Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
I just really need to vent.

I bought long tube headers and catted y-pipe for my truck last year from an authorized Kooks vendor. It was the cheapest place online and they were even throwing another 12% discount on top if I placed the order right then so I did. I also paid for ceramic coating so I knew it would take a little longer to get the parts coated through a third party. After 2 months I received the headers, a little long but fine for the price I paid.

Still no catted y-pipe. Another couple of months go by and through various emails I am told the parts coming, trouble with vendors and every excuse imaginable. I do more research into the company and they are notorious for taking a long rear end time to get parts shipped out. I figured fine, for the price I paid I can be patient. Months go by and emails are exchanged full of excuses still. Phone calls are ignored so I’m down to just emails, and now those are being ignored.

It’s been over a year now so I look into it again and long story short- they were never an authorized vendor like they claimed and they have screwed over a lot of people. Turns out they have a court date today with the attorney general about this behavior too.

Called my credit card company this morning to get my money back and am told because it was over a year ago I’m hosed.

I hosed myself by being extra patient, now I’m out $670. And gently caress Maryland Speed, those cocksuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

heffray posted:

Wasn't a goon in here complaining about Maryland Speed taking orders at low but not crazy prices, and then never shipping parts?
State Announces Settlement with Hollywood-based Maryland Speed
Online Retailer Will Pay Restitution and Penalties for Failing to Ship Purchased Auto Parts to Consumers

Hot drat! That was me. Got my headers but nothing else. Let’s see if I get any of my $700 I’m owed back. Thanks for the heads up.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Fermented Tinal posted:

Makita 18v LXT cordless tools are pretty great. My only complaint is that the grinder drains even the 5Ah batteries superfast, but that's something all cordless grinders suffer from.

I just got the makita 18v brushless driver, drill, and circular saw combo and it came with a bonus 4 pack of 5ah batteries. I’m really curious to see how long the batteries will last on a charge, they seem very hefty.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
New Years resolution is simple this year, build a house. Don’t die or go bankrupt as side bets.