Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Elmnt80 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjiS20NqNqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdT_BygNBZs

Dear god help I can't stop listening to this man's music. I'm gonna die if I find a jukebox that will play this man's music at some lovely hick bar. But know this, I'll die loving laughing.

You'll be fine. David Allan Coe and Chris LeDoux were fuckin' with it long before now.

Not to mention that anybody in country who's got a problem with drugs never met Willie Nelson or any of the Williams boys. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQANmQO2g0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

shy boy from chess club posted:

A couple years ago one of my AI friends, ace, went to take his Toyota through the mud in my front yard and he got it buried to the frame. I figured I could get it out with my tractor with 4wd and rear locker. Nope, got that stuck too. Then took my dump truck and that had the leaf sucker still on it to try that and got that stuck too. I put out the bat signal to any of my friends with lifted trucks with huge tires. The down the street friend with a lifted Ford was able to pull the Toyota and my tractor out and Ace got the sucker truck out himself somehow. All together it started at like 1 in the afternoon and by 10 we had everything back on dry land. That day sucked but it's funny now.

I worked in an ag-lime pit one summer and we managed to sink an end-loader in wet lime up to mid-wheel. I had to go rescue the driver with a cherry picker so we could go get the dozer to drag it out, and that was real touchy. Hell of a day.

Goober Peas posted:

May I recommend driving and not lifting

:haw:

How's everyone's weekend wrapping up? Ran a water stand for a marathon on Saturday, otherwise normal weekend festivities here.

Just scored tickets for my best friends and I to a NCAA bowl game as a Christmas present. Gonna be goood.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Suburban Dad posted:

I haven't really done any Christmas shopping. And I don't really want to, either. I don't want anything and don't want people to waste money on useless crap for me but I'm sure it'll happen anyway. Why can't you just tell your family "Let's just not this year?" and it actually happen? Seems everyone has guilt in not buying garbage for people.

:same:

Mom and I trade gift certs for cool local shops and/or books mostly and my sibs don't bother since I'm the only one without a herd of kids, or we do a White Elephant for all the adults. it works out.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Any bourbon geeks here? Need a suggestion for good SMOOTH bourbon that isn't too expensive, I'm willing to spend around $100.

Bulleit's good, and I keep Evan Williams 1783 around the house, but the smoothest I've had lately was Noah’s Mill. It's a rye, strong vanilla and lighter walnut flavors, and very smooth. Think it ran about fifty bucks.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Dec 4, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Tomarse posted:

I just had a ‘beyond meat’ burger.
It significantly weirded me out (but was good!)

Have any of you proper meat eating goons had one?

Yeah, it wasn't bad, but burger is cheaper so not much a draw for me.

I started getting fruit drunk today. :getin:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This is how you make the best grilled cheeses.

Yup. Most of the good of butter, without the greasy aftertaste.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The Prong Song posted:

They're not a "band-aid" solution to public transportation "problems". Number one, public transportation in the USA is not a problem; those metropolitan areas which can support public transport networks already do so as I have gone on and on about previously. Secondly, there seems a simple solution for that issue. Much like all the local authorities have done in my area - if you want your scooters in our town, their location has to be monitored and they have to be redistributed on a daily basis, with at least *insert percentage here* placed in areas with poor bus coverage and in lower-income areas. Thirdly, "it's a collision hazard for pedestrians" - OK, so are bikes, unmotorized scooters, rollerbladers, skateboarders, etc. Hell, joggers are a collision hazard for pedestrians. So? It's the responsibility of the person operating the scooter to do so in a safe fashion.

Bikes are supposed to be on the roadway. Birds don't do anything that a moped doesn't do better, while obeying traffic laws and thus not being a hazard to pedestrians or drivers.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Suburban Dad posted:

I didn't know what the gently caress I was doing with my first fast car, either.

God, and how. It was fun and terrifying while it lasted, but in both cases the crash was spectacular.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Gas was $1.92/gallon for 7 octane in Van Wert OH yesterday. I don't even know what the gently caress.

Oil prices are down because OPEC is afraid of an embargo over the KSA's shittiness.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fender Anarchist posted:

5 guys: pricey and basic, but delicious and generally pretty consistent. I found smashburger to be a bit sad the one time I went, took a while and it came out with crappy tomatoes, way too much mustard, and rancid fries. Burger Fi I agree was not amazing, decent options but again slow, and had that overly greasy taste to the buns. With that competition in its niche, 5 guys wins every time

(No in-n-out on the east coast californians don't interact)

Out of the true fast food, Steak n Shake is tops, followed by Wendys. Had my first Big Mac the other day at age 30, wasn't impressed, and I will never forgive BK for getting rid of the Stackers.

Smashburger's fries are a war crime. I have never, ever gotten them to deliver to the table hot. Since they add more oil, in the form of tossing them with olive oil and rosemary/garlic after frying, that means they always arrive a soggy, oily loving mess, which is unforgivable.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

call my mom :cry:

Lol what's mom gonna do for you in that situation.

Concussions make you say some weird poo poo sometimes, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mom's watching the grandkid.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

They get paid either way.

They are gonna lose, but they still get paid.

Their pay and the settlements will come out of tax dollars too. :smith:

Powershift posted:

Gymkhana 10 is out and it's pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_KBvP0_8Tc

This may be heresy, but that did nothing for me. It's all closed-course stunt driving with a sfx budget and a ton of jump cuts and special effects. Basically an over-long Ford commercial.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 18, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Dial shifter? I've heard of people money-shifting those without realizing it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Queen Combat posted:

The VA hasn't paid some students for more than six months now, due to IT errors. I've only been paid because I was part of an earlier group, so I'm good because my account hasn't been touched since the error has happened. If the government shuts down, I could possibly not be able to continue nursing school Jan 7th.

130,000 students have had to delay starting this past semester in September due to this.

Not if but When. Fox and Friends shamed the Cheeto-in-chief into threatening to veto unless his pork project got enough funds, so the House passed a bill with almost 6 billion in it for the wall, and the Senate shut that poo poo down posthaste. We're probably not getting services back until the new Congress sits.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Dec 22, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

Really not feeling this Christmas spirit thing, trying not to snap at everyone, not well enough to go work in the garage, have to go to the shops for bread/eggs, house is understandably a mess (Christmas, 2 kids, both wife and I unwell) I don't even feel well enough to drink in the evening though that's probably a good thing. I crave alternate company just for a chat but the red plague X on the door is keeping visitors away.

I absolutely cannot get in the mood this year. Just want the world to gently caress off and let me drink in peace.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

spog posted:

Ah Christmas! That time of year when you'd happily slit your wrists if it wouldn't upset the seating plan.

It's one of those things that goes through your head, like 'But then some poor bastard would have to clean up the corpse over the holidays, and they don't deserve that'.

the spyder posted:

Bought a Traeger smoker for $200 off Facebook marketplace from this awesome old lady who used it ~3-4 times. Had the cookbook and was even registered for the warranty. I'm going to try and smoke a ~7lb brisket tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Brisket is always a good answer. I'm following my yearly quest to get good BBQ to Texas this year, because it's been a decade and I miss 70's in December.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Merry Shitscram, Dave.

It seems more up your alley, especially if you insist on combining milk and booze. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

I, for one, personally, love dicks.

And here we thought the Mrs was bluffing.