Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Jets have their remaining games against the Bills (away), Texans (home), Packers (home), and Patriots (away). I think the likely outcome of that stretch is 1-3, meaning they'll finish at 4-12, and likely have the 3rd or 4th pick.

Jets should only be drafting edge rushers, offensive lineman, and receivers during this draft. I wouldn't be shocked if they decided to trade down to recoup a 2nd rounder (especially if the QB needy teams end up clustered behind them).

If they stick at 3-4, I would hope that Jonah Williams (OT) or Clelin Farrell (OLB/DE) would be the pick (assuming they don't stumble into Nick Bosa).

If they trade down, would consider someone like D.K. Metcalf.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Also, draft Josh Allen as a top 3 edge rusher for maximum AFC East hilarity.

We all know in our cold, dead hearts that Macc will draft an interior defensive lineman because he is BPA at 3 or 4.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Jonah Williams probably isn't even going to fall past 5

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Finally, the Vernon Gholston of wide receivers

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

I've been listening to "Stick to Football" with Matt Miller and Conner Hughes lately. They're pretty good. Also, "Move the Sticks" with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.

The Draft Network has some good stuff, too.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/media/podcasts

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

god drat, russell wilson is pretty yoked

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I would be down to do the Jets, if we're calling teams :)

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I'm actually dying of laughter. Charlie Casserly thinks Daniel Jones is a better prospect than Josh Rosen.

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1111037662243237893

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I always had the perception that Allbright was good, does he get things wrong all the time?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Am I totally remembering wrong, or is Haskins' pre-draft process a lot like Geno Smith's? I feel like Geno was generally regarded as someone who, at the very least, would go in the top 10-15 picks, and potentially in the top 5, until the 2-3 weeks before the draft, when the consensus suddenly changed to "oh yeah, he's gonna drop."

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

If you're an Athletic subscriber (you should be, totally worth it), they just released their draft guide and it's, uh, awesome

https://theathletic.com/917951/2019/04/15/the-beast-is-here-dane-bruglers-2019-nfl-draft-guide/

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Play posted:

I caved and went ahead and got an athletic subscription because I wanted to check out that draft guide. This better be good, I hate acting like a degenerate sports junkie

The Athletic is awesome in generally, you won't regret it

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

The new DJ mock has Ed Oliver going 3 as an edge rusher.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1118177110806319105

I might die laughing if the Giants take Daniel Jones at 6 a year after passing on Darnold.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I'm glad I got Elgton Jenkins at 68 in the goon mock :getin:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Have we had Sean Bunting chat here yet? I can't figure out if draft pundits are watching the same player. Draft Network has him as their 20th ranked CB prospect with a late round grade, while Brugler has him as his 4th ranked CB prospect with a 1st-2nd round grade.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Their mock draft tool is awesome, but it seems like there are always insane/unrealistic falls in the ones I've run. I did one today that had AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel available for the Jets at 68. Though if it's consistent about one thing, it's that the other teams snap up every decent o-line prospect early.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

wandler20 posted:

I just did a couple and in one Daniel Jones went in the top 15 and the next he was available at like 60.

60 is probably about the highest that Daniel Jones **should** go tbqh

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Where do you guys think Hock will go? I'm starting to think the Packers may need to trade up for him if they want to get him but maybe I've been reading too many mock drafts.

top 10

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Maybe I’m wrong but I feel like people are talking about Hock like he’s a generational TE prospect. I’d go as far as say I’d be shocked if he doesn’t go top 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I like to imagine Walter Football is run by WWE NXT UK star WALTER