Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HO HO HO It's December and that means presents for a certain subset of people living on Earth! Thankfully, we are one of those subsets, and Lowtax has blessed us with this great new CSS on the forums:

So talk about how dumb Rhyno is or just comics and Santa and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

They were the chump squad there too, none except the maw were even named and they all died

Plus the novie came out in like april but the comic just started out last month
It's both. If they start a miniseries now, they can have a nice trade sitting on shelves when Avengers 4 and Ultimate Alliance hit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Does anyone read comics on a Surface Pro? I see there's no Comixology Windows app anymore which is a bummer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1072204883703554049

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hickman reveals his secret origin!
https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/status/1072947572019318785

https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/status/1072949415332143104

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Does anyone read comics on a Surface Pro? I see there's no Comixology Windows app anymore which is a bummer.
To follow up on this: I went ahead and got one since Micro Center has a good price in-store ($100 cheaper than anywhere else), and I have until mid-January to return if I really don't like it. And so far...I think I'm going to end up taking that option. It's a nice enough device, but I think it's not quite what I want. The idea of not having both a laptop and a tablet (that is used almost exclusively for comics reading at home, but also is my travel computer unless I need a real computer for work or something) appealed to me. No Comixology app means I can't load it up with a bunch of comics before leaving for offline reading - other than the publishers that have DRM-free backups, there's no way to download comics (this is, of course, the fault of publishers insisting on DRM, but that's not a problem I can really solve), so they have to be read online with an internet connection, which for anyone who has been in an airport or on a plane, can be less than ideal at times. It does appear to displaying the HD versions of comics, though, so that's good, at least. I did go ahead and download a comic and tried it on Comics++ (mostly because it was the first thing that showed up on the Microsoft Store that seemed to do what I want), and it seems okay, but a pain the rear end to download stuff to use there. The app itself seems okay and looks to work similarly to the iPad Comixology app, minus the Guided View stuff. The screen on this is a bit smaller than the iPad Pro I was trying to replace, and the aspect ratio is not as good for reading two pages at once, so comics are a little smaller. Not a huge deal, but worth noting.

As a device, it's quite nice, though. I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a Windows device, but I'm not sure it's *quite* what I want, and Windows, as a platform, isn't quite there as far as reading comics (though I'm sure it is vastly better than iOS for people with lots of legally-acquired CBZs).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

joehonkie posted:

Kindle stuff usually also unlocks on Comixology but unless something's changed, I don't think it goes the other way.

Yeah, this is the case. In researching before buy, the "solution" seems to be to install an Android emulator, install the Android Comixology app on that, and use it. I tried this on my desktop, and it refuses to let me view two pages at once, but there might be a setting I needed to gently caress with, so I might play with that some more, but it's still really dumb.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bendis looks like Anakin Skywalker

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NK tankies are my favorite.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Buy cube boxes and only cube boxes for them. You can fit a bunch in each without the box getting too heavy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please do not give respect to Limp Bizkit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Bought a cheap beginner's wacom tablet. Gonna make an epically awful comic

Make sure to Kickstarter it first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Why are you guys posting in a 2 year old thread.

It was a December to remember