Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

I can't bring myself to care about the draft until I'm starving for football. Are these college players good or are they bad? Well find out. Maybe

I am still having fun looking back on last year’s draft. The same people who thought the Browns hosed up taking Baker and Ward instead of Barkley and The Other Chubb have not wavered. They are doubling down and still think the team should be have Hue and Barkley as its faces.

I am not a Browns fan, but like many of us here, pay inordinate attention to them cause it is so drat fascinating. I didn’t realize that Mike Silver badbrains were actually contagious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Man that's something I've missed. The only deviation I've seen is insisting that either Baker would've been there at 4 or Baker + Chubb.

I’ll have to go back and copy posts off another forum. It wasn’t a take from TFF since this place owns :glomp: But it was a form of Actually RBs Matter A Lot disease which 2018 has made us all question.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

dphi posted:

Dang, is Zane not good? I don't really pay attention but yeah, he was very reliable in college. Aguayo just shows why you don't draft a kicker early, can't handle the expectations.

He got cut by the loving Browns, so,

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Raku posted:

does kliff know defensive backs exist in the NFL, this is important

lmao

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Where the hell are these people earnestly arguing Romo was as good as Brady, Brees, and Rodgers? I’m pro Romo but come on. The only reason to claim that is if you’re trolling one of the millions of Dallas fans who irrationally hated him and thought he was Peterman-tier.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Welcome to the Hall of Fam

ok this HAS to be what Phillip Rivers calls the family room in his mansion(s)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

It's actually what he calls his wife's vagina

:drat:

:holymoley:

:vince:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

It's a really good draft

I haven't been following it at all yet... all I've heard is the QB and OT prospects are pretty weak. What areas are looking strong at the top end and/or super deep? Seems good for pass rushers which is cool.

Doltos posted:

I think that's just the case of more people playing football = more draftable players. That number should keep climbing every year as the U.S. population does.

This assumes young kids continue to play football at traditional rates. Which I don't think you can take for granted as evidence mounts about how badly it destroys your life. But that's going to take a while to materialize (if it ever does). There's plenty of talent in the pipeline for the foreseeable future.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Didn't Kalli or someone do a study and determine that, if anything, super tall QB's are the ones that universally suck? Guys like Osweiler at 6'7".

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

1. Rumors of "laziness"
2. So you'll read someone's hot take mock who doesn't know any more than you do
3. Ignore everything until the combine especially Walter Football.

4. Then keep ignoring everything because the draft is always bananas and everyone's mocks end up hilariously wrong anyway

ELO Musk posted:

I like tuttles

i love to kiss tuttles

dammit autocorrect!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I don't know what you're talking about, he's a locked in starter for no apparent reason and against all logic in the only league that matters between January and August

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ehud posted:

Here is a pretty handy schedule:

but enough about Bob Kraft's date book

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Doltos posted:

Looks like he's upright and stiff in those four plays he showed.

Close the rubmaps.com popup that’s covering your browser window first.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

Jared Cook is a great get for the Saints

It took 10 years but the Jared Cook is Actually Good truthers might finally have their moment in the sun between last year and the next.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Did I just read an entire page of Chiefs fans pinning their hopes on a lured-away Pats coach turning their fortunes around? :allears: A tried and, well, definitely tried strategy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

It should be the weekend after the NCAA championship and yes I said the weekend.

Signed. First round on Thursday night sucks balls.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

it is dumbass offseason hype that doesn't matter.jpg

Alternatively: I can't believe that NFL intern leaked the first 23 picks of the draft in order

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Every owner and white player in the league is a chud until proven otherwise.

Narrator voice: It was never proven otherwise

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Is it funnier if the Giants draft no QB at all, or reach for a lovely QB :thunk:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kind of amusing that the Browns are one of the teams who have pulled it off, twice! 55 years ago

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

GDT https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887991

fartknocker posted:

Had to wait till I got to my computer...

:lol: these are great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I'm not really one to talk as a fat dumb goon, but man, Andrew Siciliano really has a face for radio. Every time he's in one of those video stills it looks photoshopped