Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Suburban Dad posted:

I haven't really done any Christmas shopping. And I don't really want to, either. I don't want anything and don't want people to waste money on useless crap for me but I'm sure it'll happen anyway. Why can't you just tell your family "Let's just not this year?" and it actually happen? Seems everyone has guilt in not buying garbage for people.

:capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Eh, I get the utility of things like spa/experience and restaurant gift cards, some people need that restriction/push to actually spend something on themselves. Store gift cards on the other hand are a lame gift for the most part if only because they're the minimum effort gift, although if that's their request and they're planning on making a bigger purchase with it, why not.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Re: Subaru wave

Locally we have a lot of subies and the wave seems to be restricted to the turbo models and the obvious enthusiasts (some form of visible modification).

Bog standard crosstrek aint giving a wave back.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Better off not buying them anything besides a trip to rehab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWQiXv0sn9Y

Even that doesn't seem like a good option. :(

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Yeah, I learned my lesson about being overly patient with a lost bumper shipped with greyhound. I let my window for a charge back/dispute lapse and welp I'm out a few hundred and a bumper.

poo poo, but I'll be a lot more aggressive and attentive of time windows for when orders go wrong.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Ryno is surrounded by terrible people, news at 11.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Tomarse posted:

I just had a ‘beyond meat’ burger.
It significantly weirded me out (but was good!)

Have any of you proper meat eating goons had one?

A&W Canada has these and they're better than they have any right to be. Personally I quite liked it and I'm an avid meat consumer.

Compared to stuff I tried when I was kid, it's come a very long way.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Rhyno posted:

He's a struggling single parent dealing with a rotten ex wife who is blaming the child for her problems.

So yeah, you can go gently caress yourself for that one buddy.

Yeah, that was in poor taste.

How is the ex wife blaming the kid? Saying that it's likely for attention? I agree with the sentiment above that attention is likely something she does actually need at this time. If she's really as reclusive as you stated, how much faith do you have in the father having a comprehensive understanding of the troubles she's going through. How did you/they come to the tumbler being the last straw conclusion?

From the sounds of it this is going to be a difficult time for that family, and while likely that the ex is a terrible person, I doubt she'd genuinely want to do/say anything that'll hurt her daughter. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Ooof, a 130 mile commute each way would be killer, the fuel costs alone are probably crazy.

I'm spoiled with an 8 minute commute, only sucks in winter because none of my cars warm up on such a short drive. Not a bad trade off as it means I don't have to spend time in traffic and I can go home and cook a hot lunch daily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

opengl128 posted:

Hail satan

WHITE BLACK WHALE