Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

It would certainly get some boomers to retire and enable some upward mobility. The number of practically useless (not because of age necessarily, but laziness and refusal to learn new skills) employees at my job who hold off on retiring is pretty annoying to me, looking at my future options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Does it have the tent

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

everdave posted:

EDIT: why the F is the picture upside down

LMAO

Any code reader than can read body codes from that era Toyotas will probably retrieve/clear that airbag light code. Post a pic of the hood struts, they probably have c clips or something.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The Door Frame posted:

I don't know if I'm with or not with my ex, but I am a weak man, and I have no excuses for my behavior

You alright?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Damnit commie that sucks!

So I'm smack in the middle of the winter storm about to hit NC. My wife is convinced the roads will be fine tomorrow (while storm is hitting) to drive home. Any vehicle recommendations for when I wreck the poo poo out of our car tomorrow? I hear the new turbo Honda motor has some issues so not sure if I want another CR-V.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm from SC so I'm familiar. I'm hoping that the salt trucks they're already rolling will keep the ice down. Long as it's not sheet ice maybe it will be ok.

Last year in central SC we got like a 1/2 of freezing rain just before dark and then 6 inches of snow and the roads were real bad cause our DOT doesn't even have salt trucks. Like, sitting stopped in traffic my Dodge 5500 slid from a standstill sideways down the banked roadway to the shoulder. I had to drive with the right side on the grass to even move forward, 10 miles to get home.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I miss that time with our oldest child, but the younger is a BEAST and we're both glad she's getting easier in general to deal with at 5.

Trip update, didn't die or wreck in Asheville. Actually was real surprised at how easy it was to get around - big difference when DOT has salt/brining capability. There were quite a few disabled and wrecked cars, but they were clearly hauling rear end and either missed their turn or rear ended another vehicle. And Biltmore was dead empty Sunday morning.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 10, 2018

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Silicone rings are the bomb. I have a titanium ring too, it's in a box in my night stand.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

A silicone wedding ring sounds kinda strange. Like wouldn't it get all torn to hell and be not unlike just using a rubber band?

Nope. I mean they don't last forever when you're a blue collar worker, but I get 6 or 8 months easily before it gets replaced.

Also I have large knuckles and skinny fingers, so I can get a ring that actually fits my finger.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

My wedding ring vanished into thin air one day and I couldn't find it again.

Much like the wife.

Stop bragging

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Can't gently caress 2018, can't gently caress some dude's wife, can't gently caress anything

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Not really. Our grocery budget was insanity this year.

I don't want to talk about our grocery budget which has rivaled (and probably surpassed) my mortgage payments this year.

Since you mention it twice... You are using a credit card with rewards to take advantage of all that grocery spend yeah?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Santa brought me a set of Cobalt drill bits!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'd be scared that the dealer was lying about the real reason it got bought back.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Brb, bout to join my friends for some rational adult conversation while out for drinks

Edit- no childish stuff ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

In 2019 I'm continuing to reply to posters that I've made a big deal about ignoring