Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

STR posted:

Why the gently caress am I having to run the AC in December?

And what's up with this poo poo?

some dumb poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm stuck in a tiny bit of snow during a already once delayed service call because my employers are so cheap they buy 2wd trucks in the northeast, lol.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They're not drunk enough.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Baby, I'm always in season.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Well you honestly sound like a bitchy teenager defending teenager rights when there aren't many to begin with.

Driving isn't a right just because they can, neither is using the internet, and if you think teenagers should be left to their own devices you're daft.

Do your kids have security cams in their bedrooms? Y/n

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
House closed, time to spend the next week off work, so i can work.

Now to sell mine and build that 30x40 pole barn...

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Congrats! I ripped out carpeting all morning! Home ownership is a curse!

When you're poor and have kids, you just clean, scotchguard and pray..

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
You literally only have to deal with the clunky interface once...

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Darchangel posted:

I get paid hourly with no PTO.
I can't afford to miss work, so fukc 'em - I'm going to get everyone *else* sick.

Hi there! Only replace "minimal" with "no".

I don't deal with it at all. Literally every network-capable printer I've worked with since 2000 (admittedly, this would be mostly HP printers) have a built in webserver. They're set to DHCP out of the box. Let it acquire an IP, then print out the configuration page to get that IP. Go to that IP from a browser on a PC on the same network and set up everything else there, including a static IP.
Printers still suck, which is amazing in TYOOL 2018.

edit: goddammit. I forgot to get my leftovers from our team lunch today before they cleaned out the fridge. This included a full piece of eggnog cheesecake, as well as the remainder of the salmon and rice I had. Nuts. I mean, I didn't pay for it, but I hate wasting good food, and it was good.

That's definitely harder than using a two button keypad once. You literally scroll down to your said and punch in your password.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
i've convinced my father we need to buy a SCUT, instead of a lawn tractor. Cause gently caress the TT K46, but also because gently caress yeah moving snow with a bucket and back blade.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

I've considered one of these more than one times.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

First load done. Owning a 14' diesel box truck makes poo poo like this super convenient, but also makes you the ultimate "friend with a truck".

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Sketchy is the previous tenants driving by, seeing me, then passing to talk to the neighbors behind before taking off.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

Make sure the locks have been changed.

New locksets are on their way for the doors, the garages are padlocked, thankfully.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I just painted our living and dining areas. gently caress. PAINTING.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

The Prong Song posted:

Welcome back, STR found a woman so good she made him switch teams. Or he's pinch hitting. Or something something baseball.

Don't worry, he's looking to get released from his contract and go free agent again.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Why has no one told me about Sour beers before? WHY?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Suburban Dad posted:

Because they're poo poo, IMO. They're the new hotness in the craft beer world though.

Jack's Abby's Cranberry Berliner would like a word with you, young man.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Applebees Appetizer posted:

My son just turned 11. The other day he was making a bunch of noise in his room so I went to investigate and this was the exchange

:colbert: what are you doing
:cheeky: why do you care
:colbert: excuse me?
:cheeky: it was a simple question
:colbert: well here's a simple answer, you're loving grounded

He's already a teenager :smithicide:

Unless you're having ongoing issues, that seems like a heck of an overreaction.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I just told the woman that has been burning up the back of my mind for the better part of a decade+ to tell me if there's no chance, and she said she can't do that to my wife. Oops.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

It's definitely the first one. Been torturing himself off and on about "what could have been", then asked the crush in question to squash it.

Which she couldn't do honestly, because she does like gbhm, but she's not gonna be the other woman/she likes his wife as a person too much.

Gbhm have you considered trying to open your relationship

Ding! Except my friend is married, but her husband is in prison, and with another married dude who is giving her the "i'll make my decision soon" line of poo poo.

But i'd rather just cut out my wife completely!

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Yeah that dudes decision is gonna be to stay with his wife. If there's long term waffling at all, poo poo won't be changing.

You need to talk to your wife, like, right now. If you've got the means to get out on your own you owe it to her to be honest sooner rather than later.

Yeah, i told her that's the classic player move, but she's too afraid of being alone to face it.

Also, lol, my wife knows our marriage is dead, and has been for the better part of a decade.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

ilkhan posted:

If its been dead for a year why are you still, you know, married? And/or opening the marriage should be no problem.

We all have kids, lol.

spog posted:

At the very least, you now have some metal-as-gently caress ideas for what to do with the ring.

I'd have to find it first! I don't think i've worn it in a decade.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Fermented Tinal posted:

Staying together "for the kids" is a pretty terrible reason to stay together and your kids will resent you for it.

Speaking from experience, though after my brother and I were out of the house the flame re-ignited. Is that something you're willing to risk?

Logically, i know that. But being the product of a divorced couple, my brokebrains keep telling me to stay.

Also, "reigniting" anything with her sounds terrible tbh. I just want my space.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

spog posted:

You're unhappy, wife is unhappy, potential new woman is unhappy, kids know it.

Plus if you moved out, you could get a new car. Perhaps a bitchin' van.

Dude, i have a KLR650, a '05 Wrangler Unlimited without a top and a '02 Isuzu NPR with a 14" box. I'm already living the hobo dream.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Fermented Tinal posted:

This is what your kids will be like in their 30s, just so you know.

MODS

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Adiabatic posted:

Eh it's the end of 2018... y'all must just be getting the "gently caress 2018"s out now.

Didn't you read? My attempt to get the gently caress 2018s out was shot down.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Could be worse!

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

shy boy from chess club posted:

2018 would have been a pretty good year for me. I've collected enough parts over the last couple of years to work on all my projects whenever I have time. My job is seasonal so I have no time in the summer for much and in the winter more time than money.

This is the year where Im finally pretty good at time management for the seasons and especially my own time during the week getting work scheduled and completed on time. I always have to deal with the weather but I've got that down pretty good now too.

All of that combined with finding a new doctor who is really good. He got me to care about my health a lot more and to finally take care of my mental health. My mental health was ruining my life in way bigger ways than I realized.

I don't think I mentioned it in this thread only my own but I lost my best friend this summer. We had been living together for a couple of years but she was regressing to using drugs and not working any more and just taking advantage of our friendship with me taking care of all the bills. She tried going to rehab a couple of times but kept leaving so I had to kick her out to go live with her dad and go to rehab and stay clean. I told her she could leave her stuff here and get it after she had gotten out of rehab but I hoped that she was going to stay clean this time and she could stay here. I didn't tell her that part because I wanted her to do everything for herself, not me. It really seemed like she was ready to quit this time. Eventually I was going to ask her to marry me. We had talked about that for like ten years on and off, she was my best friend and I loved her more than anyone else by a lot. She always had problems with drugs and we both did previously so I wasn't one to judge and I never did. After my mom died me and her were Sid and Nancy, Kurt and Courtney or insert whatever bad example of a co-dependent couple youd like. I just never wanted to spend my life with a junkie since I had been one and I know the life and it never ends well.

The last time I saw her she came to the house to get something and she came up to me all excited telling me she quit D (we called it dope, d for short) and of course I had that flicker of hope I'd had a million times before over the last 20 years we knew each other. Anyone who knows an addict has had it. That hope combined with despair it might happen again feeling. Excited but cautious. Hopeful but wary. I came home for lunch on July 3rd and got a text from her brother that she was gone. Didn't say what it was but I knew. All he said was that she had passed and that he knew how much she loved me. God I miss her so much. I think about her constantly. I have dreams where she's still alive all the time.

I can't say 2018 was poo poo since that is going to last more than just the end of this year. Definitely until the end of my life. I lost my mom when I was 24 so I know how it goes. Can't be mad about it and there's nothing to do but live and enjoy life. All of it. Even the lovely stuff because there are amazing things too. The unexpected ones are always the best ones and a lot of little good things make large good ones.

My sister and I are really close to our great aunt and uncle. They weren't able to have kids so when we came along they sort of adopted us as their own. They've had as much of an influence on our lives as our parents have for sure. They were really close with our mother too and when she died we were really lucky to all have each other. They are getting really old now, into their 80s so my sister and I talk about how much we will miss them when they are gone. I was over her house yesterday fixing her car and we talked about that a lot. They are both healthy as they can be for being old but still. My aunt helps me with my tax book. She's really good at it but it's mostly so we just can spend that time together. Earlier this week we set up a time to meet up so I could give her my receipts and stuff like that and my uncle was going to uconn today so it being just me and her we decided to go out to eat and make it a date. I was looking forward to it all week and we had a blast today just talking about my nephews and how much we like Vermont, she grew up there, and it was just a great time. Telling her my stories and listening to hers.

I think a lot about what the last few moments of my life might be like. We all are going to have to face that, it's the absolute universal experience that every single person is going to have eventually. What will you think about? What will you want to think about? Definitely something that would make you smile, something that will make you feel good, some experience that made you feel real true undeniable love. It probably won't be some big huge thing like maybe graduating high school or getting married or finally the day you have enough to retire on and live the rest of your life without worry about getting up to go to work. For me it may be that kinda warm for the season slightly cloudy day I went to lunch with my aunt at The Chuck Wagon.

I'm going to try and.get out there in January, and if you aren't around, I'll be sad.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Well, that was the most anticlimactic breakup, lol.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

STR posted:

I used to be the same way - I would never get rid of anything. But about 8 years ago I just threw almost everything out except for clothing, furniture currently being used, and, well, my old comic books (which I still have... I really need to toss most of them into recycling, 99% of them aren't worth poo poo). The only things I have in storage are a PC, my TV, end table, and decor. I have dishes and cookware at the apartment.

The garage is still a tight fit. At least now I can open one door halfway though.

Separating is so loving hard. My (ex) wife has mad anxiety and depression, so she'll let trash pile up, and her cats crap/piss all over, which is one of the major factors of breaking up with her.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Adiabatic posted:

If it's Miata I'm absolutely going to like it.

The Miata only makes it better.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Queen Combat posted:

His moneyshot line is loving awesome:

I can imagine his secretary he must have dictated this to lifting his hands from the keyboard and giving him a sly :ocelot: after hearing that line.

please don't defame ocelot by comparing him to anyone in contemporary politics., plzkthx.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

spog posted:

Yeah, but there you'd probably light the entire sky up with the .50 machine guns that were gifted to Barney Fife.

That's why the london police couldn't stop it there. They couldn't throw their batons high enough to hit the drones.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
shut the gently caress up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Guns can be fun for plinking. I know not everyone is super hip on guns here but plinking is primally a fun thing. Wildest thing I’ve shot was a friends full auto/suppressed. I think a Mac 12? Dudes if you have a chance to shoot something full auto do it.

$10 worth of 9mm gone in about three seconds :iia:

Sorry, liking guns that aren't handed down grand pappy bolt action makes you a alt right nutter.