Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Darchangel posted:

I'm all for this. I just like spending a day with family.
That said, my parents decided to get me LASIK for Birthday/Christmas/etc., and I am so very stoked, and very grateful. I've worn glasses since third grade, which was 40 years ago. I've wanted this pretty much since I knew it existed. The left eye was done several weeks ago - implant, rather than LASIK because they found the start of a cataract. Now that's healed enough, I've got the LASIK scheduled on the right eye this week (which already has an cataract implant from 4 years ago.) The only part that sucks is that I can't wear the contact for the right eye this week, so I either have to wear my regular glasses and not be able to see out of the left, or wear reading glasses and still not be able to see out of the right. Either option is giving me a headache.
Thursday cannot come fast enough. Lasers!

Serious talk: this is a good opportunity to use an eyepatch for a few days!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

ilkhan posted:

Let me know when you are out here.
Also Truckee is CA.

Truckee Fact: If you're passing through and need a haircut, the owner at Loft, on the main street is good and will chat about snowboarding. IIRC he has a Good Dog too.

meltie fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 6, 2018

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
Posting in the chat thread from a van on the Autobahn at 160kph :coolfish:

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Adiabatic posted:

Living your best life.

Today I have visited service stations in Germany, Belgium, France, on a Ferry and in the UK ☕️

(german ones are easily the best)

meltie fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 30, 2018

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

freelop posted:

How did you fit a ferry into a service station let alone the entire UK??

Today I went for a walk with my fiancée's family. It's a fair trade living in a crap port town when the lake district are so close by.
Picked up some Grasmere gingerbread too.
My back has been killing me recently but walking helps a tonne so by the end of today it was great, sadly I had to come home and do some work on the computer so it's back to being awful.

Whoops! TBF we had the Full English in the ferry's cafe so it was kinda the same as a service station