Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Cue the flying pigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
They're worried he's losing the urge to kill.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
He's more hat than man... twisted and evil.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Hospitals are extremely deadly places, hopefully austerity will get us rid of that public menace one day.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Anti-Roms racism is depressingly mainstream in this country but I didn't think we still had people believing the "they steal white children for Reasons" canard. That's like 19th century-tier vintage.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

BULBASAUR posted:

what's the latest, french goons?

https://twitter.com/lgbral/status/1111643729482395649

Video is hilarious if you understand French, dude's Macron's "brain" and he just completely bugs out at the slightest push.

Also the head of Mediapart just revealed that they know what happened to Benalla's safe. :munch:

YaketySass has issued a correction as of 20:48 on Mar 30, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I like EU for EU, babe.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Azuth0667 posted:

Wait who are those people?

"Macron please step on me" counter-protesters.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Minor precision - she's the wife of the officer who was overseeing the operation, not the guy who hit her directly.

Still a blatant evidence of the incestuous relationship between cops and the people who are supposed to keep them in check.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
why couldn't this happen to the Sacré-Coeur instead

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

RaySmuckles posted:

so...do they rebuild it? or build condos?

Some of the details likely can't be rebuilt with exactitude. A good part of the building was also still original and had never been replaced with newer elements. It's a disaster for conservation.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

RaySmuckles posted:

i mean...clearly. the whole place is on fire, for starters

just playin'. just wondering if they'll try to rebuild it as it was or do some weird modern looking thing as a tribute or just scrap the idea and sell the land for sweet, sweet cash. surely there are enough images of every nook and cranny floating around to like...try to remake it

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
:tinfoil:

https://twitter.com/Alexis_Poitry/status/1117857764926218242

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

I'm sure that making the repairs a political deadline when the stones aren't even cold yet will not lead to carelessly rushing things.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's about working "longer". We don't know what he's gonna try to gut yet. Could be holidays, retirement plans, hours worked per week, etc...

And it's completely mainstream political thought in this dumb country's establishment that everything would be sunshine and roses if we could just get these lazy-rear end Frenchs to just work more, because we're apparently a failed communist state where nobody ever works.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Flowers For Algeria posted:

(they’ll go to disneyland)

Disney will pay for the entire operation just in time to redo their Hunchback movie in live-action.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

And they're making a big stink of it on TV too.

Can't wait until the mainstream discovers ACAB and "Tout Le Monde Déteste La Police" and spends the entire week :qq: about how that noble profession is unjustly smeared by the ultra-left.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Their face is very clubbable, yes.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
She also wrote an educational comic which includes this gem:

https://twitter.com/piotelat/status/1120564949519163392

"Poles are homophobic and as Europeans we agree to disagree, that's what diversity means." :eurovision:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

unpacked robinhood posted:

Are we offended at that comic because it suggests basically jack poo poo is done to address homophobia in eastern Europe ?

Because it's the "what about diversity of opinions? :smug:" right-wing canard they always trot. Presenting homophobia as proof of a healthy intellectual debate across the continent is some galaxy-brain poo poo.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The notion of what neoliberals consider progress is legitimately very frightening.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

unpacked robinhood posted:

Uh no we have to yield to increasingly unreasonable demands at least until blasphemy is made illegal

"We must save the Republic from women bathing in their chosen attire, the first step toward white genocide the Great Replacement uh, the loss of our Secular Values(tm)."

gently caress off with this conspiracy bullshit.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Pardot posted:

i'm no expert, but from talking to my mathématiques teacher friend, this blanquer guy seems like a gently caress

The exam results have been a major shitshow, lots of teachers reporting notes given semi-randomly because the government doesn't even need scabs to do their job properly.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
What exactly is the point of this getup over a regular drone?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Professional Opinion Havers are the loving worst.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Meanwhile the same dipshit pundits that cheer on the methods of our beloved riot forces are being smug about how the French just must not care that much about climate change if we don't do the same numbers the biggest foreign protests manage to do.

Kurtofan posted:

I don't remember how the media was under sarkozy and hollande, but under macron they're the worst sort of bootlickers

Sarkozy was more polarizing by constantly trolling and nobody respected Hollande, Macron is the best of both worlds for them because he's openly an rear end in a top hat but mostly against people the mainstream press doesn't respect to begin with.

YaketySass has issued a correction as of 11:55 on Sep 22, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Cops are always being threatened by the mere presence of protesters so filming them at all is illegal.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

c’est la copine à didier wampas qui va être déçue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxLFi8_X0yg

The real tragedy.

E - Another old tribute to the man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh2otDHTo68

YaketySass has issued a correction as of 12:00 on Sep 26, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
En tant que Breton, Rouen, Chernobyl c'est kif-kif.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Kurtofan posted:

Why do they keep inviting these ghouls lol

I mean I know why but still, i want to tear my hair

It's only going to get worse, I think.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

although some of them are genuinely convinced that them getting dragged away by cops will spark a mass movement or something lmbo

Surely this time the police won't get away with it!

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Kurtofan posted:

Macron : "ursula van der layen told me she wanted to work with her,I need to understand [why she got told to gently caress off]"

Maybe some pedagogy would help.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

lol, one person did a thread on him mere hours before the new came out:

https://twitter.com/joannAouar/status/1182671833746808832

YaketySass has issued a correction as of 21:01 on Oct 11, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Some guy who murdered his wife and their four children and avoided getting caught for eight years.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Kurtofan posted:

And now for more serious stuff

https://twitter.com/fatimabenomar_/status/1182939422364442624?s=19

This mom and her kid were humiliated during a school outing at the Burgundy Assembly(she accompanied her kid)
One of the members of the assembly, a RN(FN) official, called for her to remove her hijab, saying that it was contrary to "laïcité" rules, with the support and applause of the other RN members. (Of course it's not actually against any laws or rules)
He then said on twitter that it was an "islamist" provocation to allow her to wear a hijab there following the recent terror attack in Paris.
France is a bad country, y'all.

The RN members then left the Assembly in protest and later one of them yelled at the mom "you're submissive [to men], when the Russians will come, you'll get thrown out!"

I can already see Putin gloriously marching on Paris to liberate us from halal stores and pieces of clothing, great stuff.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The country is making itself sicker through this panic over cultural signifiers and the futility of each new ban at doing anything else than harassing minorities is just taken as further proof that we need to double down on dumb surveillance bullshit. They'll keep coming up with new ideas that will make the current stage of "weak signals" hunt look like the work of geniuses in comparison.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
real :effort: logo for the olympic games:

https://twitter.com/Paris2024/status/1186347647403249664

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Kurtofan posted:

lmao at that haircut, is this the sixties

Someone smarter than me could probably make an analysis regarding how Marianne, allegory of the Republic, our values, etc. is represented here not as a pissed-off populist figure, a protective matron or a high-minded ideal, but as a model of conventionally attractive feminity, and how perhaps that reflects how "frenchness" is increasingly defended by some people as a sort of indolent heterosexual hedonism where you're safe from the terrorists who hate us for our wine and our sexy chicks and from #MeToo ideologues who want to kill chivalry and romance.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
If you're not plugged into French media Zemmour is a pretty openly fascist writer and :airquote: historian :airquote: who's recently been poached to be a pundit on a TV channel at the insistence of its billionaire owner, who fired a bunch of journalists for protesting the hiring.

So a new low for our dear free press, and another example to throw on the "capitalists will always side with the fascists" pile.

YaketySass has issued a correction as of 19:14 on Oct 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
In France all frogs are gay already.