Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Queen Combat posted:

Also don't know if I said it but neighbor is going to rehab and most likely moving out and back in with parents, which in itself can be a good thing if things were really where they appeared to be.

My sister took on a roommate shortly after buying her house who was messed up with pills. It was rough on everybody and I think that girl eventually went back to her parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

slidebite posted:

I have a decent studfinder too but that's a neat trick.

Belt test for Taekwondo today. Pretty sure I did OK because my instructor came up to me afterwards and told me I did good (though it's not for her to judge, it's the masters), but the coolest part was we did blackbelt testing today as well which only happens 2x per year, and one was a "mature" woman, I'd say 50-ish, going for her 3rd dan/degree. She's been 2nd for many years, probably 10+, but decided to do it several months back and trained drat hard.

There is something cool as hell seeing a ~50ish woman breaking multiple boards with knife hand and kicks, and then fighting off a 2 on 1 of 3rd dan blackbelts in sparring coming after her. She was getting exhausted, being constantly chased down by them and after about 3 minutes of SOLID hard core sparring (which is god drat exhausting even if it doesn't sound like much) the master said "score one more point and we'll call it" the crowd went full in cheering her on and about 15 seconds after she did an awesome high section punch on one of them, a 21 year old dude, and just landed it perfect. Snapped the guys head back and surprised him. The crowd of about 75-100 people, plus us students went nuts.

Was fantastic to watch something like that with a woman old enough to be a grandma to kick rear end.

That's cool af

mewse
May 2, 2006

Well in any case, they started it

mewse
May 2, 2006

tetrapyloctomy posted:

When I was young, I forgot that I was supposed to write a short paper (like, a page or something, this was grade school) until the night before. It was too late to do it, so my dad said that he would wake me up early and help me with it. When I woke up, he had handwritten the assignment. I copied it down and turned it in, got an A. I remember it well, a page in my dad's block print on Tutankhamun.

And then when I looked it up, he had literally copied the entry from our home encyclopedia.

I found out much later that my dad (who is an electrical engineer) hadn't written an essay since high school. He was thinking of just working in the mines, and my grandmother filled out his college application including the personal statement, and wrote every essay he was assigned in college. What's particularly funny about this is that he's not a bad writer ... apparently just a very lazy one.

Lazy like a fox

mewse
May 2, 2006

I called in a personal day yesterday because I stayed up most of the night finishing a book two nights ago :shobon: (these books are good)

mewse
May 2, 2006

freelop posted:

I did - autocorrect issues
It was no rinse stuff so maybe I just buggered it up instead

There are lists of off flavors that you could run thru, may have been caused by a common mistake

mewse
May 2, 2006

shy boy from chess club posted:

The lady said she didn't know I didnt have to stop. If there were only some huge yellow sign with that information on it right there. Maybe she would have seen it if she stopped all the way.

"I thought it was a four way stop because not only did the sign NOT say it was a 4 way stop, the sign said it was NOT a 4 way stop"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ferremit posted:

They are!

(one of the Advantages of working in a wildlife park with an emu population they dont want increasing too much!)

God drat do you get a lot of egg out of one tho- I filled a coffee mug and a half with that one!

Are you supposed to drink it?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Ahahahaha Mattis resigned.

Yeah and he wrote a public resignation letter that said "I believe strongly in supporting our allies and opposing our adversaries so our incompatible views on these matters means I must resign"

mewse
May 2, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Wow. I honestly thought "PowerFist" was a fake AvE satire brand like Cockford Ollie. Guess it's a real (and unfortunately named) thing.

It's basically the canadian equivalent of cheap harbor freight stuff

mewse
May 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_yrU5vv_T0

mewse
May 2, 2006

Queen Combat posted:

Good that he's OK.

Just woke up, can't walk. drat foot is still inflamed around the nail puncture point. It's not a large area, maybe 2 inches, but it's right in the middle of the ball.

Stupid apartment maintenance people.

Are you literally a Wet Bandit

mewse
May 2, 2006

Death to all who oppose us!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

There was a original PC/Mac Ghost Recon mod that had this as the tagline with Every Word Capitalized trump-style and it's still an inside joke with me and all my gamer friends from then so I hope you're referring to that and can tell me which mod it was. TIA

Actually I think it’s something the blood elves say in WoW

mewse
May 2, 2006

Queen Combat posted:

Using some old EMS blankets, making the 3D printing shelf semi-enclosed. Helps keep ABS from warping.

I never print unattended (sleeping/away), otherwise gently caress no way I would essentially wrap a Chinese printer in flammable, flammable felt. That said, a fire extinguisher is still always nearby.

That's a good workaround. I've been wanting to build an enclosure for ages but I guess I'm lazy

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fermented Tinal posted:

Mine is to basically be more sociopathic. I gotta start looking out for number one.

Happy new year let’s get this bread

mewse
May 2, 2006

mariooncrack posted:

Are you sure it's ddr2? It seems late to be running ddr2.

Pentium T4400 is prob ddr2

mewse
May 2, 2006

Yeh win10 will thrash the system for a long time post install. Its best if you make a new USB stick to install on a fresh system, minimizes the amount of updates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Queen Combat posted:

PRO

JECT

BIN

KY

I wonder how many people-hours are in that thing