Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Tennessee needs interior line help, a wide receiver, and for the love of God do we need a nose tackle worth a poo poo. Pass rush help would be great too, orakpo and Derrick Morgan are washed.

Also it would be cool if we didn't trade away all our picks this year. Derrick Henry has been a complete nonentity this year so it would be nice to find another back to pair with Dion Lewis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Jets have their remaining games against the Bills (away), Texans (home), Packers (home), and Patriots (away). I think the likely outcome of that stretch is 1-3, meaning they'll finish at 4-12, and likely have the 3rd or 4th pick.

Jets should only be drafting edge rushers, offensive lineman, and receivers during this draft. I wouldn't be shocked if they decided to trade down to recoup a 2nd rounder (especially if the QB needy teams end up clustered behind them).

If they stick at 3-4, I would hope that Jonah Williams (OT) or Clelin Farrell (OLB/DE) would be the pick (assuming they don't stumble into Nick Bosa).

If they trade down, would consider someone like D.K. Metcalf.
Also, draft Josh Allen as a top 3 edge rusher for maximum AFC East hilarity.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Panthers needs:

DE - Mario Addison will likely finish with double digit sacks, giving him 10 sacks/year for the past three years. Turns out he is good, but he is the only solid player left at DE. Peppers is only a rotational player and might retire. Efe Obada is raw and has potential, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable rolling with him as a starter. Horton and Cox are fodder. In today’s game, passing is so important that you could argue that the only real important players are the QBs, OTs and pass rushers. And yet we are rolling with 4 undrafted players at DE.

OL - If we re-sign Darryl Williams then we do not need a top OT (unless it is Best Player Available). I am comfortable rolling with Williams, Kalil, Moton, and Clark or a cheap backup. We need to replace Ryan Kalil at C and we need a replacement guard. It’s possilbe we slide Moton to G like originally planned, but that still leaves a hole at C. I would prefer we use our first round pick on the best available OL regardless of position given how much is up in the air with the Kalil bros and Williams.

CB/S - Bradberry and Jackson are solid starters. Our backup corners might be the worst in the NFL. They are small, slow, and we can’t keep putting our LBs in coverage because we don’t want to expose our nickel and dime corners. We have the most athletic coverage LBers in the NFL, but LBers can’t run with WRs. You need three starting caliber CBs these days. Would also be good insurance in case we don’t want to pay Bradberry. Safety is another big need. Eric Reid probably won’t re-sign, and our other safeties are old, often injured, or look overmatched (Gaulden).

WR - Funchess is going to walk, get paid, and give us a fat comp pick in return. We should replace him with a big WR in the third round. DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, and Jarius Wright are a good core, but too small as a group.

TE - Olsen is probably retiring. His foot injuries have been mostly non-contact or marginal contact, and that is with us easing him back and taking precautions. It sucks, but he should get out while he can. His foot just isn’t healing. Ian Thomas looks overmatched, but he is still raw. I think we address this position only if someone falls to us.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Slowpoke! posted:

In today’s game, passing is so important that you could argue that the only real important players are the QBs, OTs and pass rushers. And yet we are rolling with 4 undrafted players at DE.

tired: pass-rushing DEs
wired: pass-rushing DTs

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

Also, draft Josh Allen as a top 3 edge rusher for maximum AFC East hilarity.

We all know in our cold, dead hearts that Macc will draft an interior defensive lineman because he is BPA at 3 or 4.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Pretty much here to see how high Ed Oliver goes, and if he's actually 290 pounds and a 3-technique lineman or a sub-270 outside linebacker like all the ~inside sources~ like to say

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 4, 2018

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bills need to draft Josh Allen (LB)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Who is giving big money for Devin Funchess?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Tennessee needs interior line help, a wide receiver, and for the love of God do we need a nose tackle worth a poo poo. Pass rush help would be great too, orakpo and Derrick Morgan are washed.

Also it would be cool if we didn't trade away all our picks this year. Derrick Henry has been a complete nonentity this year so it would be nice to find another back to pair with Dion Lewis.

Trading picks is good

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Current NFL draft order...

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

It is blowing my mind the Browns aren’t in the top 10

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Slowpoke! posted:

Panthers needs:

DE - Mario Addison will likely finish with double digit sacks, giving him 10 sacks/year for the past three years. Turns out he is good, but he is the only solid player left at DE. Peppers is only a rotational player and might retire. Efe Obada is raw and has potential, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable rolling with him as a starter. Horton and Cox are fodder. In today’s game, passing is so important that you could argue that the only real important players are the QBs, OTs and pass rushers. And yet we are rolling with 4 undrafted players at DE.

OL - If we re-sign Darryl Williams then we do not need a top OT (unless it is Best Player Available). I am comfortable rolling with Williams, Kalil, Moton, and Clark or a cheap backup. We need to replace Ryan Kalil at C and we need a replacement guard. It’s possilbe we slide Moton to G like originally planned, but that still leaves a hole at C. I would prefer we use our first round pick on the best available OL regardless of position given how much is up in the air with the Kalil bros and Williams.

CB/S - Bradberry and Jackson are solid starters. Our backup corners might be the worst in the NFL. They are small, slow, and we can’t keep putting our LBs in coverage because we don’t want to expose our nickel and dime corners. We have the most athletic coverage LBers in the NFL, but LBers can’t run with WRs. You need three starting caliber CBs these days. Would also be good insurance in case we don’t want to pay Bradberry. Safety is another big need. Eric Reid probably won’t re-sign, and our other safeties are old, often injured, or look overmatched (Gaulden).

WR - Funchess is going to walk, get paid, and give us a fat comp pick in return. We should replace him with a big WR in the third round. DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, and Jarius Wright are a good core, but too small as a group.

TE - Olsen is probably retiring. His foot injuries have been mostly non-contact or marginal contact, and that is with us easing him back and taking precautions. It sucks, but he should get out while he can. His foot just isn’t healing. Ian Thomas looks overmatched, but he is still raw. I think we address this position only if someone falls to us.

Larsen is ready to step in for Kalil, and should honestly be starting already Ryan is just toast.

Addison is fine, but the Panthers could spend their top pick on DT or DE and I wouldn't be upset.

At safety, I think they need to resign reid and give him an actual free safety over the top. The secondary will look worlds better when it's not counting on 2 SS and a cripple at nickel.

Ian thomas had a pretty good game today. Olsen was a HOF caliber player if he'd had a better situation, and the Panthers aren't going to replace that. Thomas might be good enough.

Honestly I think the pieces on offense are good enough. My draft targets are DT, DE, DB, in no particular order.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Bring me that top 3 pick!

Atlanta needs to lose to Arizona next week, which I feel like is going to be challenging :ohdear:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So I just found out the 7th grader that Lane Kiffin signed for USC as a quarterback is now a TD machine for WVU. He seems to have good size/speed as well.

What are the pro prospects for David Sills as a WR?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
watching tyree jackson highlights and holy moly

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hi friends

When did Walter Football turn into a pop up ad poo poo show the likes of which I've only seen in illegal streams?

I'll listen off the air.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Walter has been trash for a while now. Dude starts his own rumors and has 0 idea about team needs so his mocks end up exceptionally stupid. I'm honestly not convinced either of the writers even watch football.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It bugs me that they are always among the top hits on google for nfl draft

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Walter has been trash for a while now.

Like a long while right? I can't remember a time they were anything but trash, I mean I'd almost rather read Nolan Nawrocki takes about a black quarterback.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Walter is cool

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I never used Walter for the opinions and for some reason they always seemed to constantly mock the Chiefs choosing a tackle or defensive end regardless of need but the player big board and positional rankings were useful. But gently caress that after that poo poo today I'm never going back.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Walter has been trash for a while now. Dude starts his own rumors and has 0 idea about team needs so his mocks end up exceptionally stupid. I'm honestly not convinced either of the writers even watch football.

He's definitely totally clueless and just gets certain ideas in his head about whatever that he'll never let go. But his mocks are actually pretty good in terms of getting the picks right, especially when compared to other mocks. But yeah his site is impossible to read on mobile or any environment without adblock.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

My impression of his mocks is that he's WAY more focused on guys not falling beyond certain slots than team needs. He's especially guilty of being absolutely clueless about their needs.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Walter Football is about the only guy out there compiling what draft prospects teams have met with. Like at least as a Dolphins fan we usually find out like months later and sometimes even after the draft

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Seahawks and Chiefs were the only teams to go to Mahomes' pro day. He probably knew that info and still slotted him to Houston. In fairness, they probably would have taken him if he fell that far.

quote:

Houston Texans: Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech

I would've had the Texans going in a different direction prior to the Tony Romo news. However, Romo retired - check out my Disaster Grades for the Tony Romo retirement here - and so Houston will have to start Tom Savage unless it can find an alternative solution. That solution could be this pick, which almost has to happen now.

Charlie Campbell reported that some teams have Mahomes slotted as a second-round prospect, but given that Mahomes is a quarterback, he's likely to be chosen earlier than most anticipate. The NFL Draft Advisory Committee apparently agrees, as they gave Mahomes a Round 2 grade, which means he'll be pushed into the opening frame because he's a quarterback. Thus, it only seems logical to slot Mahomes into this spot, because if the Texans like him, they won't be able to obtain him with their second-round selection. There's actually a chance he won't be available here, as a team believes the 49ers will pick Pat Mahomes.

*** OTHER 2017 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Deshaun Watson, QB - I think it's either Mahomes or Watson. There's a greater chance Watson is off the board.

2. Cam Robinson, OT - If Robinson falls, and both quarterbacks are off the board, the Texans could opt for the Alabama tackle.

edit: and just to prove what I said earlier he mocked the Chiefs to take an offensive lineman, citing Reid being a big fan of building teams through the trenches which is hilarious because they took a lineman in the first just once.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 22, 2018

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

kiimo posted:

edit: and just to prove what I said earlier he mocked the Chiefs to take an offensive lineman, citing Reid being a big fan of building teams through the trenches which is hilarious because they took a lineman in the first just once.

This is absolutely true tho

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Went and checked out Reid's picks from philly and green bay and you are right.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I think Charlie Campbell is alright and the source of whatever information Walt may have. Walt himself think's he's hilarious and it's super loving obnoxious.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1077989967178158082

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Drew Lock #1 QB

Aw yeah

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Drew Lock #1 QB

Aw yeah

Dwayne Haskins seems to be QB1

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I can't bring myself to care about the draft until I'm starving for football. Are these college players good or are they bad? Well find out. Maybe

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

No Irish Need Imply posted:

watching tyree jackson highlights and holy moly
oops hes in the transfer portal

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Sad King Billy posted:

Dwayne Haskins seems to be QB1

I hate an ohio state but Dwayne Haskins owns. Hes easily the best qb in the draft imo

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I hate an ohio state but Dwayne Haskins owns. Hes easily the best qb in the draft imo

It's Will Grier

Haskins is #2 though if he decides to leave, which he absolutely should.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hello friends and neighbors how are we watching cut ups this season now that draftbreakdown is dead (other than manually searching youtube)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

I can't bring myself to care about the draft until I'm starving for football. Are these college players good or are they bad? Well find out. Maybe

I am still having fun looking back on last year’s draft. The same people who thought the Browns hosed up taking Baker and Ward instead of Barkley and The Other Chubb have not wavered. They are doubling down and still think the team should be have Hue and Barkley as its faces.

I am not a Browns fan, but like many of us here, pay inordinate attention to them cause it is so drat fascinating. I didn’t realize that Mike Silver badbrains were actually contagious.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Docjowles posted:

I am still having fun looking back on last year’s draft. The same people who thought the Browns hosed up taking Baker and Ward instead of Barkley and The Other Chubb have not wavered. They are doubling down and still think the team should be have Hue and Barkley as its faces.

I am not a Browns fan, but like many of us here, pay inordinate attention to them cause it is so drat fascinating. I didn’t realize that Mike Silver badbrains were actually contagious.

Man that's something I've missed. The only deviation I've seen is insisting that either Baker would've been there at 4 or Baker + Chubb.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I agree last year's draft is more interesting. We should probably have a thread about that, a little retrospective.

If people can't reevaluate they're fools. I like to throw around some draft hot takes but if I'm wrong sometimes well, most people are

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Man that's something I've missed. The only deviation I've seen is insisting that either Baker would've been there at 4 or Baker + Chubb.

I’ll have to go back and copy posts off another forum. It wasn’t a take from TFF since this place owns :glomp: But it was a form of Actually RBs Matter A Lot disease which 2018 has made us all question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Diva Cupcake posted:

So I just found out the 7th grader that Lane Kiffin signed for USC as a quarterback is now a TD machine for WVU. He seems to have good size/speed as well.

What are the pro prospects for David Sills as a WR?

Scrappy, plays the right way, a real student of the game.