Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Jets draft Williams at 3 I will be perturbed.

Justyn Ross is pretty much AJ Green. He's only a freshman...

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Romo was a LOT better than Eli Manning. Come on.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Doltos posted:

Not even close. Eli could make any throw all over the field and his playoff stats were about the same as Romo. He's a big dingus though so that's why I put them on the same tier as QBs that you know are good but could be better.

LOL @ playoff stats. Romo's overall numbers are VASTLY better.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Doltos posted:

You'll find that regular season doesn't matter that much when the Super Bowl tends to be the goal of every team

It's a team sport and Eli had 2 fluky runs and was a mediocre player the rest of his career. He's basically Nick Foles. You're comparing 2 individual players and Romo's career was vastly better

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Doltos posted:

One has two super bowl rings and is currently playing in the NFL the other is a broadcaster who never made it to the NFCCG.

Ignoring the obvious way that people judge careers you act like Eli was some poo poo tier QB that the Giants had to drag to the playoffs.

Closer to poo poo tier than to Romo.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 11, 2019

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sourdough posted:

You inspired me to look at pfr and Romo is better in every rate stat, hah. Completion percentage, td rate, int rate, yards/attempt, on almost exactly the same attempts per game fwiw. I forgot how good some of Romo's seasons were.

He's not just better. He's significantly better.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Is Good Josh Allen a better pure pass rushing prospect than Bosa?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It doesn't logically follow that just because we have a few examples of short QB's who are exceptional like Drew Brees or Russell Wilson, that being short doesn't hurt a QB. Most people that size never even play QB in the first place...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kingsbury is making me appreciate Adam Gase....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Say Bosa goes #1, like everyone assumes, is the smart pick Allen or Quinnen Williams for SF? They could use a another pass rusher but DL is a need too..

Isn't everyone assuming that Murray is going 1?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I no longer hope that Bosa drops to the Jets after learning that he's a MAGA Chud.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Big Jesus posted:

I'm conflicted - do I go see avengers at 6 and miss the first two hours of the draft if it actually starts at 8, or do I risk getting spoiled and see it tomorrow morning/midday? I'm thinking the latter.

There are still tickets available in your area for 6PM? All the theaters around me have been sold out for weeks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you spend your life around major school football and you're STILL racist, you are the hardest of hardcore racists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you forget about them trading Mack, I think the Raiders had a really good first round...