Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this dude is ridiculous and I hope we draft him

https://twitter.com/RetireMoms/status/1079825020103335937

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kiimo posted:

I didn't really watch NCAAF this year but is Lawrence better than the Ohio State Haskins guy?

Also in this one game that I watched I didn't like Tua taking his eyes off receivers when he gets pressured. But then again I have Alex Smith PTSD.

Lawrence is a true freshman and he's the most pro-ready college QB I think I've ever seen.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Metapod posted:

KYLER NOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1084909340723740672

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hahaha I forgot Freeze was at Liberty

It’s so perfect

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

The best thing going for Murray right now is that it's pretty much illegal to look at a QB in today's NFL.

On the other hand, he’s black.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I don't think the Dolphins can out tank what Gruden is going to do next year. That's going to be an almost entirely rookie defense.

We're probably starting David Fales at QB

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The combine totally snuck up on me this year. The AAF works!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Here is a pretty handy schedule:

quote:

Tuesday, February 26
Groups 1, 2, 3 (special teams, offensive linemen, and running backs) - Arrival, registration, hospital pre-exam and X-rays, orientation, team interviews.

Wednesday, February 27
Groups 1, 2, 3 (ST, OL, RB) - Measurements/weigh-in, medical examinations, team interviews

Groups 4, 5, 6 (quarterbacks, wide receivers, tight ends) - Arrival, registration, hospital pre-exam and X-rays, orientation, team interviews

Thursday, February 28
Groups 1, 2, 3 (ST, OL, RB) - Psychological testing, NFLPA meeting, media, bench press, team interviews

Groups 4, 5, 6 (QB, WR, TE) - Measurements/weigh-in, medical examinations, team interviews

Groups 7, 8, 9 (defensive line, linebackers) - Arrival, registration, hospital pre-exam and X-rays, orientation, team interviews

Friday, March 1
Groups 1, 2, 3 (ST, OL, RB) - On-field workout, departure

Groups 4, 5, 6 (QB, WR, TE) - Psychological testing, NFLPA meeting, media, bench press, team interviews

Groups 7, 8, 9 (DL, LB) - Measurements/weigh-in, medical examinations, team interviews

Groups 10, 11 (defensive backs) - Arrival, registration, hospital pre-exam and X-rays, orientation, team interviews

Saturday, March 2
Groups 4, 5, 6 (QB, WR, TE) - On-field workout, departure

Groups 7, 8, 9 (DL, LB) - Psychological testing, NFLPA meeting, media, bench press, team interviews

Groups 10, 11 (DB) - Measurements/weigh-in, medical examinations, team interviews

Sunday, March 3
Groups 7, 8, 9 (DL, LB) - On-field workout, departure

Groups 10, 11 (DB) - Psychological testing, NFLPA meeting, media, bench press, team interviews

Monday, March 4
Groups 10, 11 (DB) - On-field workout, departure

Workouts
40-yard dash
Vertical jump
Broad jump
Three-cone drill
20-yard shuttle
60-yard shuttle
Position-specific drills
Television coverage
NFL Network will air live coverage of the on-field workouts March 1-4, beginning at 9am ET on Friday, Saturday, and Monday, and at 10am ET on Sunday. ABC will also air coverage from 1-3pm ET on Saturday, covering the quarterbacks and wide receivers.

Online Streaming
The NFL app and NFL.com/Watch will stream the coverage, provided you are subscribed to a television provider that includes NFL Network.

NFL.com will air a one-hour re-cap show, Combine Today, each day of the Combine, streaming at 4pm ET on Friday and Sunday, 5pm ET on Saturday, and 2pm ET on Monday.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I just remembered Mike Mayock can't host because he's with the Raiders now.

who will tell me about bubble butts??

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hifi posted:

in honor of the combine i measured my hands and they're just under 9 1/2 inches. my comparables are aaron rodgers and jameis winston

You have very large hands. How tall are you?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Today starting at 9 we get these on field workouts

Kickers
Special teamers
Offensive linemen
Running backs

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Can anyone comment on Will Grier? I watched like 6 games of his while he was at UF and I felt like he had the secret sauce that I like in a quarterback. How has he developed at WVU?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

QB, WR and TE on field today!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I guess Jachai Polite is acting like a dope in his interviews.

I still want to draft him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They just corrected his 40 time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Devin White 4.42

goodness

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

can’t believe known cheater Tom Brady cheated at the combine

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sure I’ll do a third for him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

He was almost dead last in the 20 yard shuttle too

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

His defense of DK is...what people have been saying...that he’s got terrible footwork and he has stiff hips has evidenced by that video... so...

well sure if you want to focus on all the things that make him slow then I guess it's a "terrible" 3 cone drill

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

I must have missed when whatever precedent was set that combine numbers are bullshit, except somehow for the all-important three cone drill.

If the drills confirm/explain what you saw (or didn’t see) on film then it probably matters.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Shout out to the goons making tox bets for money for Charity. drat good moves and we need to support this tradition in TFF

it’s good but I think there should also be a dick related avatar involved

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

why does he need to be measured again

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I mean, that is a double team

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/1106258227845464064

lol ok miami ;)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

If it turns out the Cardinals are actually open to offers for the pick, there's due diligence to be done.

The price for the Rams to trade up from #15 to #1 to take Jared Goff was two 1sts, 2nds, and 3rds. I don't think that's too irresponsible, especially if you're freeing up a bunch of cap space and can be more active in free agency in the future.

There's a lot of uncertainty with the whole expecting to get a guy in 2020 thing. Hell, Tua might not even come out.

If we finally go all in on a QB and it's for the shortest QB in NFL history I will laugh and laugh.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I mean, what's the concern really? That he can't see over NFL linemen the same size as the ones he plays with in college?

You don’t think there is a point where a guy is so small that it becomes a detriment to either his performance or durability?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

EmbryoSteve posted:

I don't think it is just height. Dude looks slight in frame/build and I am fully believing the conspiracy theory that he bulked up for the combine and at actually plays at sub 200 lbs. If true he will die the first time he smacked by a DT

He almost certainly bulked up for the weigh in. I agree that it isn't just height. He's just a small dude overall. Russell Wilson is also short, but he's stout as hell.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

Wilson is listed at 206. No reason to think that Murray couldn't add at least that since he weighed in at 207 with professional weight and nutrition regimen.

I dunno man. This was Wilson at the combine.

And here he is in 2016.

It's hard to imagine Kyler Murray holding weight like that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

why can't Trevor Lawrence come out next year

god dangit

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I don't really trust the Dolphins ability to tank properly.

They won a lot of the games they won last year based on explosive offensive plays or interceptions from guys still on the roster. Unless you're trading a bunch of those guys, you've got an easy element of risk there. Even if you're starting Luke Falk.

why can't you just be positive and hope the dolphins lose games

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

Do NFL teams even tank? NBA teams tank for sure. MLB teams tank. Feels like tanking in the NFL isn't really a thing although the Giants sure seem to be trying rn.

the miami dolphins are innovators

ever heard of the wildcat offense

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Continue the tank for two years. It must be done. Not joking.

I would sign up for this, but I don't think there is any chance we do it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think it would be a bad idea(especially if your goal is a single prospect like Lawrence).

Your 2019 rookie class is going to be halfway through their rookie deals by the time you've even drafted your QB.

don’t draft anyone in 2019 and trade all your picks for later drafts

problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

every wednesday is whiteboy wednesday for me