Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Big Ben in his prime was top 5 wtf you guys talking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

iwentdoodie posted:

Top 5 rapists sure

I bet you still jam remix to ignition too

Being a poo poo person doesn’t remove your professional accomplishments or is this tongue in cheek

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Usain would be an amazing receiver simply because he’d command an over the top deep safety every time because he’s so big and he’s faster than anyone at that position

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ve seen mocks with Greedy falling to 13. I thought he was a top prospect?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“Laziness” was the answer i was looking for.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sad King Billy posted:

I like what The Draft Network comes up with.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/11/sikkemas-2019-nfl-mock-draft-6-0/

Trevor Sikkema's mocks are entertaining.

Miami picking a QB even though literally everyone’s agreed they aren’t interested in any of this year’s crop and it’s universally accepted we’re building the support system for a QB this year

Dude didn’t do basic hw

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I don't know if you can take that at face value. If you did like a quarterback in this draft, you're at a lot of risk of getting jumped by another team, having to trade up, and potentially getting into a bidding war for the right to do so.

I think there's a pretty good likelihood that the coaching staff would turn around and say that Dwayne Haskins is their guy. He's going to be a really good fit for the passing concepts Chad O'Shea is likely going to run, I don't know Jim Caldwell is going to advocate fully trusting in the tank thing, etc.

Miami under Grier is obvious and they don’t try to trick anyone about this. We still draft guys that are leaked to be in our favor weeks in advance.

They’re not going QB unless they fell in love with Murray and he falls. It’s no secret they’re looking at defensive line heavily in this draft. The quote was “we (Miami) can draft a starter in the 3rd round in this draft”

Showing they are valuing defense. Recognize that this draft is the draft to invest in defensive line heavily. Strong possibility of hitting a bullseye.

You let a poo poo QB trot out there and get beat up as you see how your many draft picks or bargain free agent signings on the offensive line pan out and you get closer to a finished product involving a strong offensive line, a sound running back and a defense that can at least stop a few teams

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Yeah I don't know that I agree with that- I think Mike Tannenbaum is the guy who liked to talk and leak and all that stuff. We don't really know that about Chris Grier. While I don't know that there's good evidence of a grand conspiracy to hide them going after a QB this year, I can't imagine any serious decisions have been made yet. The coaching staff has been working in the building for just a matter of days.

This isn’t correct. Trust me (or if you’re really desperate, i trust you. PM me and I’ll share)

Same scouting staff for 3 years. Same agents in the building. It’s not a secret, just like Minkah being our #3 overall prospect last year (Baker 1, Chubb 2nd)

Tons of leaks, just none to Armando. Even players know chatter from the scouts lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s got insane bend. I really like him

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

I want all the DL in this draft. It's insane.

Yeah like 8 of them are good game 1 starter material and it feels so weird.

Lotsa great LBs too

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
His defense of DK is...what people have been saying...that he’s got terrible footwork and he has stiff hips has evidenced by that video... so...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Play - as this forums top draft expert, who would you target as the best defensive linemen for a 3-4/4-3 hybrid

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If he refuses to be measured at his pro day then that’s super obvious

But hey Arizona’s problem!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s going to Arizona.

I’m a huge fan of Gary @ 13. No chance we see Dexter Lawrence imo he’s too talented to drop to 10.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh wow most mocks have Gary top 10 and Lawrence dropping?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

Drop all the way to 14 plz thx

Mocks showing Miami going QB are dumb, and if Ed is there, he’s gotta be Miami’s pick. Him or Lawrence. We’re lacking versatile DL and Oliver fit the bill but Lawrence is the 3-4 NT who comes along every 5-7 years

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

Where do you all pick?

I'm hoping for Oliver or Wilkins but an olinemen is needed too. I just want them to spend the first few picks on the lines.

13!

Historically VERY bad for Miami

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah what were the year two terms?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

It legit seems like the best way to become a legit contender as fast as possible. Billionaires are weird though. I guess they are too impatient to wait 3 years.

If you eat a bad year, you automatically gain insane leverage for both salary cap and draft ammunition. It just really puts a lot of emphasis on that draft class, but with the added value of putting extra value in your current draft solely by the virtue of being able to pick truly what you feel is the best player at that selection

I’m still waiting to hear about Xs contract

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 16, 2019

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
FOR OFFENSE NO LESS

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s going 13 sorry

PLEASE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We’ll see. This draft has so many stud DL it’s the best year for Miami to need to replace Wake

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Dontari Poe ran a 4.8 while weighing like a hundred pounds more than Oliver

4.98 in the 40 at 342 apparently

So...

(If Wikipedia is wrong sue me)

Edit:
Looks like Poe ain’t the only slow one :cool:

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 28, 2019

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
JJ Watt tying LdT is freakish as hell but beating it at a projected DT spot lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Play posted:

If Haskins fell into your lap would you Dolphins guys be into that?

🤷🏻‍♂️

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Nobody has a track record as bad as JLC. He’s legendarily awful and I’m so happy everyone in TFF finally saw it on a national stage.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jones over Haskins?
No Lawrence? Wow

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh i assumed Haskins was not invited

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Not being invited is a huge slight, because the nfl network works directly with the same draft groups who do the “anonymous” polls of NFL executives

Being invited and Not going is BDE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Good to know Ross's boundary line for Nazis.

Noted Jew Mike Greenberg

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Grier has a noodle tho

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So trade for Rosen

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Always good to let everyone know you are committed to a certain player

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Big Jesus posted:

I'm conflicted - do I go see avengers at 6 and miss the first two hours of the draft if it actually starts at 8, or do I risk getting spoiled and see it tomorrow morning/midday? I'm thinking the latter.

I’ll be out right around the time pick 11 is announced so best of both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Day 2 targets specifically for Miami

OG Cody Ford (1) – Nasty people mover, power is his game. Best run blocker in the draft, tackle versatility if needed

C Erik McCoy (1) – Proved himself time and again against top level competition, not the athlete Bradbury is, but technically sound and packs a mean punch

CB Rock Ya Sin (1) – Excels in both press and off, thrives on winning those hand battles with receivers, active run defender, great swagger

CB Greedy Williams (1) – Ball hawk, good movement skills, but allows too much cushion in zone and must improve tackling ability

OT Dalton Risner (2) – Checks all boxes with his athleticism, work ethic, football IQ, competitiveness and versatility as a former C and OG

EDGE Ben Banogu (2) – Quick twitch athlete, ceiling through the roof, used in coverage but I want to see him hone his skills as a pass rusher full time

DE Maxx Crosby (2) – Long, great athleticism and burst through the gaps, impacts games in a big way as a pass rusher and run defender

CB Julian Love (2) – Highly instinctual and some of the best ball skills, anticipates routes, sticks with receivers, but lack of ideal size makes his a best fit in the slot

WR Hakeem Butler (2) – Outstanding size and deceptive speed make him very tough to defend downfield. Gesicki could learn a thing or two from his guys ability to box out with that frame

CB Justin Layne (2) – Smart corner, won’t bite on setups, smooth hips to turn and run with receivers. Still learning the position, which is what I’d attribute his lack of INTs to rather than ball skills

WR AJ Brown (2) – Accomplished route runner, chain mover, good hands, superior in most ways than his jacked up teammate

S Nasir Adderley (2) – Ball hawking safety with great instincts and range, also offers CB versatility in a pinch

S Taylor Rapp (2) – Instinctual, makes a lot of plays at and behind the LOS, good bitzer, physical box type

LB Germaine Prett (3) – Coverage is his obvious strength, understands zone concepts, great athlete, a former safety who moved and I project his instincts to get better in time

WR Mecole Hardman (3) – Electric playmaker, versatile, great with the ball in his hands, and a threat to score from anywhere

WR Parris Campbell (3) – Speed demon; get the ball in his hands and watch him go. Best of the bunch after the catch

RB Darrell Henderson (3) – Excels working through traffic, but can also hit the big home run in an instant. Rarely will you see him lose yards in the red zone

LB Blake Cashman (3) – Flashes all over the place with his speed and physical hits, trusts his instincts, good tackling form, I think he’ll end up starting

WR Emanuel Hall (3) – Enticing combination of size and speed; makes one highlight play after the other. Ready to play immediately with how easy he beats press

OT Bobby Evans (3) – Mauling RT; excels in the run game, unmovable when he gets his anchor set

WR Riley Ridley (3) – Most advanced route runner, knows how to set up and disguise, finds the soft spots. Reliable between the 20s

EDGE Jordan Brailford (3) – Similar to Banogu, another with a huge ceiling based on his elite athleticism, used all over the place but I want to see him concentrate on getting that QB

RB Trayveon Williams (3) – Shifty and tough, makes you miss in space, great vision and receiving ability. One of my favs

CB Jamel Dean (3) – Elite size and speed, but very raw, allowed too many completions in college and needs technique coaching

CB Isaiah Johnson (3) – Another long, press corner with 4.4 speed, technique leaves a lot to be desired at this point. Similar to Dean

LB Mack Wilson (3) – Instinctual, always around the football, hands always working, not easily fooled, just lacks ideal range

C Elgton Jenkins (3) – Power fit only, dominant run blocker. Needs to refine technique in pass pro where he struggles with quickness and holds

LB Ben Burr Kirven (3) – One of the better tacklers at the LB spot, plays with a nasty edge and above average instincts

RB Miles Sanders (3) – Outstanding quickness and lateral agility, makes guys look foolish with his ability to plant and drive. Low mileage a big plus

S Juan Thornhill (3) – Versatile box safety with the instincts, route recognition and ball skills to play free

LB Drue Tranquill (3) – Also a former safety so you know he can cover. Matches up with TEs regularly, good instincts, always keeps his eyes on the QB

DE Jalen Ferguson (3) – Best with his hand in the dirt, gets a ton of sacks but overly reliant on power moves and lacks ideal athleticism

RB David Montgomery (3) – Pile mover who loves contact. Real workhorse who breaks tackles for days

OG Dru Samia (3) – Sound technician with a nasty side, does his best work at the LOS in short areas

S Chauncey Gardner Johnson (3) – Capable of playing in the box or the deep zone, athletic and smart safety who loves the chess matchups with opposing QBs