Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Gonna side with Fo3 a bit here: gift cards can suck. There was/is a thing here where one could buy a "box" with something, like a wine tasting or a bed-n-breakfast stay or something, and there'd be a dozen or two participating places. More than once I tried to use one and the good places were closed down, there were nothing nearby, stupid stipulations like only Mon-Thursday for a dinner, etc. Oh, or the best one, poo poo would expire after a year, but for a fee one could extend another year! Bullshit.

We have a three year old gift card sitting for some famous cake place that I'm not 100% sure where is and whether is expired.

I've sworn off gift cards. I recommend giving the amount in cash, with a stipulation. For example, I got the equivalent of $35 from my brothers for Christmas one year with orders to go spend it at this fancy cheese shop. I did, it was amazing, the total didn't come to exactly $35 but fuckit that didn't matter, everybody was happy. Everything that a gift card can do was accomplished with none of the restrictions.

Maybe where Amazon is available it's basically cash, but where it isn't...

Edit: on a different note, I just made hot chocolate with real 60% chocolate and even for a first stab with no real recipe it was AMAZING! Can recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Hey, do these fine forums have a dedicated Fusion 360 thread, or, barring that, a CAD/CAM thread?