Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That is the dumbest poo poo. Not saying you're wrong but drat is that stupid. Flacco is like 6'6 and he's near led the league in tipped balls for the past few years. As long as they have good vision and know where the ball is supposed to go, who cares.

If anything Tua is better built for what he does with his feet. Running back frames for dual threats, and height isn't nearly as much of an issue with offenses spread out.

I feel like short qbs might actually have less tipped passes since they have to throw with a higher trajectory, which would usually make more catchable balls also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Slowpoke! posted:

It could be a nothingburger. That was just my hot take, that Tua doesn't look 6'1, but for all I know it's because he squats down when he is taking the snap and he has a relatively stocky frame.

I think like a lot of people have said, height at QB is less important compared to frame, and Tua has a strong frame. He also is a pass-first runner so I think he will hold up better than someone like Murray.

I think if he does declare, he is going to test the limit for the "size doesn't matter" crowd at QB. He is super small.

I hope he declares because that OU/Alabama game was amazing to watch.

Tua is slightly under or right at six feet. Kyler is... Significantly smaller.

https://media.ksdk.com/assets/KSDK/images/45f8b960-bc20-4fb3-9f16-3dec81db540e/45f8b960-bc20-4fb3-9f16-3dec81db540e_750x422.jpg

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
does kliff know defensive backs exist in the NFL, this is important

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
the cowboys defense was more or less terrible the entire time Romo was there. That's why Eli has two rings and Romo has none.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
It's unfair to call Romo a dumpoff guy at all, his oline was usually worse than his defense

He ran around like a loving magician to complete simple passes

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Bama's defense was poo poo this year and still exposed Kyler

they had two defensive backs that deserved a scholarship healthy that game, no linebackers, and one lineman

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Raekwon Davis to the Browns confirmed or we're trading up for Williams

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1085692169711607808

Raekwon is staying another year iirc

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

Can anyone comment on Will Grier? I watched like 6 games of his while he was at UF and I felt like he had the secret sauce that I like in a quarterback. How has he developed at WVU?

Isn't the secret sauce why he had to leave florida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

zimbomonkey posted:

I wasn't that impressed with Devin White against UCF fwiw. He made some BAD reads that game.

He was also the only defensive starter playing