Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm interested in a Kareem Hunt type player in the later rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hi friends

When did Walter Football turn into a pop up ad poo poo show the likes of which I've only seen in illegal streams?

I'll listen off the air.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I never used Walter for the opinions and for some reason they always seemed to constantly mock the Chiefs choosing a tackle or defensive end regardless of need but the player big board and positional rankings were useful. But gently caress that after that poo poo today I'm never going back.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Seahawks and Chiefs were the only teams to go to Mahomes' pro day. He probably knew that info and still slotted him to Houston. In fairness, they probably would have taken him if he fell that far.

quote:

Houston Texans: Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech

I would've had the Texans going in a different direction prior to the Tony Romo news. However, Romo retired - check out my Disaster Grades for the Tony Romo retirement here - and so Houston will have to start Tom Savage unless it can find an alternative solution. That solution could be this pick, which almost has to happen now.

Charlie Campbell reported that some teams have Mahomes slotted as a second-round prospect, but given that Mahomes is a quarterback, he's likely to be chosen earlier than most anticipate. The NFL Draft Advisory Committee apparently agrees, as they gave Mahomes a Round 2 grade, which means he'll be pushed into the opening frame because he's a quarterback. Thus, it only seems logical to slot Mahomes into this spot, because if the Texans like him, they won't be able to obtain him with their second-round selection. There's actually a chance he won't be available here, as a team believes the 49ers will pick Pat Mahomes.

*** OTHER 2017 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Deshaun Watson, QB - I think it's either Mahomes or Watson. There's a greater chance Watson is off the board.

2. Cam Robinson, OT - If Robinson falls, and both quarterbacks are off the board, the Texans could opt for the Alabama tackle.

edit: and just to prove what I said earlier he mocked the Chiefs to take an offensive lineman, citing Reid being a big fan of building teams through the trenches which is hilarious because they took a lineman in the first just once.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 22, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Went and checked out Reid's picks from philly and green bay and you are right.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is the first year I completely skipped the QB write-ups. Feels good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think you have to give Rosen more time, right? This is a good class to have the top pick in if you don't need a QB, right?

The Chiefs had to take a dogshit tackle project #1 when they had it. I'd have killed for a Bosa or Williams that year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't really watch NCAAF this year but is Lawrence better than the Ohio State Haskins guy?

Also in this one game that I watched I didn't like Tua taking his eyes off receivers when he gets pressured. But then again I have Alex Smith PTSD.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It would be a shame for anybody but the Vikings to get him. Cut Cousins now, start the tanking.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Ben and Rivers both have a chance to get to top 5 in the big counting stats

Rivers isn't even the best Chargers alum QB playing currently.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ha talking about Drew Brees not Dan Fouts

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think it mattered more when the Stand Like a Statue in the Pocket Offense was more in vogue.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

That said, it didn't *look like* a 4.22 but maybe it's camera angles. Also...

Bolt as a sprinter is known for how long his stride is. That's why it didn't look like Tyreek Hill who is 5-10 on his best day and has to use a lot more strides to get to the same spot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Also, who do you all think has the best name tool in the draft? I really like Greedy Williams, but that's easy

Also the best CB in the draft

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm fine, I'm dead set on the Chiefs doing whatever is necessary to get Deandre Baker.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

All just living in the shadow of General Booty

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’ve seen mocks with Greedy falling to 13. I thought he was a top prospect?

1. Rumors of "laziness"
2. So you'll read someone's hot take mock who doesn't know any more than you do
3. Ignore everything until the combine especially Walter Football.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

But sometimes, rarely but sometimes, draft pundits are like "why the gently caress is Seattle drafting Rashaad Penny in the first round?!" and they're right on the money.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I never really thought about it but yeah you're right. The QB order was right on and Jackson went right where people predicted. Good call.

edit: except for Penny, who should have gone in the 2nd or 3rd to Tampa Bay or something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oof. Murray ranked the same as Josh Allen is a big wow. Murray is accurate and Allen is hopeful it goes forward.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well I was all in on Rosen so shows you what I know.

Maybe I should like...watch college football?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't actually watch it but I love the information that comes out of it.

Get on board for Kyle Murray being fat to weigh over 200 but measuring 5'8 1/2 without shoes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you think that's great you should have seen Chris Jones run it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just a shade under 10. 5'11.

I hear that translates to an NFL wang.

I hear.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think he should go #1 to Arizona and they should trade Rosen to New England and take a tight end with the 32nd pick

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well they're getting Rosen murdered with it now so maybe they should put someone in there that can actually avoid pass rushers?

Also they have a lot of picks (11, 12 minimum if they trade Rosen) to work on the line.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wonder if he was wearing shoes or barefoot like the NBA.

He's going to go top 5 now, btw.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The fat/muscle takes the beating instead of the organs and bones. That's the logic behind QB's having dad bods.

Mahomes really does have it all.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know I said trade rosen to the Pats but now that it seems possible this is the worst thing all of a sudden.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Ed Oliver is the guy I hope falls to KC at 29, him or Polite

Neither please.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like this is one of the extremely limited situations where a Scientologist auditor would be useful.

Snap to the present!! Now. Recall a secret.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Counterpoint: my eyes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is a hybrid a 4-3 Under

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Charlie Casserole also said Mahomes is a 1 read QB

On the flipside Reid wasn't sold on Mahomes until his 5 hour board work boot camp day. Something tells me Murray isn't passing that and if he isn't everyone can stop comparing him to Mahomes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I keep hearing about how the Chiefs switching to a 4-3 doesn't matter at all because they're in sub packages most of the time. But then I think about how they have to pay Dee Ford 2 million dollars more if they admit they're switching Ford to RDE and the fact that Houston and Ford will both play the RDE in a base 4-3 alignment and they're shopping both.

I have no idea what the Chiefs are actually doing with their defense basically. They may switch Chris Jones or they may start Breeland Speaks, a guy drafted as an outside linebacker last year which made no sense because he's 285 pounds and slow. He's made to be a defensive end in a 4-3.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Finally a conspiracy theory that I can get behind

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just want to know if he was wearing shoes when his height was measured. That feeling is based on decades of bullshit heights being exposed in the NBA combine without shoes. Suddenly your "6'11" power forward is actually 6'8 3/4

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also they should watch more tape. Just in case you plan on taking Hasheem Thabeet ahead of Steph Curry.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Play posted:

The way I see it the only reason he put on weight to begin with was to meet the expectations of a bunch of crusty old fuckers stuck in the past.

I am an admitted crusty old fucker stuck in the past because I think he's gonna get rocked in the NFL playing at his actual height and weight. Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't bet the #1 draft pick on him, especially if I own a brand new 6'4 quarterback whom the jury is still way out on.

Then again I'd have never hired Kingsbury to be a head coach in the NFL but hey what do I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Maybe Murray can stretch to twice his height and he's just saving his super stretchy powers for when he faces the Patriots in the Super Bowl so Belicheck can't plan around it.

It's been done before

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuDCDmpni8A/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link