Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

STR posted:

Why the gently caress am I having to run the AC in December?

And what's up with this poo poo?

lowta.cx got his poo poo hacked again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Fo3 posted:

It's usually ended up expired or from a company that didn't honour it.
Suck it up and realize buying them is loving retarded.

in the US it's illegal for GCs to expire. Also, Amazon gift cards are the bomb. If 10 people can give me $50 gift card I can now buy myself a $500 item I really wanted.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

MomJeans420 posted:

...but seeing as how I'll be throwing them in the trash if I see them in my area, I'm going with convert.

Now why in the world would you want to do that? You've got kinda on-demand transportation over reasonable distances in metropolitan areas that is also very very cheap for a point-to-point option...and you hate it because?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

QuarkMartial posted:

It's a band-aid solution to public transportation problems. They end up piled everywhere so they clog sidewalks so people, in particular people with disabilities, can't get through. They're motorized and afaik not allowed on streets, so if they ride on sidewalks it's a collision hazard for pedestrians.

They're not a "band-aid" solution to public transportation "problems". Number one, public transportation in the USA is not a problem; those metropolitan areas which can support public transport networks already do so as I have gone on and on about previously. Secondly, there seems a simple solution for that issue. Much like all the local authorities have done in my area - if you want your scooters in our town, their location has to be monitored and they have to be redistributed on a daily basis, with at least *insert percentage here* placed in areas with poor bus coverage and in lower-income areas. Thirdly, "it's a collision hazard for pedestrians" - OK, so are bikes, unmotorized scooters, rollerbladers, skateboarders, etc. Hell, joggers are a collision hazard for pedestrians. So? It's the responsibility of the person operating the scooter to do so in a safe fashion.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

jamal posted:

I wonder what the biggest hazard is to pedestrians. Probably electric scooters, right?

The biggest hazard to pedestrians are morons who don't look out for pedestrians.

EDIT: To further state; it doesn't matter what someone's driving/riding/operating. If they aren't being careful, eventually someone's going to get hosed up, that someone may not be the operator, and it's going to be the operator's fault.

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 9, 2018

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

keykey posted:

Quoted for truth. It's my least favorite part of anything house related. For me, it was synonymous with this line from 2010-2012 "OH MY GOD, I JUST SAW A PINTEREST THAT..."

Wait, I think I dropped off AI too long last time.

Welcome back, STR found a woman so good she made him switch teams. Or he's pinch hitting. Or something something baseball.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

angryrobots posted:

Can't gently caress 2018, can't gently caress some dude's wife, can't gently caress anything

You can always gently caress your own life up!

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Rhyno posted:

Ugh.

Stopped for Burger Fi after a major craving and it just didn't live up to the expectation. Yuck.

There is a BurgerFi near where I live, that is also not good. And yet, there's always a crowd there in the evenings.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Apropos of nothing, I was looking through recalls and NHTSA complaints on the lady's car and came across this:

some guy who knows about cars I tell you hwhat posted:

SUDDEN, HARD AND DANGEROUS DOWNSHIFT TO I THINK FIRST. YOU CAN BE GOING SLOW AND IT COULD HAPPEN BUT IT JUST HAPPENED TO ME AT 40 OR 50 MILES AN HOUR. YOU PUSH THE GAS A LITTLE AND NO ACCELERATION AND I MEAN NOTHING AND THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN . YOU PUSH SOME MORE AND STILL NOTHING HAPPENS. THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN IT SLAMS INTO I THINK FIRST. I ALMOST HIT THE STEERING WHEEL AND A CAR BEHIND ME HAD TO SWERVE. I KNOW A BIT ABOUT CARS AND I CAN TELL YOU I'M SHOCKED IT'S ENGINEERED THAT THIS CAN HAPPEN. I SEE A FEW PEOPLE ONLINE HAVE HAD A SIMILAR ISSUE. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'LL DO ANYTHING, I'M JUST LETTING YOU KNOW.

Gave me a little giggle.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Liquid Communism posted:

Dial shifter? I've heard of people money-shifting those without realizing it.

The autos have the traditional single-track PRND automatic shift lever. No chance of shifting to first.

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
EDIT: Nevermind. I need to remember to keep the huge majority of opinions to myself; in this age we live in of social media justice, snap decisions based on little to no info, and guilty-until-proven-innocent-but-hey-you're-still-guilty.