Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Calibanibal posted:

the french word for protest is demonstration, meaning demon strategy (protesting is satanic)

Its actually manifestation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Prime minister gonna announce they're backing off with the fuel tax apparently

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4uOM7s38XA

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Please trash the sacre cœur next weekend

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Flowers For Algeria posted:

nah, they had forgotten they had to be afraid, they really thought protests meant nothing, and now that the crowd is somewhat agitated they have been brought back down to earth and their terror is hilarious to behold

Start-up republic on hold

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i don't know that it started right wing, but i cant tell you much about the beginnings of the movement

i think the alt right chuds are mostly glad to see macron eat poo poo, because they always hated him, they probably aren't able to conceive that people on the left might hate him too

also they have a very poor understanding of politics here anyway, so i wouldn't trust anything they say or believe

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i'm pretty sure the national guard was disbanded in 1872 after they sided with the paris commune, they got fired for being pro revolutionary

looking at wikin it was reinstated in 2016 because of terrorism lol, but its safe to say it has nothing to do with the original thing, they're just reserve militaries

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

God i hate america

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

there’s a lull right now and i’m hungry and it’s starting to rain so i stopped the recording. i might take it up again later. love from france

Love you flowers

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
We dont want Teump

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

so is the bastille stormed yet or what

The bastille has been dismantled

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lol journalism

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Someoje show the golf thing to trunp

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
macron is blaming social networks and 24h news channels

https://twitter.com/leJDD/status/1071543445171257344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

"the confluence between social networks and 24h news channels is a poison for democracy"

jupiters big brains

Kurtofan has issued a correction as of 12:24 on Dec 9, 2018

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

FT journo spreading dumb lists he found on facebook to discredit the movement

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

twoday posted:

We want to lock her up

Lol what

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Toplowtech posted:

German flags and signs about Canada(one with the Canada flag even), that's one pretty weird french protest. But i guess we must applaud the efforts. At least some of the places look vaguely European.

those loving idiots

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Feldegast42 posted:

So chuds around the world are still trying to co-op the protests I'm guessing

thank god we suck at english

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i hope teump doesnt wear a yellow vest

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
these idiots break my brain, i wish they would stop liking the protests

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
apparently macron is going to raise the smic (minimum wage) by 100 euros per month

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shear Modulus posted:

is that a lot

how do you like cuts in public spending

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lol i didnt realize garrison was straight up a quanonist now, lmao

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
at least this dipshit isn't pretending hes on our side like the other maga idiots

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Im gonna poo poo if we see another macron lepen run off

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
in light of recent events, the government is pleading for protesters "to be reasonable and please not protest this weekend"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Reality Winter posted:

What's french for cucks

cocu

it comes from the cuckoo bird, who lays their eggs in other birds nest

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdcJRHM_Ah4

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Ciel, mon mari!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Toplowtech posted:

'Cocu' and like said sooner like in english it's also derived from the french for the cuckoo bird and the central subject for a tons of late 19th century vaudeville theater acts which make the current "CUCK" phase of American politics really really funnier than it should be.

Yeah, pretty much, its really a dumb insult

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Centrist scum, advance to the guillotine

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I’ve encountered no barricades, no burning cars, and no tear gas so far. poo poo’s pretty calm. i’m going to try to get to Opéra to join the main group

Hope you're wearing warm clothes out there.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

well that’s that then. today was far more subdued in paris, the cops were very efficient at preventing us from getting anywhere. not a lot of broken stuff, not even a torched car that I could see, a hastily built barricade made of Christmas trees failed to catch on fire, and i narrowly missed getting clubbed in the head during a cop charge in Les Halles. that’s where they managed to disperse our main group. I dunno if they reformed elsewhere but the rain made the experience not that fun

highlights include: a group of black evangelicals managing to interrupt our march by shouting in a megaphone "there’s only one thing that can help us! it’s a name, and that name is jesus!", booing the cops every time they showed up, extremely anticapitalist chants, and helping a shopkeeper get her wares inside, close her shop and then have her join us.

yeah the weather was really lousy today

major props to you.

Kurtofan has issued a correction as of 19:01 on Dec 15, 2018

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Catboy Autonomist posted:

The Iraqi protests are like, the one overseas gilets jaunes protest that is actually good

like jc a spokesperson in Italy outright said they are "pro-government" and that actually this is a protest against the EU uwu daddy salvini

Lmao loving bootlickers

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

got any sevens posted:

lmao he's literally holed up in a castle as peasants storm the gates

not to poo poo on your parade, but it's the summer retreat, he isn't in there right now

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lol what an idiot. He should shut the gently caress up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pizza Segregationist posted:

what flag is that?

The flag of brittany, lots of bretons in paris :breizh:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Vitamin P posted:

Social media mainly, but there are a lot of boomers too so also word of mouth between affinity groups or the local rural group.

This song has been stuck in my head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBiHJxGxz1g

Yeah sorry to disappoint but that song is full of fashy right wing bullshit

Kurtofan has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Jan 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Me and my white friends gonna sing about rotchschild and how may 68 was bad, also small business owners rules and europe drools !!

Kurtofan has issued a correction as of 01:49 on Jan 9, 2019