Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Going to buy a $500 e39 530i this weekend.

I will post pics in the BMW thread and this one.

I saw it last weekend and the interior is beyond hosed but the reset of the car seems pretty mint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

mariooncrack posted:

Make a thread when you get it.

I will!

Picking it up on Saturday.

I went to see it last weekend but we couldn't get it to start. Gonna bring some jumper cables this time and it should fire up.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
The past two printers I've had have been brother laser B&W printers. They're great but good luck configuring the wireless networking features on that loving 70s calculator screen.

I just plug them in with ethernet and they're great. I get Chinese ink for like $15 a cart and it lasts a year more or less.

Printers are poo poo technology just like bad tools.

In other news my Honda is not burning a quart of oil for every other tank of gas so that's cool.

(I'm always looking at new cars b/c I know this could last 100 miles or 100,000,000 miles)

The F series Honda motors are the functional drunks of the automotive world (those and the late 90s corollas).

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Oh man we're amp posting now?

By the time I get off work you guys will be on a different topic but I have a print mint setup Marantz and all.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Queen Combat posted:

Marantz quad with the scopes is my dream.

I just have a 2235b I'm not that rich (above the poverty line now tho!).

I use that and a pair of Kef c30s. So warm and fuzzy :3

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
The bimmer purchase was delayed because my buddy's gf has mental health issues that needed be addressed this past weekend :(

I did dig up the pic I took of the engine bay.

Looks pretty clean but looks can always be deceiving

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

slothrop posted:

Did BMW design the whole range to catch leaf litter in awkward places? The amount of detritus I have to remove every time I open the bonnet or boot on the e36 is shameful

I'm assuming it has something to do with German sadomasochism. Kind of like how you can unlock the car if the battery is dead.

Either that or they just did it as a middle finger to the north american market (kind of like the cupholders in the e39 lol).

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Is that a Cobalt?

drat how do you gently caress up that hard?

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

meatpimp posted:

What the gently caress is up with those? I was looking last week after seeing a ... Buick... wagon on a tv commercial. I knew nothing about them. 250hp ain't much, but at a $30k buy-in with a 4-year warranty, it certainly looks the part.

I was just talking about this the other day with my dad.

I seriously don't understand how Buick even still exists tbh.

I heard that the brand does really well in China?

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Mr-Spain posted:

So I don't think I need an excuse to go to a car show, but I'm trying to get some buds to go to Radwood in Austin next February the 23rd. As far as I know it's at Driveway Austin Motorsports as far as I can tell right now. So anyone in Austin or around there (I'm going from Houston) we can meet up for 80's-90's car whatnot. Entrance is ten bucks, to show a car (1980-1999) is $30. Kids 12 and under free.

I missed the radwood show at road Altanta earlier this year and I wish I could go.

It should be a really good time.

I have a friend that recently moved to Austin and I'm trying to meet up with him but given my work schedule probably not :(

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

freelop posted:

Glad it's not just my eye that twitches when people get this wrong

Hey you wanna play with a legos?

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
If anyone in Atlanta/North Georgia is looking for a Miata this one is pretty drat mint (for the price and with the exception of the paint).

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/1994-mazda-miata/6775089090.html

I would buy it myself honestly but I'm buying an e39 soon lol.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

mariooncrack posted:

Someone sells Windows 10 keys for $25 in SA Mart. If you go the Linux route, I'm a big fan of Ubuntu MATE.

Are you sure it's ddr2? It seems late to be running ddr2.

Thanks for the heads up on the Windows 10 licenses. I've been needing one for the past few months now.

STR posted:

Lol, less than half that, but I do have an Office 365 sub, courtesy of the university I attended for 2 semesters.

For whatever reason, they never deactivated my access to Office; I have to login through the university's email system (which is just hosted by OWS anyway), then go through a few drop downs, but I have access to Office 365 (5 PC license) through that. It's been 6 years since I attended. :iiam:

It seems to be tied to my Microsoft account, which is... through the university. So if they ever kill that account, uh, guess I'm gonna have to do a reinstall of Windows. Maybe I should make a local-only admin account someday... :v: They normally keep their .edu email accounts active for all alumni, but I didn't graduate, so I don't qualify as alumni. Not complaining.

They never canceled mine either and if they do I'm going to call and complain. I should have office for life for the amount I paid to get my degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

STR posted:

If you have a working Win7/8/8.1 install (as in activated), you can download the Windows 10 installation media creator and click "upgrade this computer". It still works, for some reason.

Oh awesome. Yeah I've been using the same copy of 7 ultimate for the past 6 years.