Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

n'keal harry is cool. big with hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KYrrmP1bEk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

bosa would be good seeing as how the cardinals whiffed on nkemdiche. the raiders have the picks to move up but i'm not so sure it's worth it when they have the 4th overall. we just have to see how it plays out.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Thread for laughing at the A's

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I think if you're kyler murray and you just assume you're going to be good then it's the nfl no question

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/josh-rosen-25105/cash-earnings/

middle of the pack first round pick, 17.6MM over 4 years

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/arizona-diamondbacks/luke-weaver-17703/cash-earnings/

lower middle of the pack first round pick, 2.6MM over 4 years plus 2 more years of team control at close to minimum salary (so another 1-2MM) plus 3 years of arbitration which is a salary bump but is basically bullshit in terms of fair value and you are stuck with the team.

murray got a 5MM bonus so you can crank that up to 5,831,829 which is still poo poo compared to the nfl. actually the 15MM request might have been spot on just from working back from that math from the nfl side plus the mlb's minimum salaries.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

in honor of the combine i measured my hands and they're just under 9 1/2 inches. my comparables are aaron rodgers and jameis winston

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'm 6'1. you measure from thumb to pinky

edit: alternatively, with a ruler

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the big issue with arizona is coaching. their line was bad even after they signed all those free agents a while ago.

from a player standpoint they got rid of iupati and aq shipley is old and tore his acl and they never really replaced veldheer so that's RT/G/maybe C they need starters at. I'm fine if they stand pat with the draft spots they have now and the good free agents available slip through their hands but they need to start being average instead of underachieving.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gargantuan 9 and 1000/2000ths inch hands

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rosen was pretty enthusiastic on the cardinals offseason youtube show thing, he was out there cleaning up the ocean and said he'd be back in april? to work with kliff

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

matt asiata ran a 4.81 but was also undrafted

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

quote:

“I think that his height was inflated,'” an unnamed scout told Dan Patrick on Tuesday, and Dan relayed the story on the Wednesday edition of his show. “‘Maybe it’s the tin-foil hat theory. I just don’t see it. If he refuses to be measured at the Pro Day, that will be telling.'”

It’s definitely a tin-foil hat theory, but with so much gold riding on individual draft position, who knows that prospects may do to warp reality? As to Murray’s weight, Chris Simms suggested last week that Murray possibly opted not to work out at the Combine because he focused on packing on as many pounds as possible, and that Murray will turn his attention to shedding the weight and running as fast as possible at his Pro Day workout.

lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Slowpoke! posted:

Doing this is a bullshit way to game the system and should be called out. Of course it’s the player’s choice to participate in these things so if they want to do this you can’t force them, but scouts should definitely factor this in.

The height thing is crazy though. Murray’s height is one of the most scrutinized draft things in years. I can’t imagine he would find a way to game the system there with so many people interested in his height.

he probably hung upside down like spiderman the week before, is my theory

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

my man dan williams looked like he played with a lead diaper on

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I've got the vertical of a pro athlete.

2 dudes that probably have brain damage

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

having 4 qbs there is a recipe for one of them not getting picked, although i also don't know why you'd have 3 there either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

0:28, that's the one :discourse:

the gif with "let me throw it to my 8' tight end" was the one around :52