Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1121532443348078594?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Mayock....Gruden you mad men loving do it. Give them all those picks to make sure you get Kyler

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Gruden doesn't want a rookie qb

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The raiders are drafting jones

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Metapod posted:

The raiders are drafting jones

The titans are drafting Lock

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Titans are drafting Lock Jones, QB, Alaska Tech.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gonz posted:

Titans are drafting Lock Jones, QB, Alaska Tech.

heard this too. on the GRAPEVINE

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Taylor Swift wearing my nana's old bathrobe.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Lol there goes Murray!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Even alongside other QBs who’ve posted bad college numbers and then been drafted highly, Jones is especially hard to understand.

Also, some comparisons of QBs this year in success metrics, after seeing how last year's rookies fared relative to their college numbers.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 26, 2019

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Day 2 targets specifically for Miami

OG Cody Ford (1) – Nasty people mover, power is his game. Best run blocker in the draft, tackle versatility if needed

C Erik McCoy (1) – Proved himself time and again against top level competition, not the athlete Bradbury is, but technically sound and packs a mean punch

CB Rock Ya Sin (1) – Excels in both press and off, thrives on winning those hand battles with receivers, active run defender, great swagger

CB Greedy Williams (1) – Ball hawk, good movement skills, but allows too much cushion in zone and must improve tackling ability

OT Dalton Risner (2) – Checks all boxes with his athleticism, work ethic, football IQ, competitiveness and versatility as a former C and OG

EDGE Ben Banogu (2) – Quick twitch athlete, ceiling through the roof, used in coverage but I want to see him hone his skills as a pass rusher full time

DE Maxx Crosby (2) – Long, great athleticism and burst through the gaps, impacts games in a big way as a pass rusher and run defender

CB Julian Love (2) – Highly instinctual and some of the best ball skills, anticipates routes, sticks with receivers, but lack of ideal size makes his a best fit in the slot

WR Hakeem Butler (2) – Outstanding size and deceptive speed make him very tough to defend downfield. Gesicki could learn a thing or two from his guys ability to box out with that frame

CB Justin Layne (2) – Smart corner, won’t bite on setups, smooth hips to turn and run with receivers. Still learning the position, which is what I’d attribute his lack of INTs to rather than ball skills

WR AJ Brown (2) – Accomplished route runner, chain mover, good hands, superior in most ways than his jacked up teammate

S Nasir Adderley (2) – Ball hawking safety with great instincts and range, also offers CB versatility in a pinch

S Taylor Rapp (2) – Instinctual, makes a lot of plays at and behind the LOS, good bitzer, physical box type

LB Germaine Prett (3) – Coverage is his obvious strength, understands zone concepts, great athlete, a former safety who moved and I project his instincts to get better in time

WR Mecole Hardman (3) – Electric playmaker, versatile, great with the ball in his hands, and a threat to score from anywhere

WR Parris Campbell (3) – Speed demon; get the ball in his hands and watch him go. Best of the bunch after the catch

RB Darrell Henderson (3) – Excels working through traffic, but can also hit the big home run in an instant. Rarely will you see him lose yards in the red zone

LB Blake Cashman (3) – Flashes all over the place with his speed and physical hits, trusts his instincts, good tackling form, I think he’ll end up starting

WR Emanuel Hall (3) – Enticing combination of size and speed; makes one highlight play after the other. Ready to play immediately with how easy he beats press

OT Bobby Evans (3) – Mauling RT; excels in the run game, unmovable when he gets his anchor set

WR Riley Ridley (3) – Most advanced route runner, knows how to set up and disguise, finds the soft spots. Reliable between the 20s

EDGE Jordan Brailford (3) – Similar to Banogu, another with a huge ceiling based on his elite athleticism, used all over the place but I want to see him concentrate on getting that QB

RB Trayveon Williams (3) – Shifty and tough, makes you miss in space, great vision and receiving ability. One of my favs

CB Jamel Dean (3) – Elite size and speed, but very raw, allowed too many completions in college and needs technique coaching

CB Isaiah Johnson (3) – Another long, press corner with 4.4 speed, technique leaves a lot to be desired at this point. Similar to Dean

LB Mack Wilson (3) – Instinctual, always around the football, hands always working, not easily fooled, just lacks ideal range

C Elgton Jenkins (3) – Power fit only, dominant run blocker. Needs to refine technique in pass pro where he struggles with quickness and holds

LB Ben Burr Kirven (3) – One of the better tacklers at the LB spot, plays with a nasty edge and above average instincts

RB Miles Sanders (3) – Outstanding quickness and lateral agility, makes guys look foolish with his ability to plant and drive. Low mileage a big plus

S Juan Thornhill (3) – Versatile box safety with the instincts, route recognition and ball skills to play free

LB Drue Tranquill (3) – Also a former safety so you know he can cover. Matches up with TEs regularly, good instincts, always keeps his eyes on the QB

DE Jalen Ferguson (3) – Best with his hand in the dirt, gets a ton of sacks but overly reliant on power moves and lacks ideal athleticism

RB David Montgomery (3) – Pile mover who loves contact. Real workhorse who breaks tackles for days

OG Dru Samia (3) – Sound technician with a nasty side, does his best work at the LOS in short areas

S Chauncey Gardner Johnson (3) – Capable of playing in the box or the deep zone, athletic and smart safety who loves the chess matchups with opposing QBs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are you not considering DK Metcalf

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

kiimo posted:

Are you not considering DK Metcalf

I'm hyping myself up over the hawks possibly getting Metcalf and lining him up on the other side of lockett with baldwin in slot.

Who you gonna cover?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

the spread

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Other than the Giants I feel like every team did a not-awful job in the first round

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I personally think the Cardinals massively hosed up but that's just me.

Steelers sent too much for Devin Bush. Giants obviously hosed up with Daniel Jones and I don't like the Baker pick that much. Denver has much bigger concerns than TE. Packers reached on Savage, I don't care how fast he is. Raiders late first rounders were underwhelming. Kaleb Mcgary was a big reach too. I'm not that in love with N'keal Harry either. Other than that yeah, pretty solid first round.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Doltos posted:

Steelers sent too much for Devin Bush. Giants obviously hosed up with Daniel Jones and I don't like the Baker pick that much. Denver has much bigger concerns than TE. Packers reached on Savage, I don't care how fast he is. Raiders late first rounders were underwhelming. Kaleb Mcgary was a big reach too. I'm not that in love with N'keal Harry either. Other than that yeah, pretty solid first round.

I'm pretty with you on most of this, although I think Denver did very well. Last season they were scraping the bottom of the barrel at tight end and it didn't work out well for them. Getting a really really good receiving tight end along with an extra second rounder and third rounder (I think) is pretty drat good.

Steelers sent a lot but they have needed that position for a while now and it's a huge reason why their defense suffered last season. So yeah high price but a very targeted pick at a position of need.

The Raiders reached on all three first round picks. Not totally absurd reaches like the Giants with Jones, but pretty massive reaches all the same. The box safety with questionable coverage skills took the prize of biggest reach (although he may well end up being a great player).

An interesting question for the second round: when do y'all think Lock and Grier might go? I have a feeling they're going this round but I have no idea where. Grier especially is seeming more promising as perhaps the third best quarterback in the draft

Play fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 26, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Play posted:

An interesting question for the second round: when do y'all think Lock and Grier might go? I have a feeling they're going this round but I have no idea where. Grier especially is seeming more promising as perhaps the third best quarterback in the draft

The Panthers are in love with will grier and I would not be surprised if they take him today, especially if someone like thornhill is gone.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Play posted:

I'm pretty with you on most of this, although I think Denver did very well. Last season they were scraping the bottom of the barrel at tight end and it didn't work out well for them. Getting a really really good receiving tight end along with an extra second rounder and third rounder (I think) is pretty drat good.

Steelers sent a lot but they have needed that position for a while now and it's a huge reason why their defense suffered last season. So yeah high price but a very targeted pick at a position of need.

The Raiders reached on all three first round picks. Not totally absurd reaches like the Giants with Jones, but pretty massive reaches all the same. The box safety with questionable coverage skills took the prize of biggest reach (although he may well end up being a great player).

I think Jonathan Abrams was drafted to counter Kelce/Henry/Fant

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think I'd rather have Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Adderley or Thornhill for that objective. CGJ is gonna be real good.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

I think I'd rather have Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Adderley or Thornhill for that objective. CGJ is gonna be real good.

They pick third in the second round, hopefully they grab one

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

They pick third in the second round, hopefully they grab one
Did they ever figure out a good replacement for Osemele?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Doltos posted:

I feel better knowing you think the Howard pick is at least not worth commenting on.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ben Nevis posted:

I feel better knowing you think the Howard pick is at least not worth commenting on.

Honestly I can't comment on it, I was barely aware of his existence. I try to pride myself on knowing every prospect but I had no clue about him and I never watched tape on him. I just don't know enough besides the two plays I saw on his highlight real from nfl.com to make a formative opinion.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

A fair amount to parse here.

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1121840730337681410?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Uhhhh, we're not saying he's racist. He's just got a lottaaaaaa grown'n up to do!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The main thing I got out of that was who tf talks like that in 2019? "blacks and whites"?! Some redneck rear end nfl exec there.

McGary does seem a little crazy, which I personally like in an OL. :smug:

https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/1066194325879410688

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

He's going to go full John Rocker in Atlanta and it will be hilarious

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"one of the blacks"

Nov 6, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

"one of the blacks"

I imagine the guy writing this is about 80 years old and wears a straw hat.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"he's not racist but-"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

"he's not racist but-"

"he gets nervous around black people with tattoos"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Talks a lot about the Bilderberg Group and skull measurements. Just socially awkward things like that, nothing racist.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Uhhhh, we're not saying he's racist. He's just got a lottaaaaaa grown'n up to do!

Uhhh, we're not saying he's racist, just that he overreacts violently when he hears that jungle music hippity hoppity bee bop

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Are we really focusing on the player and not the clearly racist exec who literally said "one of the blacks" which should be the real wtf part of this story?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Are we really focusing on the player and not the clearly racist exec who literally said "one of the blacks" which should be the real wtf part of this story?

We can focus on both.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

We can focus on both.

So we are just assuming the player is racist because he didn't want to listen to hip hop?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
He's not racist, says the racist.

Nov 6, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

That guy is just a casual racist because of the generation he's from. Kaleb McGary probably has 14 words on the inside of his locker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If you spend your life around major school football and you're STILL racist, you are the hardest of hardcore racists.