck with Win7 or going to toss Linux on it. It's a Pentium T4400 w/4GB RAM, not exactly a powerhouse, and the battery is toasted (meh, :20bux: for a knockoff on Amazon), but it'll be nice to have a laptop again.

The kicker: it only has one RAM slot. Did they ever make 8GB DDR2 sticks, or did they max out at 4GB? It'd be nice to slap 8GB in, but I'm not having any luck with the googles.

Someone sells Windows 10 keys for $25 in SA Mart. If you go the Linux route, I'm a big fan of Ubuntu MATE.

Are you sure it's ddr2? It seems late to be running ddr2.