Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I have no holiday money, school is difficult, my parents have disowned me, I can't numb my boredom at night with alcohol, and my peenor doesn't really work anymore (and likely never will again).

This is by far the best time I've ever had in my life.

Queen Combat fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Dec 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Nah that was last month, let December blossom into it's own mix of gently caress Yeah, Awesome! and gently caress 2018 events.

Also don't know if I said it but neighbor is going to rehab and most likely moving out and back in with parents, which in itself can be a good thing if things were really where they appeared to be.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I'm wondering if anybody has asked, does it have the tent?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

spog posted:

Don't view an old relationship through a rose-tinted dick.

When you view a relationship through a rose-tinted dick, all the red wedding nights look just like nights.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Ooh mayo works well as a dip for extra-crispy fries, or a dab of it on some plain rice if you're poor (it adds a kind of fat flavoring to it and makes it feel less one-dimensional). Also if you haven't ever made sriracha mayo I don't even know what to say (it only takes a tiny dab of sriracha for a dipping cup of mayo to make it delicious, perfect for burgers that may have extra pepper).

It's an oil/egg flavor, so it works well with fruity spicy flavors (like sriracha or cholula, for some off-the-shelf examples), or spiced pineapple burgers. It lives in a kind of similar space as avocado on the flavor spectrum, and where it can be used.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
E85 just about always gets worse mileage, the point is it should be cheaper at the pump (and therefore per mile), with cleaner emissions.

Whether this panned out, eh

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
My dell has given me 10,000+ pages without issues, but no wifi and the only wifi card available for it is like 802.11G and WEP only.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
My Dell 3130CN is a beast but it has duplexing and the 500-sheet addon tray too. Lifetime fuser so far: 185,000 pages lol

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Class in five hours and I can't sleep. Hold my caffeine I'm going in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEvTmF0FqU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Happy 32 to me. I bought myself a Caboodle because holy poo poo they brought these back

However, the tray it has for <things> (seriously this is all new to me, I have zero idea what's supposed to go in there) is too shallow for the <things> I want to put in there. They hit the mirror.

However, I do have a 3D printer, and Solidworks.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I've made a huge mistake :negative:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I agree with you TPS but also gently caress those scooters.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
And I have a feeling the incidents involving cars result in more serious injuries. Instead of "scraped wrist from handlebars," it become "dead."

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I've got this set up and...feel the need to hit up the Bookmans.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

IOwnCalculus posted:

Do it. Bookman's is loving awesome.

Oh boy was it crowded today! And some of their prices are pants-on-head dumb. However! I did pick up a few required items.

Like, required. They wouldn't let me leave without doing so.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I assume you already have Discovery aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this which is the best one-hit wonder ever made due to the group (Bangalter and Braxe) only releasing the one song?

*edit: related, I finally got around to readjusting the speaker setup in the workshop. :black101: :black101: :black101:

Good stereo separation :v:
(I'm kidding, obviously)

They didn't have The Best Album (Discovery), but a trip to discogs solved that right quick. I'm also on the hunt for a few specific albums that I'm probably going to have to buy online, but it gives me good motivation to get outside.

Since I'm still in an apartment, I have to keep the big speakers packed away. However these PSB bookshelfs aren't bad, though I prefer my Koss Pro/4AA headphones.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Marantz quad with the scopes is my dream.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
The news made me think we'd be holding a mod election soon.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
That particular name is just used for their music store/player. It's not the actual Zune software.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Don't want to put holes into my apartment walls, but I want to put up some lights. Solution!

Put two hooks on there so I can run a double string, one solid and one animated. I feel like a god drat genius.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
That deserve usage of the newest smiley:

:ohno:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Suburban Dad posted:

I feel like this is going to turn into "post your wedding rings ITT"

LloydDobler posted:

Nah, you have to nip that poo poo in the bud

I like my wedding ring:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

tetrapyloctomy posted:

There is all sorts of poo poo at work that I wish I could record and stream.

My friend have you heard of Figure1?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Her name is lil baby thunderfist

Almost as good as Stormageddon.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

STR posted:

My dick just turned into an innie.

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
That's gonna be a loving yikes from me, dog.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
2018 has been weird. For myself: excellent. For the world at large: holy poo poo bad

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, thank you Amazon. Instead of to the apartment, you dropped the package four feet from the sidewalk, outside the front office, at night, literally spotlighted.

:thumbsup:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Just finished chatting with Amazon, they said "we have to investigate with the carrier before we can do anything." I don't know what kind of investigation they need to do other than, "Was it actually delivered here, or did you mysteriously take a photo of it delivered then put it back into your car?" but whatever.

Also what kind of quest requires a Daft Punk vinyl, two extension cable adapters, a hairbrush, a fountain pen, and various colors of metallic lipsticks?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Upon reflection that quest is my life.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Bravo!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
So like the purple-tier loot would be a Spotify gift card, a big portable Anker battery, a curling iron, a Pilot G2, and a Sephra coupon?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

ExplodingSims posted:

Yo so everybody needs to go see the new Spiderman movie. It's very great.

:emptyquote:

I saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse in Tempe, and chilling with a fried egg sandwich and boozy milkshake was amazing.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
What if cars...are good?

E: What the gently caress, Scottsdale has robot grocery cars?!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I really, really think it's fake (sets four expensive phones down carefully, everybody verbalizes their actions), but still love it.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Humphreys posted:

I just scored a 'Smart' Airconditioner controller as everything in my house is old and doesn't have any form of remote access:

Actually very surprised it paired with my lovely old Teco with just a press of the original remote button. All functions supported.

Will be testing out the Geofencing poo poo tomorrow when I leave the house and see the logs whether or not it actually turned off when I left home and turned on on my designated GPS radius. I am eternally forgetting to turn the bedroom AC off so worth a try.

In the meantime, I'm port scanning it and tempted to tear it apart and see if it's just an ESP32 with fancy webapps.

EDIT: Seems to be part of Philips Hue products as far as the OS probe.

Yo, I got one of these in March because we have lovely in-wall hotel AC units and it's great.

Unfortunately the geofencing doesn't work too well, the app suspends in the background too quickly, even with battery saver turned off specifically for it. So, instead I use an IFTTT task to have it turn on and off based on whether or not I'm connected to my home wifi.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I did it, but you're not gonna like it.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I do my yearlies in class, but I can imagine.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
His moneyshot line is loving awesome:

quote:

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.

I can imagine his secretary he must have dictated this to lifting his hands from the keyboard and giving him a sly :ocelot: after hearing that line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

slidebite posted:

Carl Sagan passed away 22 years ago today. One of those people that I heard of at the time, but for me it took me a few more years after his death to really appreciate him.

"We live in an in-between universe, where things change, all right. But according to patterns, rules. Or, as we call them, laws of nature."