Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Looking for them meaty bubble butts and also the best de prospect available for the lord’s own Seattle Seahawks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It bugs me that they are always among the top hits on google for nfl draft

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
There’s something deeply tragic that Jeff S made more money than Calvin Johnson.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Yeah, I think it's a dumbass idea. I think more likely than not they're going to waste a year for the privileged of trading up for Justin Herbert or some poo poo like that.

Then tank harder. Cut or trade everyone over 26 or of immediate value to another team. Amass picks and cap space for two years down the road.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I don't think the Dolphins are likely to be in contention for #1 overall unless they start plowing under young players on their rookie contracts, and that is where you start getting really loving risky. Like, you're going to ruin your loving team- if Tua or whoever they draft is a bust, you're a loving ruin and you've already had a lot of problems hiring coaches or front office people. You're looking in the face of some real pre-Marvin Lewis Bengals poo poo.

It is hard to be bad enough to guarantee the first overall pick.

It is NOT hard to tank enough to be in contention for the first overall pick.

Trading scrap players and picks now for slightly higher picks in the future is a good move.

I also disagree with the notion that if you draft a stellar qb prospect that busts, then the team is ruined. For two reasons. First, rookie contracts are team friendlier than ever. Second, if a team doesn’t have a great qb, then they are already ruined. At a certain point you just have to gamble on drafting a qb.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That concept of a ruined team makes no sense. Drafted players will play for the team. FAs play where they are paid. FO/coaching will work for team because it’s a prestigious job.

If decades of spectacular failure hasn’t stopped the Chiefs, lions, Browns, etc. from recently getting good players and coaches then idk dude. “Ruin” isn’t a thing.

I guess if an owner was a total meddling douche like the Browns owner then maybe?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/1101244673211932673
Someone (Giants) please move up to #3 for the right to draft the next Byron Leftwich.

Reminder that this dude was literally one of the best FO dudes for the 2010's. He's a huuuuuuuuuuuge alcoholic and rear end in a top hat, but the dude knows his drafting.

He's incredible.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ironic Twist posted:

I was paying attention to the draft that year and he seemed like the biggest lock of the entire thing. Was anyone predicting he would bust out?

He was universally praised and determined to be not only the safest pick in the draft but likely the highest ceiling. The only discussion on him was on the value of taking a LB high.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Give me big powerful offensive lineman!!!!!!!!!!!

We must establish the run to ensure life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Shout out to the goons making tox bets for money for Charity. drat good moves and we need to support this tradition in TFF

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ehud posted:

why can't Trevor Lawrence come out next year

god dangit

Continue the tank for two years. It must be done. Not joking.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ehud posted:

don’t draft anyone in 2019 and trade all your picks for later drafts

problem solved

This guy gets it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It legit seems like the best way to become a legit contender as fast as possible. Billionaires are weird though. I guess they are too impatient to wait 3 years.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I think Curry has to be the bigger bust.

Everybody thought Curry was a guaranteed all-pro.

The only debate was whether any 4-3 LB was worth taking that high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
[majoras mask DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY .dot jay peg]